Should trust level requirements be enhanced?

Users concerns regarding their demotion to TL2 were addressed seven times in this thread alone:

• Trust levels have zero value except for coop signups.
  • Once someone has become a TL3 “Regular” user, they are also simultaneously awarded the Regular Emeritus badge and can sign up for any co-op run within the TL3 group
7 Likes

7wjq2j

4 Likes

As in politics, nothing is accomplished if the politician doesn’t do what the people want or ask
I have yet to hear one dissenting voice In regards to new pathways to tl3 status. Not one. This is called consensus. There is a Consensus that Long time members should not need to feel slighted if they don’t read a hundred different topics in a certain amount of time…or jump thru other hoops.
I have spent about twelve hours over the last couple days packing up seeds. What could I have done with those twelve hours if I had surfed topics I don’t really have interest in? I could have gotten tl3 status. Instead, I chose to use my Limited extra time to pack up seeds that will get mailed to people I have never met, and I’ll remain at tl2 if nothing changes.
Before I even harvested the seeds, I spent a good deal of time since April of 2022 growing the plants that provided the seeds. Probably about 30 minutes a day. 90 hours for Lambsbread and 60 hours for Peshawar(×2)over a month of work weeks.

Sounds like tweaks can be done without too much difficulty.
Since talking only goes so far, here are some actual suggestions as to what can be tweaked.

1. doing a coop seedrun qualifies you for tl3 status for future coop runs for 3 years or whatever everyone feels is appropriate, so long as you remain active on OG.
  2. Passing out an equivalent amount of seeds through your own giveaway is equivalent to a seedrun. 100 packs minimum. Several small giveaways can equal a big one.
    3)100 replies in 30 days for 3 consecutive months gives you tl3 status. Replies make for conversations…the core of OG.
  3. once tl3 is reached, you are awarded the Regular Emeritus badge and can sign up as tl3 for seedruns.

These are my suggestions, open to discussion.
Let’s keep the discussion about the topic please. Online personal battles are not productive. Keep those to PM.
@Foreigner and @shag…I like both of you. In life we are bound to butt heads with someone at some point. Sometimes it all starts from something very innocent that happens to rub us the wrong way during a very difficult time and it snowballs from there. Here’s my excellent(:grin:) suggestion. Each of you take five seeds from your favorite strain and give them to the other to grow. Start a thread where both of you Grow those five seeds, share your experiences and form some sort of common ground between the two of you watching the other one grow your favorite strain and discussing the merits of said strain​:grin:. Any other battling duos could join in this same thread. Perhaps we can form some bonds rather than enemies…
Frenemies at the least…

15 Likes

I will happily send seeds but my footprint is spoken for. If he wants them they are his.

You don’t have to like him To try the idea. Weed has a way of bringing people together…@foreigner…perhaps the 2 of you just started off on the wrong foot.

2 Likes

I think we have radical disagreement but I’m still happy to send seeds.

2 Likes

Yes, but even if they add someone to TL3, they will still drop out if they don’t maintain the stats to keep it. It’s just adding more work to unpaid workers.

I think the more appropriate way to do this would be to put it to the Co-op action group. This would be as simple as the co-op stating that the Overgrower badge is equivalent to Regular Emeritus. Another way to do this would be to open a special 10 slot signup for people with the Overgrower badge only, but again that would be up to the co-op action group.

4 Likes

That’s OK. The regular Emeritus badge covers that.

That’s a good idea, but there are many people that don’t do seedruns that would qualify them for tl3. I’d like to open up a couple additional tl3 pathways for these folks that contribute in other ways to make the trust level system more inclusive.

3 Likes

@Foreigner it takes a big man to do this. Thankyou. I’d much rather the 2 of you find a way to get along.
@shag…Foreigner is what is called a smart ass. ( love you foreigner😁)He doesn’t say things to intentionally hurt anybody. He’s just one of those people that finds humor in all sorts of different things some others can’t find funny. It’s all done in jest, not to harm. Maybe you could Let it go and try to make nice…
The two of you have a chance to show OG how it’s done…
Make weed, not enemies.

10 Likes

It may be too late. I’m unlikely to unmute. But if you want to be an intermediary I’m not opposed to that.

3 Likes

@Foreigner I appreciate smart ass humor myself. I’m happy to be an intermediary.

4 Likes

You are quite a diplomat @Upstate , I second this suggestion.

4 Likes

I don’t believe the Co-op action group has that power.

2 Likes

Lol. I can’t imagine you muted. I wouldn’t want that.
It’s never to late to make amends. In the military they used to make people box if they butt heads too much. Often the mutual respect they had for eachother after the match resulted in a friendship. I like my growing good weed idea even better…whatcha think @shag? @Foreigner?
Battle of the Buds, 2023…

3 Likes

This has been repeated several times, but once you make TL3 you’re granted both the Regular badge and the Regular Emeritus badge. Even if you lose TL3 status you keep the Regular Emeritus badge and qualify for TL3 status for the purposes of Co-Op seed runs.

3 Likes

Nope. It’s done. But as a gesture of goodwill, we can make that happen.

2 Likes

I think another issue here is that it can be ver difficult to understand the tone or context via text. Not to mention sarcasm. :wink:
Sorry, I’m off-topic. :grimacing:

5 Likes

Offer for goodwill rescinded. Carry on.

2 Likes

This thread will be closing this time tomorrow. Please finish up with any final comments.

13 Likes

I love that, nicely said!

2 Likes