Solar Powered Grow Room

Well, they do call me “low-ball”…:joy::rofl:
But seriously, there is nothing wrong with good, solid, tried and true old tech. Just because there is a new fancy widget, doesn’t mean the old widget doesn’t work, or work well :+1:
HPS and MH still does a great job at growing, even the old magnetic ballast ones :+1:

5 Likes

And just remember, it is NEVER the cost that stops people, it’s their lack of skills, and desire to learn them. If you have the desire, you can do it brother👍

8 Likes

Newer isn’t always better, that’s for damn sure.
I envy your ingenuity and electrical skills. Its something that I am learning. This project should help that process haha

And to go back to you getting 300amps on a cloudy winter day, that’s a Tim Taylor special and I love it.

Ain’t that the truth!

2 Likes

Errrr…more power :rofl::joy:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words. I have screwed allot of shit up over the years just diving in and doing, but the pay off has been HUGE👍

4 Likes

That’s essentially my mission statement… Mess up a ton of shit and learn something along the way.

4 Likes

I’ve lived my life like that :rofl::joy:

3 Likes

He is getting crazy good pricing on his inverters…
Mind you one was damaged and it did look like it fell off the back of a truck
:laughing: :vulcan_salute:

MysteryMoog has an amazing setup… I’m quite envious… :+1:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Wow @Gpaw , I don’t know what to say. That’s just, wow…thank you sincerely for those kind words. And yes, one I think fell off the truck, more than twice :joy::rofl: I just picked up a couple 12v 3,000w RMS, for 49 bucks a piece including delivery :flushed: They are just getting horse swapped for more panels :+1:

3 Likes

I run 4 200w LEDs (actually pull 223w), two exhaust fans, a couple circulating fans, and a water pump divided by two rooms.
I just jumped into solar after a 800 dollar bill., But I knew damn well I would need something bigger, and more powerful than most off grid places, and the only way for us to do it was with IFLA batteries. And brother, that honestly is the key to it all. You need storage capacity, and allot of it. I would have had 40-60 grand! tied up into batteries alone, had I went down the “everybody else’s way” road. I simply looked at what they used back in the 70s and 80s, and figured if it worked that good back then, it should now also…hahahahah
And to be honest, it works far better than I could have ever dreamed of. And when I see these people who have 100 thousand dollars tied up in 10 panels, and net metering to save 30 bucks a month…I just do not understand it :thinking:
And it’s tough to go against what everyone else says, and know deep down they are all wrong, and drive forward with your own vision and way. But boy, am I ever glad we did!!

9 Likes

Inspirational to say the least, you are showing people what we can do. Especially us growers that are trying to harness solar power properly and effeciently.

I am really starting to see the true potential thats to some of your enlightenment on the subject. Thank you Sir.

2 Likes

CURIOSITY POST:

Does anyone have any recommendations for efficient lights and fans?
I think a few companies may be on OG, so tag them if you dont mind :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

The most efficient inline and oscillating fans I’ve seen are ac infinity. Lights would be any led with Samsung lm301 diodes and a good driver.
Ac infinity t6 inline fan is about 40w and the 6" oscillating fan is 8w, non osc is like 6 or 7w.

6 Likes

Most efficient big light Is gavita pro 1700e for leds I think unless something more efficient came out?

3 Likes

Full System Efficacy: 3.19 μmole/J – See Lab Test Report
vs

High efficacy (2.6 μmol s-1 per watt)
at least not what the specs show.

even chilled x6 not the ultra series is 3.13(thats the led i run)

4 Likes

For that much I’d want more than a 3 year warrantee

3 Likes

i wouldnt give monsanto(gavita) a dime of my money… just my humble opinion.
the chilled x6 600w is much less money same as the gavita but made in the USA

5 Likes

That’s true :+1: lol… I agree… but the light itself is nice…
I doubt I’ll go with gavita again… as there are better full spec options like the leds with uv and far red etc

2 Likes

I plan on adding ir maybe… not sure… I do have 2 solacure 4 ft uvb… so already halfway there anyway… I love the idea of solar power!!! Man screw the electric companies monopolies

2 Likes

Our choice in electric companies are like our choice in presidents lol… not our choice!!

2 Likes