Should we worry about sharing seed bank info?

Yeah just picked up a chocolate coco puffs , chocolate thainapple , and face off og hooded sweat shirt today, got some super random stuff over the years, even a bikini clad rubber chicken once

If you can find a seed bank with a google search i donā€™t see the difference.

1 Like

When iā€™m being super stealthy i take baseball cards cut out the middle. Putting a full card at the ends and place them in a plastic card protector. Even if itā€™s opened they wouldnā€™t take the cards out of the protector bc what if there worth real $ and a bent tip kills the worth. Theyā€™d be liable for damages and who wants that?

2 Likes

the seed bank in question I assume does not have an online presence so I wouldnā€™t know about it so I will not be telling the name or location of it.

@whadop if you read back in this thread you would see that just because they have an online presence does not mean you should document getting seeds from a specific site, sure share the site give reviews on breeders as my above comment explains documenting delivery is a different story. This realy isent that complicated to understand Iā€™m surprised at how many people on here argue for why its ok to put other people at risk, documenting delivery spreading real names of breeders etc. The sponsor page here has very few listed and non of the big ones or the one Iā€™m concerned with. This would be like me owning a gun store and I sell machine guns in a state where it is legal, you then order one from a state itā€™s not legal and advertise getting it, and then claim your not putting me on blast because I advertise that I have a shop and sell machine guns- if you can not understand this it makes me start to question if there are other motives as this is pretty black and white logic and common sense

2 Likes

but what you are suggesting is to shut everything down which is fine but seems backwards. I wish more people did use there name most people do not. Its really a lot about the level of change you want. So, back in the day it was ā€œsafeā€ to do X but if you did Y you would run to much risk. With changing times if Y is still to much risk then nothing has changed, but how did X become ā€œsafeā€ from more and more people doing it. So, only way to make Y ā€œsafeā€ is to have more and more people do it, which means you have to influence enough people to feel false security to flip the state of mind.

You appear to have identified this as happening, which is good since you are worried. Being aware is most of the battle though, so it is up to you how you will use your awareness. Is sending the whole state of mind backwards, the right thing to do? I donā€™t know. How happy were you in the good old days?

If a seed bank has an online presence then I donā€™t get what they problem is. I understand your initial concern of not being able to get more seeds from them, but to me that is more greed then of real concern. How these companies ship seeds is known to those who look for them. Main thing I would suggest is to not order 1000ā€™s of seeds in one shipment.

1 Like

You are taking things way out of context I never said to shut everything down , and have already explained where my concern lies , you are entitled to your own opinion but accusing my thoughts of being motivated by greed is insulting and unecesary in a healthy discussion, if you can not converse with me with out making accusations of me saying things I have not or being passively insulting in your statements I will have to assume I am speaking to somebody who is not worth my time and discontinue wasting my energy on what is at best an ignorant mind set or at worst a troll with negative motives

ya sounds good either way.

And again you are making things seem much more black and white then they are which any educated person can see is not the case just from the level of disagreement within our community. Accusing me of trying to back peddle the movement when i have been a part of it for a long time and never said such a thing, if your truly interpret my advice to not document delivery as negative towards the movement Iā€™m Gona just have to laugh, be safe, horrible advice how dare you , seems odd, to each there own

I have personally met people with more common sense in a farm than in a collegeā€¦ LOL

Just saying.

Not saying people at farms donƧt study, just following along the stereotype.

I would agree, when I said educated I ment grade school level lol

I am going to go with this one for sure.

I have no idea what this proves but there it is in one post. The context of both quotes are about the same idea being talked about just few hours apart made by the same person.

You are comparing me saying the logic behind a difference in saying somebody exists and that somebody sent you something to me saying the issue of the legalities in shipping seeds is not black and white. I was talking about two different things in the context of a larger discussion, you are obviously trying to make me look bad at this point and again that speaks all about your motives , why are you so botherd that I asked people to be safe does this really upset you that much , you seem almost like a alphabet dude trying to spin propaganda like a fuckin retarded 3rd grader spreading rumors, Iā€™d appreciate if you take you non sense shit starting arguing ass to a diff subject you have had zero valuable input this whole time and have done nothing but mis constrew things I have said when it is very easy to read back and see how bad you are distorting the matter at hand

I guess it realy is the old site back up with all the propaganda , lies and shit talking that ruined the industry for so many the first time around, people canā€™t have a place to peacefully compare thoughts and different ideas with out somebody or many using it to spread lies , distort the truth and steer people towards some ego and or greed driven agenda, the trolls are even more transparent then before

Donā€™t take this the wrong way, butā€¦

Do you honestly think the feds sit around waiting for us to buy seeds and post reports in order to learn how seedbanks operate? Iā€™ll give you a hintā€¦they just order the seeds themselves and learn all about stealth packaging and shipping methods. Do you think the modern DEA is going to waste 100ā€™s of thousands of dollars getting some guy who ordered 40 seeds?

Isnā€™t it totally legal to sell cannabis seeds in the UK and few other countries where seedbanks are located?

Going back to the old Overgrow and cannabisworld any undercover fed could easily created a handle and become a ā€œrespectedā€ grower in the eyes of others. That would allow them to start harvesting all kind of valuable information. But it Never happened, rumors of busts based on RCā€™s customer shipping info, never happened. Same with Mark Emeryā€™s customersā€¦never happened.

And my original concern was for the seed banks not the consumer placing small orders, emery got busted along with rc as we all know and the aftermath and Drama that came from it still continues, agin everybody is entitled to there own opionion

majority of seedbanks are located in countries where it is legal. i dont think there are many countries where cannabis seeds are illegal, usa and maybe some others like middle east or something. sharing experiences, whether positive or negative, is good for the community and good for the business, unless they consistently get bad reviews and provide poor service.

if someones operating a business where itā€™s illegal to do so and is that worried about any publicity iā€™m sure theyā€™d make it known to their customers. we have several seed vendors from USA on here and none of them have asked people not to share their experiences (that iā€™m aware of)

2 Likes

This whole conversation is becoming rather circular and un productive, people arguing why there opinion is correct and trying to invalidate others points instead of collectively sharing thoughts and respecting others. People twisting words and throwing insults trying to De value the thoughts of others while demanding people hear there version as correct. This is alot like politics just a bunch of people un able to have a mature productive exchange of thoughts and ideas with out Getting upset. I honestly can not beleive how much energy some of you have put into arguing with me, my opinion is mine yours is yours leave it at that , Iā€™m not going to all of a sudden form a different point of view and neither are you , Iā€™ve considerd your points and have moved on , this is supposed to be a source of comparison on thoughts and methods related to the cannabis community but like every other forum and topic it turns into pages of people arguing and examining each otherā€™s comments looking for ways to discredit there state ment in order to validate there own. If you go threw life believing you are always right you will learn nothing and are doomed to repeat the errors from the past

you can only control your own behavior, not other peoples. if you dont want to post your experiences shopping for seeds you donā€™t have to. i appreciate hearing feedback from others as a customer and as a vendor.

2 Likes

The drama will always be around as long as new growers are sucked in to the hype of ā€œsupersonic bullshit X hyperbole fruit loopsā€ seeds. The hype and BS that allowed people like Rezfraud to skyrocket to the top.

Throw in the hard core druggies, con men and other assorted wackos and flakes who seems to be floating around the community , stir in a little paranoia and itā€™s a recipe for drama. Always will be.

I havenā€™t seen a good drama since Plural of Mongoose. They can make for entertaining reading while your vegging.

6 Likes