Sending Seeds on a Budget, Part 2

The wieght is what sprang to my mind when I read your first post.
You, @Oldtimerunderground , are a mad scientist!!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
This is awesome in its simplicity. Like the power cords Tony came up with for Iron man! (Sabbath reference)
:grin::peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Oh… Tony Iommi… not Tony Stark… :rofl: :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

very cool :sunglasses::+1:

toki

1 Like

Very cool idea! I bet a forstner bit would work too.

1 Like

I had some spruce the right thickness and drilled out a pocket with a forstner bit. I have also sent seeds with a corrugated plastic with the seeds in the center and a couple of tracks on either side to help support against any side pressure. Tape it to the inside of the card and away they go.

4 Likes

Good idea.

1 Like

I put 3 chips with bristol/poster board in #8 envelopes. I haven’t found my scale yet after moving, so I brought it to the post office and used the one there. Came out to 28 grams exactly.

The lady was feelin up my envelopes and asked me “Is there stuff in here or anything? If there is, you have to fill out a customs forms” I replied “No, they’re just 3D cards” got em stamped and sent out.

7 Likes

Right on man, good to know. Once my washer supply runs out, I’m gonna use up the shit ton of old poker chips left around when all my kids moved out.:grin::v:

2 Likes

I love to see the creative solutions people invent.

I’ve sent and received many shares, learning how to package along the way. I settled on the corrugated plastic with toothpicks for support. It’s under 0.25" thick, so can be sent in snail mail with a non-machinable surcharge.

I take the signs left by lawn maintenance companies in people’s front yards. They would just end up in the trash anyway. They are left all over town around here, so lots of free materials.

My next hurdle is to reduce handling time/effort while keeping the costs as low. It’s very time consuming to prep and send a lot of shares.

9 Likes

I just threw some off a cliff because I was tired of looking at them :rofl:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.