SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements

This may have been asked already,.but I need to know how many Strips to I need for a 5x5 area for flowering only,…also what kelvin is most used.

2 Likes

2700 - 3500k for bloom. I run 11 in my 4x4 at 500w. You’d likely be better with 2 sets of 6 running at 600w :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you. Also which driver do I need to purchase

2 Likes

Depends on how you want to run them. Mines on a Chinese 24v driver. You could run 2 rows of 6 on there own 300w driver or all 12 on a single 600. It’s when you want dimmable drivers when it becomes expensive. I’ve had no experience with the meanwell drivers so I’ll leave it to someone else to answer. @anon58740919 @Baudelaire please help out

2 Likes

Im trying to keep cost low and not have to buy multiply item… I appreciate your advice

1 Like

30 posts were split to a new topic: LED Drivers: Cheap generic drivers vs Mean Well?

Last one can some give me a link to where to buy Strips…Looking to get the real deal

1 Like

Buy solstrips??? @Baudelaire is who created the strips and runs a USA business selling them. If your UK the go to guy used to be @anon58740919 but I’m sure all his stock may be gone now. Give either one a pm and see what you can work out

1 Like

Thank you…i will do

2 Likes

Your welcome mate. You won’t be disappointed. It’s my single best grow purchase ever :+1:

2 Likes

I used the last 4 of 200 for my own light. All solstrip sales to be directed to @Baudelaire directly whether you’re UK or Uzbekistan. Pm me if you want a custom cob rig though

1 Like

Five SolStrip X2s at full power on an HLG-240, probably about 250 watts, is well within their operating specifications for full lifecycle operation, or about 50,000 hours. Roughly 10 years of continuous grow lighting operation. You should be fine. -b420

2 Likes

Thanks that’s excellent news mate.
Gaz

I think @Esrgood4u has got it right almost right. I’d recommend going with two sets of 7 X2 SolStix, each running on an HLG-320H-24A driver. With the Mean Wells’ top end hitting 350-360 watts, you’d have 700+ watts over, say, 16-20 s.f. of actual canopy, or 40-45 w/sf.

2 Likes

WW from under your build -

the bud on the left is the one that searches for the blue from the cola cube :+1:

3 Likes

Hi Gaz pal hope you are keeping well. I have that same driver running my 9 strip rig just now. At max it draws 300W from the mains but it looses around 20W in heat so you should get close to 280W.which would push 6 strips to their max and they will get pretty hot. If your running less than 6 strips it could damage them if you turn it right up. I aim for a max of around 35W per strip to keep temps down in the tent. Some folk run them flat out which is fine of you can deal with the heat :thumbsup:

3 Likes

You have to take driver loss into account bro so add around another 20W. Four strips at 40W each is 160 + 20 = 180W :thumbsup:

4 Likes

I don’t have the lights ( 5 strip rig) at full but nearly, and I have no heat issues, i have a small clip-on six inch fan aimed at the rig and an extraction fan running nonstop.
I am gonna run them at max ( i need to get me one of those plugs to see what im drawing from the wall)…
The driver i showed is for a six strip rig and was wondering about if it needs adjustments when it’s wired to the six strips or it automatically takes them to wattage/voltage needed for whatever is wired to it .??
Anyway thanks for your advice and any other advice is welcome pal …
Btw im doing ok but not brilliant , hopefully your Mrs and yourself are keeping well.
Gaz

3 Likes

Not that exact one mate but yes I run one :+1:

1 Like

Cheers for correcting me @Albannach. I’m not an electrician so keep me right please mate :wink:

2 Likes