(Closed) Sour Diesel Seed Run

That would be awesome!
Maybe we can start something like that on here.

Like find members willing to hold cuts in each country and then always have special cuts available.

I swear if I had a warehouse I would hold a cut from anyone who asked me to and send one back whenever they wanted.

11 Likes

They would have to be braver than me… I strive for very little responsibility… being responsible for my own shit is stressful enough… being responsibility for someone else’s… well, there are better people than me out there :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Also… Spidermites for everyone!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It WOULD be so awesome though

13 Likes

:joy: yeah lots of things to think about, but I figured I could just keep labeled mother’s to the side in a greenhouse or something.
Room is an issue, and bugs too. But it would be amazing to have a clone bank. Just a collection of all the harder to find cuts and clone only strains donated by members here over the years.

I’m telling you thou, if I win the lotto and get my dream warehouse, Im gonna at least attempt this

:100:%

6 Likes

Hahaha, I always finish summer with like 15 cuts… then it gets cold and I lose the greenhouses and everything moves inside and then BOOM. No room left :laughing:

7 Likes

Lmao yeah. I hate that room is always an issue. So many lovely strains out there and not enough space to keep them all haha

I just heard something about Bonsai mother’s I am going to try and educate myself on.
I saw some guy had like 40 different clones for sale and I jokingly asked him how he has the room. He sent me a pic and explained they are all Bonsai mother’s. They all looked to be less then a foot tall.

5 Likes

Shurely have to check out bonsai Mums!!!

8 Likes

That’s how I keep my mother’s. I bonsai them and keep them in no more than a quart size pot. Every so often I’ll pick a extraordinary clone and turn it into the new mom and flower the current one off

The current mom I’m flowering off. The red line is where she was when I put her into flower. Was in a quart container for almost a year and gave many many cuts to friends in that year.

21 Likes

Very nice :blush:

3 Likes

Nice! I did this same thing with my StrawberryTemple mom recently, just finished the stretch.
She easily filled my 2x4 tent all by herself in a EarthBox

8 Likes

On paper it’s a fantastic idea.

In practice, I run a clone marketplace online and you’d be surprised at the amount of drama that goes into shipping clones to people. Supplies, lights, and shipping cost money and sometimes you even have to re-send the clone, so you gotta budget for that. Much less profit margin and so your time and so on.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the idea and it’d be wonderful if we could start a clone trading collective. But it’s very involved and difficult for sure.

11 Likes

What sort of environment do you keep the mom(s) in? Special lights/room or just in front of the window like houseplants?

5 Likes

Speaking of clones and bonsai mothers, has OG’ers tried and documented grafting different strains together?
I recently started studying about it and I would definitely like to give it a shot after I move to a permanent place…

4 Likes

I keep them in my veg area being in a quart pot and fed half strength nutes keeps them small enough to keep out of the way of other vegging plants. Soon as the new area is built out I’ll keep them with the seedlings so I can have more mom’s to work with. I’ve got plenty of grower friends local who love good disease and bug free clones.

4 Likes

I haven’t tried any grafting of cannabis but I’d imagine it would be like grafting grapes or a tree… Would have to make sure you have a thicker branch to work with or I don’t quite see it working… But give it a shot and document it here for all of us to see

5 Likes

Another!!! That’s 33% germ rate for 4.5 week premature seeds! :heart_eyes: I’m loving it!!

I cant wait to test germ cured mature seeds!

41 Likes

All your grows and seed runs are looking great! Making me think I need to pop my pack of SLH x Sour Diesel!

5 Likes

Ohhhh!!! I dusted one of my SLH moms with some of my Sour diesel pollen!

21 Likes

Another seedrun that snuck past me! Added myself to overflow just in case :crossed_fingers:

Got a lot of catching up to do in this thread, I’ve been a fan of JJ for a while now :drooling_face:

7 Likes

damn dude those things just wanna jump out of the soil, even premature like that, thats such a great sign!

5 Likes

And that was no soaking, no paper towel… just unceremoniously pushed preemie seeds into the dirt and dumped water from a drinking glass on em :laughing::laughing:

19 Likes