Solar Powered Grow Room

The dream, an expensive dream thoughšŸ˜¢ if I ever own a home Iā€™ll make it happen.

5 Likes

ive had a solarsystem uvb laying around that want to try, but dont want to hurt anything! let me know how it goes if you do try the UVB.

2 Likes

Meantime Iā€™ll continue to pretend my landlord doesnā€™t exist :joy:

5 Likes

I plan on doing the 15 mins on and 45 mins offā€¦ like solacure suggestedā€¦ it makes sense if you think about itā€¦ just want to trigger the defense action and no moreā€¦ 15 mins triggers itā€¦ and 45 grows the trichs in ā€œrecoveryā€ I feel like doing it like that is best otherwise itā€™s 2 steps forward 1 step backā€¦ you donā€™t want to hurt the trichs muchā€¦ just want the plant to think so

2 Likes

make sure to put it on a switch( maybe lighted, right by the tent entrance) or something, so you can make sure to switch it off before you go into the tent! they say its really bad for the skin and eyes.

1 Like

My fans draw so little I barely figure them into my calculations.

3 Likes

power meter shows about 150w, 4-ac infinity t6(speeds 9,8,6&6), and 4-ac infinity 6" clip fans(speeds 7,7,6&5). got to keep that air moving, damn humidity!

4 Likes

Mars and spider farmer are about as good as any higher end lights (I put them together because they come out the same factory) good warranty, and they have add on uva bars now!(wish I wouldā€™ve saw them before buying the fgi uva bars) same 100-277volt line too.

1 Like

Oh I knowā€¦ if going in Iā€™ll have to choose when itā€™s the 45 mins off lol

2 Likes

This is what I am using, and I run 4 of them in my solar system.

2 Likes

I agree, damn you can get your whole house done solar for free in Oregon right now if your roof qualifies for it and has the right-facing direction, open for Sun. Hook it up man :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :fire: :100: :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Now you just have to figure out how to run your lights directly on DC instead of converting it to AC, then back to DC again. :wink:

5 Likes

Trying to find a 48v lithium battery locally seems impossible :thinking: but faaaak amzon has thousands of no name brandsā€¦ reminds me of PCs back in the day.

The diy solar forum seems like this siteā€¦. Tons of threads & beginners like me are overwhelmed :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Will is the man when it comes to lithium batteries. Learned almost everything I know from his channel. Build your own itā€™s so much fun. If you get good cells.

3 Likes

Can you put a link up please.

2 Likes

Forum

Videos
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCoj6RxIAQq8kmJme-5dnN0Q&ved=2ahUKEwi41J7A_Mf7AhUbQzABHXqfCCwQjjh6BAgLEAE&usg=AOvVaw2Vgq3WPJSLOhSfG3NzyO5j
You looking for cells?

4 Likes

Brother, not sure the solar crowd would agree I am doing it ā€œrightā€. I am like a black sheep, using IFLA batteries. Itā€™s actually pretty funny sometimes. But, cold hard facts, are, less than a grand in 57kwh, and I have pulled 37 of that with more to give. Itā€™s simply, absolutely the utmost bang for the buck I look for, and IFLAs provided that to me :+1: I honestly donā€™t know why more people donā€™t use them.

6 Likes

Cheers man, I do have him I my subs list, just didnā€™t recognize his name lol. I am amember of his site as well.

4 Likes

the only thing bad about using something besides lithium is the dont last long

2 Likes

Thatā€™s where I point out, an IFLA goes for 8-10 years in a brutal factory environment. And many have gone 20+ in solar set ups. I think thatā€™s right on par with about anything. Plus, poke around, there is a decent failure rate on the lifepo4. So I am not convinced they will make 10 years, let alone 20. Time will tell though.
But, my strongest argument is simple economics. :joy:
I have been using lipos since the early 00s, I am pretty well versed in them, and they are great, donā€™t get me wrong. They are my go-to choice for most of my toys, including our electric go kart I built my wife. Just not for this application, I needed way too much power storage.

4 Likes