Sending Seeds on a Budget, Part 2

Hello to all my esteemed Cannabis cultivating and bean sharing friends.

Some of you may have already seen my other thread

After going to buy some hose washers from the local hardware store and seeing the price had doubled over the past year, I decided to find an even cheaper way to send seeds.

I don’t have a 3d printer, so I knew right off the bat I would need to improvise and MacGyver some shit to replace the hose washers with something that wouldn’t break the bank.

While at the dollar store with my family, strolling through the aisles, I spotted something on the shelf. That’s when it dawned on me, I could use poker chips! Perfect size and thickness, durable, and the best part of all, cheap AF! :grinning:

Tools needed :

• Drill
  • Locking pliers
  • A place to make a mess without your spouse catching you :laughing:

First, stack 4-5 poker chips and clamp them at the edge with the pliers

Drill some holes

A few minutes later

To help secure the seeds I used report cover labels. Both the chips and labels came in packs of 40. If that’s not a sign from the Ganja bean sending Gods, I don’t know what is! :joy:

Size in comparison to coin flip

There it is, an even cheaper way to send seeds! Hope this helps you save a buck or 2.

Total cost for the chips and labels - $3
Cost per seed pack - 7.5 cents
Helping OG’s save money and send out seeds to OverGrow the World - Priceless! :grin:

75 Likes

Thanks @Oldtimerunderground ! I love the “How-2” with pictures! Thanks soooo much for this! You are an OG!

OVERGROW THE WORLD!!!

☆DJSF

12 Likes

that will work whats the average thickness of said chips

5 Likes

Dude…

I love it. :heart_eyes:
edit: I have at least 3 cases full of these.

5 Likes

You’re most welcome @DJSF Thank you

@Mr.Sparkle I didn’t think to pull out the caliper when I was in the garage earlier, but they’re nearly the exact same thickness as a hose washer, probably 2.9mm or something. Fits the average size seed perfectly. Might have an issue with jumbo seeds though :laughing:

Thank you @tresbundles, I think we’re all going to see a bunch of poker chips in the mail real soon :rofl:

17 Likes

Freak’n triple A man!!
functional and cool :+1:

Cheers
G

9 Likes

Thanks @Gpaw :grin:

I did the first couple 1 at a time, said F this, and started stackin em :laughing:

The next ones I do I think I’ll add a few more holes to help lighten the load. They’re not really heavy either way, but for sending multiple packs the weight might add up quick. I can’t find my scale right now, but feels a bit lighter in my hands than a normal coin flip.

6 Likes

Ingenious! Hats off to you sir! Thanks for sharing :ok_hand::sunglasses:

2 Likes

crazy glue two chips together, then drill and pack as normal for those jumbo seeds like White Rhino, etc… Dollar stores always have cheap crazy glue as well

7 Likes

Thank you @Cranio :pray: I’m surprised I didn’t think of it sooner. Necessity really is the mother of invention, and after all the expenses of moving last week, I have a necessity to keep my money in my wallet :rofl:

10 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:Roger that! You’re spot on man I think many og"s will be trading chips now :thinking: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

But then it would be too thick/over the 5mm limit to send with 1 stamp regular mail. :thinking: maybe if I cut the big beans in half? :joy: it’s just a little light scarification haha.

3 Likes

Hmm… Got a heat press for rosin? :rofl:

Squeeze them bitches. If that dont work, you could squeeze the seeds instead, but I got a feeling someone opening the envelope might not be as thrilled with that method :rofl:

Or. Say fuck it, and send them in a padded envelope, if they want the fatty seeds, they gotta pay for the extra “seat” LOL

4 Likes

I’d cut cardboard from a soda box or something and wrap it around the chip and tape it on and then drill it. You’d get a bit more thickness out of that

1 Like

anyone 3d print lol i know some of you guys do. i dont but hey its an idea. i do like the chips better though lol

2 Likes

I saw a guy use wads of toilet paper for cushioning. Can’t remember who. Worked well but bulk size could be an issue.

2 Likes

I hope q tips & a piece of cardboard haven’t gotten out of reach price wise :thinking::ear::potato:🪴:potato:

:joy:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Thanks for this @Oldtimerunderground!
Always great to see new ways to send them beans through the mail…
Will be visiting the dollar store soon…

A true OG’er sharing new ways to send beans and a large stack of beans ready to go out :call_me_hand: :raised_hands:

8 Likes

Awesome technique! Thanks for sharing🙏🏽
And looks like you have been making a bunch of intriguing crosses. Good on you sir😎

3 Likes

Being a poker player I appreciate this ingenuity. Very cool

4 Likes