SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements

New SolStrip.com online and open for business

Stop by and check out the new items and offerings.

8 Likes

Guys, use nylon screws or not? Here in my city I didn’t find nylon. I found a common metal one. If i use the metal one, i need to use nylon washers right? Thanks xD

2 Likes

@Vertebrata Do not use that screw. It will most likely ruin your strips. You need a 4mm machine screw (you are showing a wood or sheet metal screw). If metal, you’ll need to add a plastic washer. Alternatively, you can skip screws altogether and use a TIM such as thermal paste or thermal tape. I would recommend the tape if the proper screws cannot be found. Available on Amazon and Ebay.

8 Likes

@Baudelaire Thanks for the tip, i’ll not use them. And, do you think a white thermal paste can make a nice job for the strips x2? 33,6w each one. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Thermal paste will work fine.

5 Likes

Just wondering, is thermal paste is really necessary when running X2 solstixs at around 35W each?

btw i checked out your updated site, nice work on the blog, the picture with a pair of racks looks familiar :grin:

3 Likes

@Baudelaire You ok dude?

1 Like

So its been a while since I posted… here is my latest crop using 12 SolSheet X panels… 40 plants…no trellis ( plan in place involving 3D printer )… my grow area is 14’ x 6’9" … I used 1/2 copper pipe and matching hangers to make a light track , works really well and looks nice and clean.

16 Likes

Plants are 19 days into the 12/12 flower cycle, and get this, I have 23 unique phenotypes ! some from proven clone and some from seed… Including some Guava Hash C99 mix and DocHoliday/C99 Mix … to keep things simple I just use GH 3 part with Cal/Max… if needed I’ll give a shot of Calc/nit in veg … the plant I pulled out in the previous post is a Monster Profit from Heavyweight seeds

13 Likes

Room parameters are heated to 84F cooled after 86F, 900 PPM C02, 55% humidity , food mixed to a EC of 2.0, PH 5.5-5.9 … top feed dripper, open tip controlled by Iponic 624 which allows both cycle timer down to 1 second as well as timed watering independently… so for example I water 15 second every 2 hours while the lights are one, but give the plants a 90 second hit at 8PM when the lights first come come on… I try to time things so the plants go to bed on the dry side as it reduces the chances of molds and mildews, I also try to keep my night temps as close to the day temps as possible, at least for the first 4 weeks of flower to reduce stretch … All in all the Sheets are working good, on my last crop I had a single 3500K sheet powered by a 185 watt driver exclusively over a single Seedsman Bruce banger and it produced 8 ounces of dried premium nugget and another 2 ounces of quality smalls , made wonderful rosin too.

12 Likes

That is a gorgeous setup I’m overwhelmed with jealousy! So what wattage are you running per panel? How high are you running the lights over the canopy?

9 Likes

Hello guys, i just want to ask what size of the power cord would be nice to use with a HLG120HC1400B at 130w? I can purchase online a 1,5mm² power cord or get in my city a 0,75mm². The 0,75mm² is half the price and works well until 10a. Thanksss :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thank you I am running some at 160 watts ( 2 panels powered by a 320 )…some by a single 185 and one by a single 240… I run the panels anywhere from 10-18" from canopy… just have to go by feel and coloring of the plants.

5 Likes

I’d use a minimum 1.0mm wire (18 awg), not longer than 1 meter/ 3.5 ft. We use 16 awg (1.3mm) wire cords on SolStrip drivers above 150w, and 18 awg on 100-150w.

5 Likes

Yes friend it is one of yours. We’ve been selling the racks so fast I’ve not had time to get pictures taken, haha.

5 Likes

All good here, still selling and shipping globally, til they pry my soldering iron from my cold dead hands … :wink:

Hope everyone is keeping close with loved ones as we ride this out. Good time for a little DIY to spiff up the personal grow space:

9 Likes

Hey B,
Might need to take ya up on that and order a few more strips! Got a question in the meantime:

I wired up 2, x2 strips to an 80watt meanwell with the dimmer built in. I have it mounted in a 2x1’ veg cabinet. I had to crank it as low as it could go bc the plants didnt handle the intensity it was putting out.

Questions being, does that seem right for a 2x1x1.5’ cabinet, that 2 strips would be too intense? If I split those 2 strips up and kept 1 in my cabinet and one outside of it in an adjacent cabinet of similar size and cranked the dimmer back up, you think thats adequate lighting using 1 strip per 1x2’ space for veg?

4 Likes

When I replaced my 2’T5 fixture, I had to turn the LED way down to somewhere around 20 watts. My old T5 fixture was 96 watts. Three strips on a 120-watt driver.

4 Likes

Sounds like time for an experiment… 1 x2 solstrip, taking 1/2 of an 80w driver, in a 1x2’ space with an auto for the solo cup challenge?

1 Like

Finally got a new tent and am messing around with heights and what not. Took some measurements at max power at 18 and 12 inches. Is there a way these should go for better coverage or do they go both ways? I notice the power drops off very quick along the edges. A buddy is adding more power to the breaker this weekend so I’ll be able to run 2 4x8 tents now. 1 with sheets the other with racks. Any suggestions are welcome.

8 Likes