Snowhigh Reproductions

Beautiful work man! Those El Primo are on my list for sure, and I got all of the Michoacan crosses except for the Suroeste, so I’m stoked to see how yours come out. Are you making f2s from them or did you make seeds of the El Primo?

6 Likes

Not sure if I qualify but id love to grow some Snowhigh, running a few long flowering strains for the first time this year and am absolutely in love, haven’t even smoked any yet :joy:

16 Likes

I hope this is the case this time but over the last many years when Snow’s heath gets bad he drops off the grid for a while but always returns when his health improves.

5 Likes

I have a few left from John, and a few from my El Primo grow.
Will make more seeds…

my pic

Snowhigh’s pics

18 Likes

I also have Chocolate Thai x Senegal - perhaps this fall…

4 Likes

Devil’s Malawi F1

4 males and 8 females. 100% germination; some of my favorite plants I’ve grown. (30+ strains now)

I can’t decide between my favorite male sultan breeding all the females, or an open pollination. Either way I will be making F2s of this strain. The tallest one is female, the bottom left (in the front) is the latest showing male… he’s really got my attention.

I like the idea of trading.

28 Likes

Oh wow, I was really interested in that one because a grower that’s not on here gave me his last 4 Afropips Senegal Haze seeds, so I’m going to repro them at some point but I’m always on the lookout for Senegalese in case I don’t get a male and want to try hitting something similar. Along with the Chocolate Thai, that should be killer smoke man.

4 Likes

Amazing work man, that was a hybrid that seems too perfect on paper as both of those are intense in their effects. Glad you’re preserving it, and stoked to see how they turn out for you.

2 Likes

Did you have decent germination on these? I have some too and excited for them now, thanks.

2 Likes

I have some Pablo’s Gold (purple phenotype)x Vietnamese Purple. Received them directly from Snowhigh. Wish me luck.

7 Likes

Yeah - no problems germinating el primo !

3 Likes

That is awesome to hear! I know he hooked me up with a bunch of low germ freebies, but I paid a fair bit for the El Primo.

4 Likes

I also hold a lot of snow high gear and will be making some reproductions this year. There is some speculation about John’s health being the reason for his absence. Of course he’s been having those problems for years now and it’s definitely part of the issue. But from what I’ve been hearing he’s saying the delays are from extreme environmental conditions and slow growing genetics that take almost a year to flower. He’s been saying be patient and eventually the orders will be filled. It’s a little uncomfortable to be waiting for a year on a big order with no communication but I’m going to trust John that we just need to be patient and hope everything works out.

15 Likes

This info (somewhere on OG) might help focus on which strains first :

Snowhigh seeds by year

Mexican Standoff - ultimate Chem x (acapulco gold X c99) 2009-2012?

Congolese Red 2015-2016

Durban poison x eastern cape bush sativa x panama red 2016-2017

Acapulco gold purple stem bx 2016-2017

Panama red - the pure line that just says “panama red” not the double panama red / peace corp version labeled 2016-2017

Jamaican blood clot 2015-2016

12 Likes

Absolutely love this thread idea and anything Snowhigh has made. The one I’m bummed about is snow cap. I searched for a pack for years and years, finally acquired one and planned on preservation. Could not get a single bean to pop, and I gave the guy 120$ for it, ugh! I wish I could afford the gear when available, devils skunk I’d love to rerun but unfortunately killed my cuts, devils Tit is one I’ve dreamed of growing for many years, would kill to grow that one out too. So much epic stuff! I hate hearing John is not doing well, definitely in my thoughts and prayers. @ClassicGenetix much respect for making this. I’m going to put my head down and go hard trying to obtain what I can of the cultivars I really wanted and missed (this may be HUGE) and add them to the repro machine I plan on running non stop for the next few years :facepunch:t2:

14 Likes

That Mexican Standoff sounds great. I’ve got one pack of Jamaican Bloodklot left, I sent one to I think it was OleReynard on here and he couldn’t get any of them to pop, so I’m just sitting on these for now. I’ve also got all of his Acapulco Golds as well as some f2s from Colorado Sativas, and those are high on the preservation list. If anyone trustworthy wants to take that on, send me a dm.

8 Likes

You’d make a good salesbud for snowhigh. Your strains sound great but I have a lot lined up on my plate for the next few grows as I’ve been getting plenty of beans here. It’s like the heavens have opened up. Your repros sound great though!

2 Likes

If you’re assembling a fellowship that includes relative newbies to the forum, I’d be honored to participate in any capacity.

4 Likes

Ha ha ha, yeah I would! I can geek out about his stuff forever because he’s made such rare genetics available in relatively or pure form, as well as some of the most potent and unique effects from his hybrids that I’ve found in almost 40 years of smoking and growing. See, I’m doing it again lol.

7 Likes

I’ve been collecting Snowhigh gear for 15-20 years! I have over 50 strains in the collection. Could grow those only for the rest of my life and never get through them all.

At some point will need to recruit some other preservationists!

25 Likes