Tales from the Terpship

Busy Times away from the not so little ones again this week, so much so I am posting pics from Wednesday :man_facepalming: With all the ladies packing on the weight I finally had to come in with some support in the form of plastic stakes and tomatoe ties. I finally hacked back alot of lowers, potentially too many to re veg Glookies which if this wasn’t the first run in the tent would be the only plant I would have kept. Both the PKs and Blueberry OG are having a tough time producing dense flowers. Trichome production is decent but their nugs are fluffy and I would have chopped them a few weeks ago but now merely running them out for curiosity as they continue to swell and may even have a chance at bridging the nodes on the main kolas.

Gave @terpwee-z some flowers with dinner back on Wednesday, they are still alive on the counter as I type providing a nice aroma to our simple dinning situation. I hope to find the time to take some up to date and better quality snaps tmr, however, it being my 1 day off I will have to weigh that against the last few weeks of summer calling my name.

11 Likes

SO it finally happened…

Just over 3 months since it was received, Health Canada FINALLY threw me a bone, well 49 of them.

Things in the space ship are going well, some of the photo toxicity and resulting burns are becoming a bit more evident now into the last weeks of life for these 4. Yellowing leaves seems to be the worst of it, as they are all producing fairly well, all but PK #2 (Left front)

. PK #2 is still having density issues but might just need a bit more time than the others.

Glookies can be cut down anyday, lots of resin, lots of clear trichomes just waiting for a few amber and she is getting the axe.

I can no longer close my hands around Blueberry’s main kolas, she is bulking up tremendously! Nice dense and large nugs, good resin and trichome production.

PK #1 is really coming around, nice density, frosty, good sized flower, looking forward to throwing her in the press fresh from frozen!

They got there last feed at only .7 EC a few days as soil tests still showing balanced and nutrient rich soil. At this rate it will take me 50+ cycles to use up my Bio Canna Line on hand, overall I ran less than 2% the recommended amount this cycle.

Thanks for stopping in!

21 Likes

nice looking plants, and grats on getting your papers.

4 Likes

Ladies are still grinding away, been keeping an eye out for the first signs of amber amongst the trichomes forests tonight. Things are still looking relatively clear here on this lower from my PK#2 but taking pics through my ghetto scope via smartphone is plain silly so I will get something marginally better to share my findings as I go. Glookies is 85% milky, Blueberry is still developing clear stalks with small heads so far and continues to surprise me every time I see her not so surprisingly Pk#1 is also very clear and less pronouced.

Thanks for stopping in!

8 Likes

Well friends its about that time… The ladies have had their days in the sun tomorrow is the day for the axe. Everyone is 75+ cloudy, pistils are receding time for the axe.

I basically ran through as many of the guard, fan and some smaller lowers tonight as I could before the light when out, they lay in wait for the morning cull.

After the plucking

Threw all the lowers in the bowl and on the scale and they came in at just over 100g (fresh cut), looking at the size of the canopy I should average QP+ per plant wet which I am more than satisfied with for a trial run.

Glookies lowers showing off

A closer look (zoomed from above)

Plan on reveging 3 of them atleast for some clones so they will be getting fed and back under 18hrs of light likely tmr afternoon.

Thanks for stopping in! More to come after the slaughter :japanese_ogre:

11 Likes

The ladies all met destiny this morning, have them hung in the space at 40RH, 20C. They will spend 24 hours like this, then further processed and vacuum sealed into rigid “foodsaver” containers and frozen whole. I will keep some aside for curing just to get an idea of what dry weight would have been by weighing in pre and post cure.

I am going to reveg 3 or at least try so they were watered and placed back in the tent. They will get a feed tomorrow. Now to clean, reset and remodel a bit. Behind the tent is my primary HVAC system that has been sitting idle while the girls finished. I finally will get my T8plumbed into the system and hang my new Bridgelux Arrays in the space and finally launch the SS Terpy v2 at full capacity in the coming weeks.

I will likely put together a Live Rosin thread together to cover the processing of this harvest as soon as time permits.

Thanks for stopping in!!

14 Likes

Spent most of the evening with scissors in hand, refining the trim on the ladies today. After 24 hours main kolas firming up to the touch but still pliable, lowers are not quite snap stock dry but a touch drier than I would typically like for pressing, in less words; just where I needed them for live processing.

I had too little time to take great snaps but that will come in time, this was merely a proof of concept/system shakedown, there will be A LOT more opportunities to get pictures, medicine took priority.

