Sons Of Avery's Organic Grow Journals

There should be some fire in those “mean gene” packs, that’s freeborn selections, sour dubb x (lime 1 x lime pop #5) is the “v2” of his strain DubbleLimes, the lime 1 jaro has a awesome og/root beer type pheno, the yesca x ogogjaro1 should be another great one, if you like OGs, the bodhi pack Sun Ra looks like people are finding keepers in those too

i’m the man!!! haha

6 Likes

Dickhead… haha! That was pretty generous of you, though. Nice little care package.

5 Likes

If they persist after this onslaught I’ve gave them, I will just do a thorough dry down.

3 Likes

:100: bro! Haha

I’ll see how this current grow goes and what the space is like, it’s smaller than I’m used to,

But I think I might pop a full pack of bodhi next.
Although that root beet pheno is intriguing.

:v:

6 Likes

The thing about letting your soil dry out is, you don’t really wanna do that haha. Not if you’re growing organically, anyway. And I’m not even sure that works. I tried it once, didn’t water for like four days and it didn’t make a difference. The Gnatrol will absolutely kill them, though, no need to worry about it. If it’s as bad as it sounds, you’ll probably have to do two more applications, but they’ll be gone after the third one.

I watered with a combination of OG Biowar Foliar (which is something I do a couple times a grow even if I don’t have any fungus gnats) and Gnatrol a few days ago, haven’t seen a gnat since.

You really should grab some yellow sticky traps, too, though, if for no other reason than to kind of “monitor” the situation. You’ll notice fewer and fewer gnats as you change the traps out weekly.

2 Likes

i agree on that! i use gnatrol with a heavy hand

2 Likes

Well, you don’t wanna do it with a “heavy hand” haha. The recommended dosage and application rates will suffice. Three times over the course of three weeks is enough.

2 Likes

Yeh, I’m not too keen on letting the soil dry out so much. I’m in a fabric pot at the moment, and so the sides do dry out a bit already anyway.

Hopefully they’re taken care of now though. It wasn’t a big infestation, but I when I spotted a few I thought I should take decisive action straight away :laughing:
Sticky traps have been in for a couple days and have 3 or 4 gnats on each trap… so I’ll see how that goes over the next week or so.

3 Likes

This week I finished up production on my first full length comic book.
I’ll share some more details when the whole thing is released and I have the finished product in hand.

I had to include a few references hidden in the
Art work too! Shout outs to Bodhi and some classic strains

Basic idea for the story is, set in apocalyptic future/alternate future humanity have used all of the earth’s resources, endless winter has set in and nothing grows anymore.
Story follows a mother and daughter on different paths. The daughter trying to secure the last source of energy available, and the mother seeking new fertile land to grow crops.

11 Likes

So two in a row now, freebie beans from my attitude order didn’t pop, or popped and then fizzled out :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Both from 710 genetics, nothing against 710, but I have a feeling those freebies have probably been lying around for a while now.

But thanks to @supershitfuck I now have x2 CSI Durban x Zkittles that are above ground and they both cracked and started tap roots after less than 24hrs in water. :seedling: :muscle:

Looking forward to seeing what they do!

Yesterday I went in with the gnatrol again and gave it, what will hopefully be it’s final dose.
There doesn’t seem to be nearly as many gnats in there now, but we’ll see in a few days.
Hopefully I can avoid having to do a dry down.

5 Likes

hellz yeah! and thanks to CSI for giving me those for free

the gnatrol will do the trick, dry downs don’t work on my end

4 Likes

Yea I’ve basically come to the conclusion that Gnatrol or what I use (Microbe-Lift BMC) should be mixed in 1-drop with every single watering. I gave up on all other methods.

Fingus Gnats are incredibly resilient.

2 Likes

There’s been a lot of discussion over the years about the “healthy” aspects of bacillus thuringiensis, which is what Gnatrol is. It’s a bacteria, so I’m not sure you wanna be consistently adding it to your water, especially because (among other reasons) I think adding it all the time might throw the “microbe populations” in your soil outta whack.

Two or three applications oughta be enough to eradicate fungus gnats. It’s definitely not something I would be adding to my water on a regular basis, though.

2 Likes

Yeh, I’d like to keep a healthy balance of diversity in my soil. Not that I can actually test it to find out lol, but I’ll save the gnatroll for any booming populations now. Looks like they’re in check at the moment.

I still have the nematodes waiting to deploy if needed as well. However they sent me a pack that covers 24sqm, and I’m in a 60cmx60cm pot lol.

3 Likes

Well I am a newb so I’ll defer to your suggestions. So only use it when the population gets out of hand? Thanks

1 Like

I know, man, that shit’s so annoying haha. It seems it’s like that with everything these days, where it’s just like,”I so don’t need that much…” haha. “Is there maybe a smaller amount available?” I feel like every company/corporation/whatever is kinda “forcing” these large amounts of things on us, where the smallest available amount is much more than most people need.

Not necessarily. I’d use it as soon as you see a gnat or two or five, that way you’ll only have to use it once or twice.

I’m just saying you shouldn’t be adding it to your water all willy-nilly and all the time and shit. For real, two or three applications will kill the gnats and they’ll stay gone, so there’s really no reason to be adding small amounts to your water all the time. Just use it according to the directions on the bag.

2 Likes

Watered today, about 5% volume with some Quillaja extract and Biosys.
We’re having a bit of a heatwave here in West Yorkshire at the moment, it’s been up around 27-30°c for the last week now. So I’ll have to keep a closer eye on the soil and moisture content.

The Europa Seeds Purple Diesel Daze (PDD).

The 2 Durban x Zkittles are coming on nice. About 3 weeks behind the PDD

10 Likes

Still not much to show this early on.
The PDD has responded well, after a topping to slow it down, while the Durban x Zkittles catch up.

I foliar fed with a little Kelp and aloe spray, just because I was bored really :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:, but they seemed to like it.

Gnats have all but fucked off now, seen 2 or 3 this week, but never more than one at a time, and I swat them when I do see them. So hopefully that’s the gnatrol done with.

Outdoors, we finally had rain here this week!! 3 weeks without rain in UK, absolutely unheard of.
The tomatoes have been loving it!
And I reported the lemon Thyme and Rosemary, with some tricolour Sage and regular sage.

13 Likes

Beautiful!
Thanks for sharing.
I’m so eager to have more space to grow… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Yeh, i feel that! I’ve got everything in pots outside at the moment, I really do appreciate having the space we’ve got, but being rented, I don’t want to plough loads of money into raised beds or a greenhouse, as we might not be here more than a year.

1 Like