Slow growth and yellowing leaves on seedling

I am on day 21 of 12/12 and I’m still not seeing any signs of sex. I really don’t understand what is going on. Plant looks healthy and everything. Temps range from 63-79. Ph is adjusted to 5.5 whenever I add nutes and it will slowly rise to 6.0 over a few days. I am stumped. I’ve only ever checked a couple times but when I have the light has been off when it should be.

1 Like

Are there alternating nodes now?

Still no alternating nodes.

I broke my ankle and can’t go downstairs to check any of this myself so my wife is doing it for me just following my instructions.

Hmmm. Maybe delaying plant due to high nitrogen? Quite dark leaves. Some shininess. No burn, though.

1 Like

just a thought… maybe force her/him with some 24+ hours dark & then back to 12/12? there’ll still be a delay to express m/f/boy-george but you’ll really smack her. :sleeping:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I never heard of that before and never realized that was an option. I’ll try that. Thanks.

It’s definitely a dark green and some of the leaves are shiny (mostly lower ones). Does excess nitrogen specifically slow sexing or are you theorizing that any nutrient issue could be a cause?

1 Like

Oh, just theorizing. My two cents, as they say. It looks to me that some leaves maybe starting to claw a bit, also. Not severe. Possibly slows overall growth. A bit more time might do it but perhaps keep an eye on the leaf tips or consider backing off a little bit on the nitrogen in flower (if you’re running it hard).

1 Like

can take up to 5 weeks to show sex on an immature plant in my experience
I always liked to do this when I was poor as it saves 6 hours of light a day. massive reduction on input costs. around 25% lower cost. probably 25% production too.
Excess N will slow flower as I have discovered with my tomatoes. They are very dark.

3 Likes

It’s finally showing and it’s a female! I’m going to flush with straight water for a few days in case I do have too much N.

She sure is one bushy lady.

6 Likes

Overall she’s coming along pretty good, but the top leaves on the main cola are cupping and some tips are curling down, All the leaves below the top cola look fine. No yellowing that I can see. Was this maybe from the light getting too close. Like I said, due to injury my wife has been tending to them and she doesn’t know anything about it. What do you guys think the issue is.

1 Like

Does look like heat stress
My toms on the greenhouse are doing this
because they breathe through the bottoms of leaves (stomata) they curl them up to expose more area to any winds, or so ive read

some of the leaves look glossy are they overfed? cant tell with the lighting

2 Likes

She’s looking real good now. Frostiest girl I’ve ever grown. Getting real excited!

5 Likes

Are we ready to harvest yet ?

1 Like

Nice @bozrdang! Absolutely gorgeous my friend. What strain? :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

@shroomgod - don’t think so. The main cola still looks a little light on the darkened hairs to me. The problem is that I shattered my ankle and I can’t go down stairs to personally look at and tend to her. So my wife, who knows next to nothing about growing, is doing everything for me. I bought a 30x loupe the day before I broke my ankle broke and we can’t find it anywhere. I will err on the side of being early as I’d rather an up buzz but I don’t want to be too early either.

Any opinions on timing are certainly welcome.

1 Like

Awesome let them flower out longer.

1 Like

It is LED Seedz Strawberry Cream. No strawberry smell but the bitch smells strong as hell. Carbon filter is keeping her in check but if the wife has the tent open for more than a few minutes, I can smell her upstairs easily.

Thanks so much!

It’s just a single plant that I grew. I’m a personal grower and it’s probably more than I’ll smoke in 6 months.It’s great to be back in the game though.

Thanks to LED Seedz for the great genetics!!

5 Likes

I’m sure with that pretty girl your ankle with feel better way fast :grin::wink: heal up soon buddy

1 Like