The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Thanks for taking the initiative. :slightly_smiling_face:

Today has been difficult for me, Iā€™ve watched all the folks on the Military side of my family pass away, (Mum this past April) Iā€™m one of the few left to remember their fierce patriotism and service. :pleading_face:

7 Likes

Hey all you Canadians, the snow is here. Keep warm out there :wink:

10 Likes

Not on the wet coast yetā€¦ just ample amounts of rain

6 Likes

Bloody hell, heā€™s right! It snowed out thereā€¦
:face_vomiting:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

We had a little wind chill flurry here yesterday as I was putting on the winter tires.

I thought I was tempting fate doing it and putting up some outside Christmas lights as well lol. It can stay tfa until Dec 23rd then it can snow and stay for 2 weeks and then piss off again lol.

3 Likes

Boy am I happy with the lake effect in my hood. No snowā€¦ yet.
Just very very wet.

4 Likes

Also, @Shadey wanted to throw out there ā€œthanks again for the low food intake info!ā€ Since then I have both forgotten the name of the gent in the video you shared with me but I do remember the lessons!

Itā€™s been well over a month now of daytime fasting with coffee/lemon water during the daytime with a solid meal after 8-9pm and I FEEL GREAT.

This practice has also really made me re-appreciate the food that I do end up eating. :hugs:

4 Likes

Wow, this is a thing? I have been on one meal a day for many years, I just didnā€™t realize this was something others did. Interesting.

6 Likes

Yes it certainly does, even food you might consider boring in taste, tastes amazing when you havenā€™t eaten for a week lol.

I am glad you are finding it benificial, it can really improve your health by lowering the amount of insulin your body produces to deal with carbohydrates.

I have lost 83Lbs since May now and my BP is usually between 100 to 115 over 68 to 76 I was probably in my teens when it was this good before.

6 Likes

Being raised by a 80ā€™s teacher the ā€œthree square meals a dayā€ thing was DRILLED and being a competitive athlete ensured the carbs were always around to consume as fuel.

Flash forward into my 20ā€™s and I was working so hard and fast that I ended up eating small meals, and a LOT less food than prior. I averaged 145lbs for years (5ā€™7") showing ribs but never missing a step.

Into my 30ā€™s that type of kinetic intensity slowed down and while I still averaged walking 6-10km a day in a 6000 sq/ft building I found that I had gained fat weight and was very tired all the time once I hit 180 lbs.

So, I went on a 2 week stint of 1500 cal per day MAX with an am run of 2-3km to start the burn, and then fasted until 2pm where I only ate oats; and the rest of the calories were dinner. 2 weeks later I was down to 165 lbs and stayed there until COVID.

I stress cookā€¦ so Covid wasnā€™t great for the body until I restocked the pantry with only healthy naturals and then the spring/summer came and I could eat out of the garden again.

Now I float between 165-170 lbs because of the muscle gains in addition to the fat stores being trimmed. I eat what I want now for that 1 meal in the day, but less of it if itā€™s not good for me.

Winter is coming, I want to be healthy but not completely un insulated :laughing:

8 Likes

Yeah, the 3 meal a day thing was just the way I was taught. For me it was the 2 years being homeless between 15 and 17, there were no 3 meals, many days no meals, so the habit was broken. To this day its still 1 meal unless I am doing a bunch of physical labor and than I eat when I am hungry but those days are not as common as they used to be.

6 Likes

Thats the best way to eat, only when you are hungry, your homelessness set you up with a great food strategy for your life and health and kept you fat adaptive :+1:

7 Likes

There is usually a positive to be gained from any situation if you stop and think about it. People eat way too much these days, it shows everywhere.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s what I am finding now, I feel the cold more, the house heating is running another 2 degrees F higher and itā€™s not even cold here yet :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Yup. :man_shrugging:

Edit: My workplace is near an area of Toronto that still has warehouse rentalsā€¦ so thereā€™s a lot of ā€œhipā€ and ā€œcoolā€ 20 somethings living it up with pop-up clubs, events and galleries. One summer I found while clearing away the weeds from the parking area: 5x empty bottles of Beefeater, and at least 2x human turdsā€¦ cause if that was a dog iā€™d be worried for it. These folks both drank and ate too much; and considering what they charge at these things to make any return profit itā€™s no wonder everyone I know in their 20ā€™s has to have several side hustles to survive here. :shark: :poop:

6 Likes

I try and only eat between 10am and 6pm, no more then 1500 calories a day. I find now Iā€™m in my sixties my metabolism has really slowed down. Being retired doesnā€™t help. I get bored and that makes me want to eatā€¦ :yawning_face:

7 Likes

I eat 2-3 meals a day plus snacks.

I do take the furball out 2x a day for a 5k hike and he pulls like a freight train.

I spent years between 150-155 lbs but as I got close to 50 my metabolism hit a wall and I went to 165.

Cue the dog walks and my weight stayed the same for a bit and then went up to 170 while my waistline shrank.

Iā€™ve never looked or felt better, and couldnt imagine limiting my food intake.

5 Likes

I maintain between 210 and 220 :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Youā€™re a big guy though.

2 Likes

Sounds like my Russian Fridge friend ā€œShayā€.

Looking at him heā€™s my height (5ā€™7") and looks like a plump little bearā€¦ until you poke at it and realize that he weighs 220lbs and is an unmovable tank of solid muscle, bone and sinew.

4 Likes