The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Damn those Maple syrup cartel hooligans i want my brown sweet rays of sunshine in liquid form cheap and plentiful… lol

Seriously though i am Canadian and love maple syrup.

8 Likes

The best maple syrup is always made by that one strange farmer down the road who bottles it in every shaped whisky bottle he can find.

Honey too. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Man I used to love doing security for the Royal Winter Fair here in Ontario. I would get bottles of the stuff from those who came to compete in the syrup contest portion of the show. MMMMMM syrup.

8 Likes

Being out west its not as plentiful out there which in unfortunate as we have pine, spruce, balsam and the like instead.

Also on topic of government mandated pricing for “farmer” protection even if just alot of big corps now is Cheese like fully understand the reasoning and to prevent say southern neighbours from dumping heavily government subsidised products in out market, though i would definitely be rounder if cheese was cheaper, same goes for government taxation rate on alcohol.

6 Likes

I’m actually more concerned about the technical aspects of how they are going to enforce that on the internet. Balkanization is a thing.

4 Likes

Server fund raiser auction now live.

8 Likes

Not sure if anyone else is doing this; but my partner and I have been hanging an Orange shirt in our porch since the start of June in solidarity for the survivors of residential schools and the families of children buried.

Really not proud of the occupiers of this lands history. As I am a blend of two families that were fleeing either war oppression in the Baltics; or apartheid in South Africa I don’t tolerate this injustice very well and am privileged to be able to work with so many wonderful native youth through my place of work.

Yes: Every Child Matters.

12 Likes

Oh and blending that last post into Pride month don’t forget to hug your closest 2Spirit! :heart:

10 Likes

yeah we have an orange T out front as well.

6 Likes

any fellow manitobans on this site ?

6 Likes

There are a few of us.

5 Likes

I went through there before on a Greyhound bus, does that count? Lol

9 Likes

depends did u get stabbed in winnipeg or grab a slurpee?

3 Likes

cool! ill have to go through your posts and see if you have any grow diaries !

2 Likes

Neither, unfortunately lol. I did smoke some purple kush all across Canada with an Old timer at every stop though :laughing:

Does it still count?? :thinking:

4 Likes

ok ok that counts. lol

3 Likes

Any Newfoundlanders? I seem quite alone in the breeding world

10 Likes

Almost moved to the Rock. But they call it the rock for a reason and I’m a farmer.

4 Likes

Yeah only white sand and clay here

3 Likes

I met the most interesting characters going across Canada on a Greyhound Bus…
Rather like characters from a Hunter S Thompson story… peculiar with homicidal tendencies :laughing: :call_me_hand:

Cheers
G

9 Likes