PK came in at 211g

Glookies came in at 207g

Blueberry OG came in at 155g

My other PK is less dense, less trichome production, yet lovely profile so she will get air cured and is still hanging in the space for a few more days before getting vac-sealed in my favored foodsaver containers, stored in black 5 gals and burped and re-vaced for a a few weeks before hitting mason jars. The 100g of various lowers I took 3 nights ago now had been flash curing between the dehumidifier and the running and open tent on a rack is now on the crispy side of things and weighing in today at 38g of smalls plus the 17g of stock that they were attached to. Using this as a benchmark lets say one-third of the weight of the 20.46 oz harvest from 3 plants today averages 2.25 oz a plant. The seed fridge’s freezer is now full, still have a full 5’+ tall PK hanging in the space and over an ounce of “house blend” lowers ready to roll, happy days :partying_face:

Now time for rest. Thanks for stopping in!

14 Likes

Excellent diary so far, cant wait to see what you do now with the gov approval in hand.
Best of luck!

Stay hazed
Jake

3 Likes

Cheers Jake, I am looking forward to having less restraints again too.

No problems there!

2 Likes

I guess only one question remains… what to run next?

On Deck we have

Barney’s Farm Feminized PK - Which I just ran and 1 out of 2 was worth taking to the finish line
Barney’s Farm Feminized Dos si Dos #33 - I think its Gelato 33 X Dos si Dos
Barney’s Farm Feminized LSD

Advanced Genetics Feminized Lemon Diesel the only Sat leaning anything I have currently so we will likely run a few of her

Amsterdam Seed Co Feminized Cali Kush

Dutchman Seeds Feminized Pot of Gold

Mendocino Farms Feminized Training Day

Far as bag seed I have plenty of LA Kush Cake and Irish Cannonball but they likely came from stressed/hermied mothers as they were not intentional, came in some amazing smoke though!

Any favorites in there? Does anyone have any experience with any of these strains/producers? Cast your vote/comments below!

4 Likes

Break out your D&D dice and go totally random! You have great options…
Personally, I’d go Lemon Diesel & some bag seed for fun. :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Another day in the Terpship v2 and things are starting to come together. I finally got the T8 plumbed to an inline filter and the exterior vent today after months of sitting on my floor. I also hung my DIY Bridgelux array that was collecting dust near the T8 and everything is running a stress test currently.

We are bringing in 8 more XL Autopots and a 225L res, 4 positions came today, the rest should come early next week for fill out the space. I am also finalizing my flood to drain setup with some modifications geared towards running dwarf autos in my vertical farm, so busy times! I plan on mixing up another batch of my soil tmr and popping some beans, I will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks for stopping in!

11 Likes

So are those Gen 2 or Gen 3 Bridgelux??
If you can, check the temperature of the strips during your stress test, I’m interested to see how they do.

Cheers
G

1 Like

They are Gen2 I may have a way to get you some numbers… My multimeter has a temp probe as well as I have an IR Thermo Gun that might provide an idea of how they are running. They don’t seem to throw heat like my quantum boards but the drivers get warm fairly quickly. I will have a reason to throw them on again in the coming days and I will see what I can gather for you Gpaw

1 Like

Well, 17 beans popped today, all feminized photoperiod into my typical soil mix, into this small tray dome and into the vertical it went. My re-vegging project is not looking great, got busy, moved them around a bunch and let them dry out a bit more than I likely should have. Gave them a hardy feeding this morning, we will see if they turn around.

On another note watched this fly(?) hunt and eat a spider mite on my deck today, going to try and identify it, agriculture should be mass breeding these lil killers. You can see the spider mite in it’s mouth!!! I want a battalion of them for my outdoor veggy garden!

Thanks for stopping in!

6 Likes

Quick update. 16 out of 17 of the next-gen have broken ground the other has germinated, just not coming out to play yet. I split them up into 2 domed trays as I spotted some fuzz on a few pots, although it is likely mycorrhizae I thought it would be better for circulation and evaporation purposes to have them spread out anyways, so there you go. %100 can’t complain about that! None of my re vegs that were very much neglected made it :neutral_face: I will track down some more Barney’s Farm Glookies and do another hunt, love that nose and profile!

Been moving things around in the Terpship a bit to accommodate the next generation as per usual the plan is evolving in time. Last week we ordered 8 more XL Autopots and a larger res for the expansion but a few days ago we ordered an additional Auto9XL which will bring us upto 21 XL positions. I am not convinced we have the space for all of them within the Terpship but we will fit as many as we can, got the opportunity to get them at a good price point. The Auto9XL will go in the tent, I can fit the other 12 positions in the space but outside the tent but it wouldn’t leave much room for growth or working, likely put 8-10 depending on the final configuration with the new res. We are already talking about setting up a mother and quarantine areas outside of the ship so they will definitely not go to waste, no matter what.

