Solar powered grow rooms

my normal way of life is modifying things so i am used to it. i helped my daughter install her solar system on the bus they converted to a house. using the dc system, they used modified sine and saved a bunch. i had forgot what it was called, thanx. yeah, it may not make sense for converting a house but it is well worth it for campers, and it may be worth it for new construction if you don’t plan on moving. i would think it would not be a good selling point to be mainly wired for dc. the bus was easy to make dc alongside a few ac spots since everything was stripped out at the time.

1 Like

Campers and stuff like that I could see doing 12v without a doubt. I was speaking strictly on a real electric home.:+1:

1 Like

@ShitSeeds I believe is running a solar powered growroom.

1 Like

I believe he has been trying to get something together. Mayb he has already?
@ShitSeeds

2 Likes

There’s also another thread that I’m watching where the grower is running everything solar. I can’t get the name of his thread…:pensive:
Hope he gives an update so I can share it with you…:blush:

It’s probably mine…lol I do believe I am thw only one actually doing at the moment.

1 Like

My bad brother!
I’m stoked to the core…it’s actually you! :crazy_face:

1 Like

LMAO that’s great brother :joy:

1 Like

@MysteryMoog throw up a link please? I’d love to see your setup .

1 Like

https://overgrow.com/t/hm-this-is-pretty-cool/89686

2 Likes

Hey @iceman @MysteryMoog
I have my veg tent running off a mix of solar and supplemented grid power at off peak times, until I add more panels. It was far too cold to do it through the winter lol

2048Wh Bluetti battery and 2x 3’x3’ panels, if I remember correctly.

Today is a great solar day before 4 days of clouds and rain (Ontario)

3 Likes