Seeds to Weeds : Live & Learn Organic Edition👨🏼‍🌾📝

Its day 35f so i got a few weeks to go and this stuff is like rapid onset problems. Hope it dont get too bad. The only plant that is care free is the pk. Pk is in there thugging. Then again pk had a rough upbringing compared to these other plants so maybe thats why she aint bitching… she seen worse lol

1 Like

Ah my bad, not so ready then. Maybe a repoting could help?

1 Like

Thats not really an option everything is pretty much set in stone until chop.

Ill figure it out guys. I got a pretty good idea of whats going on just not how to fix it. It looks to me like ppms were high but like @FirstCavApache64 said organic ppms can be all over the place and im experiencing that for the first time.

1 Like

It looks like the fb 2 is nute burned from the tea and being in amended bag soil, sg1 looks like it has a manganese def. Everyone else looks hungry.

Whats everyone think? Does that sound right guys?

Yep, your conclusions makes sense to me. Keep us updated!

1 Like

I have root drench from fox farms im planning on hitting sg1 with a light dose of that. It has a ton of beneficial bacteria and micronutrients.

Fb2 i will be feeding just water maybe a low dose of bloom nutes in the next 2 weeks,

Fb1, fb3 i will be feeding light dose of bloom nutes.

Pk seems to be humming along fine so ill water and dose lightly also

Edit: @HamTheMeatMan what do you think of this approach

2 Likes

Lots of good advice :arrow_heading_up:

On a ‘housekeeping’ note…
Get rid of the yellow spotted and crispy leaves as soon as you can as they are a ‘fungus breeding ground’ for further complications.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Will do today.

What do you think of my approach above your comment?

1 Like

Here’s what the average soil test looks like under LED using the popular internet guru approved organic methods.

There’s nothing wrong with ph bugs climate, chakras, planetary alignment or any of that. Simply a phosphorus nitrogen trace mineral deficiency. Like literally every grow I consult. Stay away from organic gurus. Theyll call zinc deficiency potassium deficiency or light burn. They’ll blame imbalanced nutes on literally anything but imbalance nutes. They lock everything out with calcium.

It’s never bugs. It’s never calmag. It’s always phosphorus and trace minerals, and sometimes nitrogen.

1 Like

What do you suggest is my best approach?

I was suspecting nitrogen def and micronutrients def (trace mineral??)

Sounds right, but I’d add a little CalMag (1/4 strength) as well.
I usually go with top dressing with worm castings (but I make them…).
There are multiple ‘good options’ for adding amendments so I won’t focus on that.

I ‘try to avoid’ adding amendments this close to harvest but you are in a somewhat difficult situation.
Generally at this point my goal is to work to minimize further damage and coax them across the finish line.
All things considered, they are not in ‘bad’ shape.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

This is truth.

2 Likes

@Gpaw well i burnt them pretty good. Idk what i was thinking but i guess 4tsp root drench 3tsp cal mag and 25ml bio-bloom into 50 cups made sense when i mixed it up. My purple kush who was perfectly green before this is now burnt up prettt good.

Also is this what i think it is???

Sg1 looks even worse now too

Fb2 is just burning up completely

Hindsight 20/20

2 Likes

Feeling pretty down about this grow :man_facepalming:t2:

This is like one of those WWII movies where the bomber is all shot up and limping back across the channel.
The navigator is telling you that there is a fuel leak, one engine is shut down and another is really hinky

OK, so you need to drop ‘unnecessary weight’… clip off any fan leafs that looks like they are going necrotic (yellow, brown spots, curling under etc.)
This will help minimize contamination. Think of it as “they are all coming off when you harvest so what’s the down side”.
Shift them around so they aren’t touching the tent walls or each other… (as much as you can).
Maintain watering but tending to the dry side (pH’d water only).

That should get you to a decent harvest.

Keep a notebook to write down ideas for improvements. It is invaluable.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I think it’s a root rot related issue i see this alot with organics or peat based soils. Also organic ammendments take awhile to break down and be used by the plant so adding it when you have a problem is to late some organics take amonth or more to even be usable.i also dont think organics register correctly on a ppm meter amd Flushing organics imo is just gonna make it worst . If your goin to do organics you need to amend heavily during planting then just water the rest of the grow with wet and dry cycles in the medium it between waterings , if you wanna feed during the grow switch to a 50/50 blend of coir and perlite and feed away but just use synthetics. The way I do it is organics outdoors synthetics indoors and things for me became easier ever sense

1 Like

This is only my 3rd grow. I was using bottled organic nutes and follow chart at half strength and i was good.

This time i did not do that at all. I tried to wait for the plants to show me what they needed and then feed. Also i was going to switch to living soil SIP midway through veg but didnt and got all the amendments to do so and figured i should make teas only this run and here i am now lol day 41 cooked

3 Likes

Also they are elevated in air pots with a fan blowing 24/7 at the pots. I think i just suck at dialing in a feed plan. It could be root rot idk i need to go back to the drawing board after this one

Idk what the hell i was thinking. I had it planned out perfect here. I did not do this at all🤦🏻‍♂️ i hit every plant with 8 cups of my 50cup concoction of 25ml bio bloom, 4tsp root drench, 3tsp cal mag ph to 6.3.

I should have just followed what i wrote here and my pk wouldnt have got burnt at least. And why i fed rhe fb2 more nutes is beyond me. Pk and fb 2 should have got plain water.

Im going to feed plain water the rest of the grow u til harvest. Pretty bummed out about all this but it is my own fault for not staying on point with everything

@AzSeaindooin420

Man can you take a minute and read through everything i got going on. Im way off track and i feel doomed. I know i can limp across the finish line but what is my best bet at this point? I need some solid instructions/advice if you can give me some bro