I will grab some snaps of the sprouts tmr. Thanks for stopping in!

1 Like

So yes germination was %100 but there is a but…

I have a few that are showing helmet damage (had a hard time clearing the husk) one was bad enough that warranted culling immediately. The late bloomer is above ground but is also on the watch list with a few other suspect sprouts, we will have to see how they go

This one I culled as it ripped itself in two trying to clear the husk.

Family shots

I also stopped in to the local head shop as they had some glookies seed and where I got mine last and found a few others I was not willing to leave on the shelves. I will likely cull any weaklings later this week and start another round of seeds to fill the gaps.

Also there has been some developments in the Terpship. Our Auto9XL tray and another 8 single XL units arrived today, waiting on the res still but that give me some time to plan and play tetris in the space to determine layout. Looks like I will run an additional 10 XL positions outside the tent, 9 inside and the 2 extra will go on stand by for the time being.

Here’s a sneak peek

Much more to come, thanks for stopping in!

9 Likes

Quick update 14 days since the new run of beans hit the dirt. Things are coming along, I have separated the group further today into those showing vigorous growth and those who could use a touch more time and attention. They also got their first feed :crossed_fingers: I don’t push them into lockout like last time running this soil. Went with soil drench of .7 EC Canna Bio Rhizzotonic and Canna Bio Vega, hopefully that helps scoot them along. Up until today, they were just on off-gassed tap water (a bit of an experiment) which ends up being 6.2 ph at 31 ppm on a .5 scale pretty consistently where I am at.

I am still playing tetris in the terpship trying to figure out how to fit all these positions in as well as have some room to navigate and work. Having the lights lowered to the appropriate height will make access in the space impossible meaning I will have to raise my bridelux array anytime I need to make entry into the space… Might reduce their footprint so that this is more easily achieved, Might just struggle with it for this cycle/figure out a work around like dimming the array instead of lowering it completely.

The current outlook.

The strongest 9 will land into the 9 position tray in the tent within the next week or so, the remaining 6 will shuffle around for the next few weeks between the vertical and the terpship’s main compartment.

Hope all of your gardens are cranking along, Thanks for stopping!

7 Likes

Well, it was a rude awakening this morning… Lesson re-learned; No cocktails and gardening for the ole Terpsneeze…

Before I went to bed everything was good, really good, SO good that I decided to pull the dome on the heartier of the bunch(with no reasoning other than several of the plants had been pressed up against the dome for several days - not typically a concern but after a few cocktails it became one?!). I then proceeded to give them a micro watering with ambient temp RO and went to bed.

Unfortunately, I woke up to a very disturbing scene, seems as though I fan burned my A-Team with multiple casualties :expressionless:

I domed them up again and gave a slight drink in case they were trying to protect themselves from the rapid decrease in humidity. My alternate theory is the tiny dusting of RO I gave them last night put them into overwatered territory which is less probable as the pots both inside and outside a dome were all light and merely moist this morning as intended. Only time will tell, these 8 will get some light doses of LITFA and we will see if I can swing them back around.

Hope all of your gardens are doing much better than mine, thanks for stopping in!

5 Likes

Spent the aftternoon between the main compartment in the Terpship and driving back and forth to a hardware store on a holiday sunday :man_facepalming:

Overall it was an interesting project to plumb my very European res with North American bits… Even my trusted hydromart shrugged and said we stock line at 1/2"… but technically the fitting attached to my res comes out at 13mm and needs to go down to 6mm so… I built another system from OTS parts at a local orange big box store should something go south,I can run to the hardware and sort myself out instead of waiting on parts from a distributor.

Unfortunately, this meant I shied away from black line as there simply was any available in the inside diameter I required. Since I don’t run any nutrients in the “feed” system I am hoping that the biological growth won’t be too much to bear.

Basically I tee’d straight off of the 225L/60 gal res with 1/2 ID flexible line. One tee heads straight across the space towards the 9 position tray where it is reduced to 6mm line and a ball valve ahead of the tray. The other leg feeds 2x 6 position emitter headers which lead to 5 XL Autopot positions each, with ball valves again ahead of each position as seen above.

Overall I am happy, I will inevitably tweak and refine it as needed. I will be running tests as soon as I prep enough of my soil mix to fill the 9 position tray this week.

Until then, enjoy your week, Thanks for stopping in!

4 Likes