Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

This is the one I’ve got, I’ve just plunged three seeds, full moon coming … :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Well shit George owning a seed store you should have about everything?

7 Likes

Thanks, just strainaholic em198|nullxnull , I am starting to discover an unknown and fascinating world of uncountable and delicious strains Pirata|nullxnull , don’t know if I will be able to grow them all but knowing they are in my fridge waiting their turn makes me happy. At least thanks to you people I’ve got lots of seeds and being slowly acquiring the ability to grow them … :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Can i get an amen?

2 Likes

KK is Kyle Kushman. Kyle is the one that popularized Strawberry Cough by giving clones to Dutch Passion who in turn, made seeds but kept calling it Strawberry Cough.

I would be curious to hear how Hazeman got these into seed form too.

Kyle’s Strawberry Cough is clone-only.

13 Likes

KK’s vagueness about SC is frankly boring. All I can add to what you posted is this; KK has made or is making seeds from reworked KK SC. He would not comit to a release date, this was posted on IG a while back. The “new” SC clones he has I assume are for disp not for online sale.
As far the cut used for Hazemans this is what I was told. He used “Kens” Cut of SC to make these seeds. Ken Estes, maybe.?. Was told he kept KK’s gear for Kyle.
Haven’t bothered asking Hazemans, doubt they would say much really…

8 Likes

Hazeman got his seeds from a line shared by cedarberry farm (CBF) and crossed it with Ken’s Strawberry cough

From what I understood , in 2004, CBF obtained S2 seeds of a SC clone. He inbred it until F4 or F3 and they were shared via meduser. A member named overgrown obtained some of them and then it got to Hazeman which crossed it to Kens Strawberry cough cut

There are stories of Strawberry cough being both in seed form and as a selected F1 clone only. So it’s really hard to know , as usual

You can find some insights on the story of the CBF Strawberry cough seedsline here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=14117&highlight=strawberry+cough#post14117

and here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=2614&highlight=strawberry+cough

14 Likes

Thx for filling in the gaps and the links! Kyle K is sitting on a gold mine if he ever wanted to sell them proper. But it looks like he’s pre occupied with his Nute Co ATM. :confused:

5 Likes

Man, AK47 x Bubblegum and they didn’t name it Bubblegun? Lol

9 Likes

Hola GR

I obtain mine from Chris at Meduser
we’ve known each other 15+yrs He
told me it was straight genetic from
Kile.

I grown it and made F2 as usual
really nice genetics a bit finicky
just check her and don’t stress her.

Bare

23 Likes

Hi Bare

Nice info from the source, thank you for sharing.

I appreciated the Strawberry cough a lot .

In the F1 from Hazeman , I had a bunch of different expressions, ranging from full round wide webbed leaved kush indica to very narrow leafed haze-like. Some hermies in the line and yes, easy to stress. Over the last 5 years, I grew it maybe 4 or 5 times and each time, it was a challenge to manage water to her taste. :slight_smile:

I had a individual I loved so much that I tried to inbred for several generations: 50/50 indica / sativa, strawberry smell and blasting flashing happy high. Great to make you happy and forget anxiety or negative thoughts. Maybe I’m just chasing the endless quest of stabilizing F1 hybrid vigour lol

Anyway, I shall soon grow my inbred SC line again and share the results here

24 Likes

Howdy Nova! Good to find you here. Sincy means that’s how many seeds one would hope to make by doing a preservation run, not how many seeds you need to start one.( i may be stating the obvious here) Of course the more the merrier but I’ve seen preservations done with just a few plants.

12 Likes

Kyle kushman already made a gold mine when he used hightimes to hype SC so hard when he was still traditional market and the only one pushing SC

14 Likes

my RSC 2014 Kumaoni and 2014 Malana Cream himalyan charas lines are available to anyone who is able to try chemical germination techniques like gibberellic acid or other advanced techniques like the pressurized seed bomb.

I’d like to do this as a seed donation for a community preservation seed run.

In 2017 RSC added a footnote to the descriptions of both of these lines, saying that hybrid contamination occurred at the source by 2017.

These packs are from earlier collections before hybrid contamination was introduced, so these lines are high priority for preservation due to their historic importance, genetic purity, and distinctness from the contaminated lines at the origin points.

24 Likes

Yeah… no pressure Eh? :sweat_smile: :call_me_hand:

I’d love to get my hooks into those … But I’m not up to speed to do them justice, but soon maybe…

Cheers
G

12 Likes

I’m not 100% sure but I think the pack of stardog Cory x 88g13 I got on a fundraiser for the bohdi puppy is discontinued. Does anybody remember seeing it for sale anywhere?? I’d like to do a seed run this winter With that pack if there’s any interest. Peace josh

16 Likes

Have you seen a kumaoni run before? I have a bunch of em, too, from a more recent accession, but haven’t even thought about germing em because I know literally nothing about em.

9 Likes

you probably want to ask the folks over in the Landrace forum for any background.
be nice to know where you got the seed and any further details…
seed finder has a bit from the RSC site :nerd_face:

Region: Himalaya
Genetics: Pure Himalayan Charas Plant
Latitude: 29N
Regional Harvest: mid-October to early November
Height: 3m - 4m
Yield: 1 - 2kg outdoors
Aroma: strong citrus, floral, hash
Characteristics: soaring high, intense vigour, great mold resistance, good CBD and medical potential

13 Likes

That one was a linited release and i have not seen it abailable anywhere. Id love to see it f2d and would trade ya something for some if ys end up doung it

6 Likes

Got them from RealSeedCo as freebies with other orders.

8 Likes