Star Trek tv series and movies

I think its different when you need huge amounts of prosthetics and makeup. Its gruelling apparently and in cases like data they couldn’t make it look right as he aged.

@zephyr awesome thread and good to know people love quark I just watched all the negus episodes last week haha

@CosmoNut enterprise is great from season 3 with season 4 being the best bit. But yeah what were they thinking for that theme song and length. Oh and Babylon 5 is the shit. Always disappointed they never did the telepath war. So much foreshadowing.

4 Likes

As a Trekkie from the age of 7… Now in my late thirties I would say this is very true.

Some of the new stuff is terrible, I couldn’t even watch some of the stuff on prime I disliked it so much.

As someone else said a quark/frengie spin off would be great… Needs to have jadzia Dax in it though…:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I was just commenting on the fact that “Picard” is only running one more season because Patrick Stewart was planning to stop working on a fast paced tv production schedule. They had announced that season 3 would be the last season.

Although now they are saying that they are leaving the narrative open ended so they could make more, but it hasn’t been renewed for season 4.

3 Likes

Ohhhhh,the LOBES!!!

2 Likes

STARGATE!!! Could re-watch it over and over…I’m old-school Trekker…all the original episodes and ALL the Movies…except Khan…Hated Mantalban in that…and the fake plastic chest!!? :rofl:
C’mon-- you don’t have the bod- ya don’t get the part!

4 Likes

Yup & that Rod Stewart haircut took me out of it :laughing:

Stargate is decent, so is Babylon 5. Both could have been better (graphics/acting wise) but still I watched every single episode 3x :+1: @CosmoNut

2 Likes

I’m a fan of ST from the days of the original series - well, I watched them in syndication after school as a kid in the 1970s. I’ve been through TNG and Voyager and am finally getting into the good stuff on my first watch of DS9. I’ve tried some of the newer series but they haven’t really grabbed me. I’ll give them a more intent watch in the future.

Any thoughts on The Orville? I love the mix of SciFi and humor. It is basically a Star Trek series without the franchise name.

4 Likes

Ahhh the Orville. Some episodes I find great others I am like wtf is this. Season 1 made it seem like everything was kinda a joke, I’m glad they started taking a more serious tone at least some of the time.

3 Likes

The Orville S1 was magic! S2 & 3… meh. The pandemic break ruined abunch of shows.

I agree with cosmonaut though, it was hit & miss. Some Eps great others trash.

3 Likes

Really? I thought season two was the best and yeah we agree 3 was very meh. Of course I am going off memory and I haven’t watched it 50,000 times so maybe your right and it was season one that was the good one lol

2 Likes

I’m with you!
Watched original StarTrek with my Dad…before syndication!
Then after school later on…
LOVE the Orville!
YES-a bit Dorky-- but still hits on a lot of Social Topics the way StarTrek did…just more humor.

3 Likes

The ep where they pretended to be Krill & took out the ship with light… Pretty sure that was the best. What’s your fav?

@Lady.Zandra63 What is your all time fav episode of Trek?

1 Like

Fave episode on star trek-- Trouble with Tribbles and anything with ‘‘Q’’… (and anything where Nimoy acted stupid!)
Favorite episode on The Orville… Cupids Dagger…!

2 Likes

Tribbles was a great ep! And yup that Rob Lowe ep was definitely one of the best :+1:

1 Like

This was my favorite Orville as it feels like where are moronic planet is going.

5 Likes

Yeah…I’m a big nerd…d&d…Star Trek…Star Wars (waited outside overnight to get into the premier! I was 15!) LARP…Comicon…Comics…
Draig introduced me to a lot of the Newer (post 1990) Star Trek and to the Orville…we watch everything together…
Not into Girl stuff" …
Make it funny and blow shit up…then I’m happy!! LOL!

5 Likes

The movie was great, but I enjoyed sg1 a ton more than Atlantis…

Stargate rules

4 Likes

Ya know I haven’t read more of the thread than the first couple posts…however I have watched every star trek episode and movie multiple times except for the very newest…
This show always struck me as a little odd…always kinda gave me the gitters…thinking about it now I have a decent reason…there is no talk about Buddhism. Supposedly they come from a peaceful future earth society yet there is no mention of Buddhism, the world’s greatest “peace” “movement”. In viewing some of the newer episodes they seem trying… struggling with the star trek universe, like they can’t quite define it. I think that if the show were to place a focus on. Buddhism as a facet of a future earth at peace etc etc, the show would have new breath breathed into it…

Just my 2 cents!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Majority rule…gave me Idiocracy vibes. Great movie makes me laugh every time.

“Water you mean like from the toilet” lol

2 Likes

I know what you’re saying but I believe they don’t mention any major religion by name. Star Trek was always supposed to be about cooperation so call the religion whatever you want as long as it leads to a greater cooperation. IMHO

2 Likes