Smoking vs Vaping

Read a great article recently about how vaping—what I like to call aromatherapy haha—and smoking cannabis significantly differ. Can’t find the article, but wanted to follow up investigate.

The thrust of that article was that idea that vaping does not involve combustion, but maintains the natural chemical profile as opposed to smoking which produces a different suite of chemicals.

Anyway, I wanted to contribute some findings related to this rabbit hole of investigation. I sought these articles out of sheer curiosity, so don’t be mad :smile: A lot of positive upshots, in my view:

‎ ‎
Toxicant Formation in Dabbing: The Terpene Story
Takeaway: Temperature control is vital to reduce chemical byproducts
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsomega.7b01130

A comparison of mainstream and sidestream marijuana and tobacco cigarette smoke
Takeaway: Cannabis smoke is dense, contains higher quantity of chemicals

Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic
Takeaway: Cannabis fights cancer and doesn’t cause it, despite cellular damage

Chemical and physical variations of cannabis smoke
Takeaway: Higher THC cannabis samples effectively produce less smoke per dose.

Chemicals in marijuana and tobacco smoke
Takeaway: Tobacco smoke contains acrolein, which contributes to cardiovascular disease
https://www.dana-farber.org/newsroom/news-releases/2021/study-finds-new-evidence-of-health-threat-from-chemicals-in-marijuana-and-tobacco-smoke/

12 Likes

I dunno if it’s been said. But vaping the lipids in extracts that aren’t extracted right or winterized after (no one does this anymore) or whatever is def something that makes the vapers cough stuff up and be raspy.

4 Likes

I don’t have to wait a half hour for my joint battery to charge.

Seriously though I prefer vaping but many carts give me a wicked allergic reaction.

Smoking green matter has gotten less attractive the older I’ve gotten.

8 Likes

I bought a vape, but I prefer smoking joints. I just didn’t like how the vape tasted. (I’m talking my own flower, not buying candy floss tapioca daquiri menthol Road Kill Skunk cartridges).

18 Likes

Yeah this one I have now is some honey apple bullshit and it doesn’t agree with me.

2 Likes

The smoke is good…

But I also use one of these

I don’t always smoke cannabis…but when I do…I use a vaporizer:)

5 Likes

I got a Space Club Kushmints that tasted like I was smoking a Candy cane and I have concluded that Mint weed is disgusting it’s like smoking Marlboro Reds for years and someone slips you a Newport.Anything mint in those carts hurts my lungs.They want to put terps from things no one was ever meant to smoke in those carts.Like some are using extracted terps from orange peel Rinds.Who ever wanted to smoke a orange peel?The best carts have this almost skunk cabbage taste to them no other terp crap those ones don’t hurt to smoke Don’t taste like your eating fruit stripes gum but No lungs shit and you get what you pay for and not a half a gram of whatever terp bullshit they want to rip off the weight of the cart with.

3 Likes

I’ve never used a liquid weed vape. But I have a couple Dyna vapes, and have used a Vapor Genie. Both are nice, neither needs batteries, and they only use herb, not various goos.

6 Likes

I’m an old fart who grew up taking bong hits and smoking doobies. Simply put, I’m still smoking, but the bong hits are much smaller nowadays.

Vaping has its advantages, particularly in the space of stealth or quick utility. -easy to pull out the vape and take a quick hit. Ms. Longtooth really prefers vaping, so we do keep a stash primarily for her.

Someone here recommended this brand (@CanuckistanPete ? Or maybe @ColeLennon ?) and it’s been excellent.

8 Likes

Love my Volcano

11 Likes

i think most of it comes from hype. like what the hell are terpines anyway? sounds like marketing fodder to me. vapes just don’t get me high at all. hell i got a better, longer lasting buzz from straight cbd smoke with no thc in it at all than i do from a vape cart. also, vapes tear up my lungs and throat for hours afterwards whereas from bong hits the scratchy is gone about five minutes after we stop smoking.

1 Like

Just use a glass carbon adaptor between the bowl and can
No more dirty yellow smoke , nice and white
Clean bong and clean lungs
Smoothness of vape but hit of combustion
: )

3 Likes

I bought an Arizer Air II after reading a bunch of reviews. I think I may have used it twice…just not for me.

4 Likes

Glad you said that, I was actually contemplating buying one, everyone says you gotta try it! I really like the dyna vape idea tbh, but the mighty and Arizer are the two everyone raves about. I want a studenglass (can be used as vape too) but damn those things are pricy!

Hmmm, didn’t even know this was a thing! :thinking:

2 Likes

Put in roor carbon into overgrow search bar

It’s deffo a thing : )

@TopShelfTrees1

No more coughing / fighting to get into lungs , like your 18 again

Very European : )

4 Likes

That’s awesome! Now I need one!

2 Likes

Go for it , it’s not a gimmick , works extremely well

@mota is trying another brand after playing football with his roor one

Maybe he can compare the two

1 Like

I’m stuck on my volcano. It’s my 2nd one. And I wouldn’t have any other vape. Beats coughing and hacking from smoking a bong. I still like my joints, getting some cones as we speak. :crazy_face:. Also I like to dab with my e nail setup. Nice twerpy dabs. :rofl:

3 Likes

Try the carbon adaptor @Pawsfodocaws , transforms the bong

2 Likes