The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

I feel that my knowledge is limited
but it is somewhat complicated to know with certainty about all the Mexican varieties that existed before, nobody ever recorded anything, perhaps maybe they even mixed them together… Who knows! I only spoke from the perspective and time that I had to live.
if something like this really existed, at least in the circles of people that I know Nobody has ever seen something like that
believe me that for me talking about what no longer exists makes me tired
I see again and again and again the same old photos, nicknames… everything already seems to me to be just myths
I only try to talk about what I know, hopefully it will be useful for everyone.
I sent about 4 already extinct Mexican varieties to the original breeders of Cannabiogen
do any of you know about them? I’m sure not, and you would never believe they existed.
otherwise feel free to comment here we are all to learn and for my part I will try to focus on what can still be rescued today.

10 Likes

Thanks bro,
I’m trying to do my best…

6 Likes

aah, its just tirening to get told that “i shure dont know”… your insta? 12finger-line? i knew that… im tired, probably i was harsh… i dont know what else to say , … ah yeah, i dint wanna imply there are purples… i think someone said “Zacentas purple” was actually a Columbian… but just by nby by . i know its heavy to talk and use propper words about things that are still so much too rare. im also death tired .

authentic mexican is extreemly rare, almost a myth, i know man its hard, i know it to well as a vietnamese lover. Viet and Mexi are pretty similar i assume. mexi and vietnames are bouth kind and powerfull… and humanity rarely keeps kind lines alive over prohibition… in favor for a quick stable brainfuck, lol. some of the most beautiful cannabis came from mexico, and i have something found that i think is atleast GOOD.

2 Likes

my weariness comes from the situations that I have experienced because of the mota
in my country some things are not easy and in those years the issue of marijuana was very delicate
I want to show tangible things to the community
things that reflect my effort and years of putting my life in danger many times
I have had in my life the opportunity to be in two relatively large plantations of mota
a farmer from one of those plantations still has a landrace, and he told me the following: “I keep the traditional weed for use by us, it doesn’t cost a lot of work, it doesn’t require a lot of care and I like to smoke a cigarette before going to work "
this other weed la “tresmecina” (three months)
we just plant it in large quantities to keep the market supplied.”
There I understood why several pure lines are still preserved, more than what the foreigner imagines.
and I repeat the same:
Talking from a foreign perspective about something that only some Mexicans know makes me bored or simply doesn’t pay attention to it. I often read that many colleagues in the forums speak with confidence and certainty about things that I know are not so That’s why I focused more on uploading images or trying to document things that I considered important.
But to the good luck of all lovers of old sativas, there are still many interesting things left in the mountains and valleys of Mexico.

18 Likes

Ron fantastic job with the CG ladies!

3 Likes

Thank you brother for all your sacrifices and relentless pursuit of “The Mexican Landrace “ you have spent many years researching and documenting. Here’s to you :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

And also BIG thanks to @Upstate , @TexasTea, @lambchopedd you guys are awesome y’all have as well as a few others have put in a lot of work thank you all for your contributions to Landrace/Heirlooms I’m so excited about starting my journey.

6 Likes

THAT i think is my strength. to never ever claim anything at all. so , i dont know, but i think i should be allowed to speak, aslong as i clearly emphasize that i dont know. probably i messed it up othis time… dont know, if so, please excuse, and now peace. i cant even think nomore… as always fighting. just peace, and by

4 Likes

I for one want to know all about them. Thousands of Americans and I would imagine even more Mexicans have small stashes of old seeds put away. You’d be surprised what will turn up if you think about it often enough. Perhaps someone will read your descriptions and realize they have a jar of old seeds that may have came from some pot that fits your description. Tell us about even these extinct varieties so we can all keep an eye open just in case. Me personally…when i learn of extinct species it makes me want to protect what is left even more.
I know how long you’ve been in the threads. It must get tiring telling different people over and over the same things to correct the same misinformation. But, if the people who know don’t correct that misinformation, it continues and the truth is lost. We all want to know the truth here. Teach away my friend…one more time😁

7 Likes

I recognize a couple of these…
Verde Limon is A Michoacan landrace we call Limo’n Verde…
Cola de Borrego…is this the Sinaloan line only? Or a general term?
Lima Limon ( not sure how to make that mark above the o in limon. Limo’n is all i know how to write)
Caca de cabra…I’ve never heard of…but have a funny translation in my head knowing the Spanish for bullshit lol.
Caca de chango…I’ve never heard of either.
La peliroja…is this the Mexican Red hair that has disappeared or become very rare?
I want to know it all. As much as you can teach. You won’t be here forever and as far as this forum goes, you are the only possibility most of us have to learn the good stuff.

11 Likes

Same problem as with eg. conspiracy theories. It is very little work to voice doubt, deny things, make things up and pull people into useless conversations to bind their energy.

If you know you are telling the truth and want to continue to do so, to give others the chance to learn from you, you have to make choices. You can’t have the same discussion with a lot of people, or even the same people over and over again. That may have worked in a pub back in the days, but online you can basically meet everybody and their opinions. Many are not interested in learning or rethinking their own point of view. No point having endless discussions in those cases.

I am very grateful for people like you @Elchischas that share their knowledge and let me learn things. :pray: Thank you and I hope you will continue to do so.

8 Likes

All I know is what I read and what I can grow from trusted sources. I don’t doubt that the Cannabiogen gear that I have grown is the real deal. Pretty much everything else I take with a grain of salt until I can experience it for myself. I think the purity game is a bit of an illusion though at this point. My memories of Mexican are hard pressed, brown and sometimes seedy. Usually great weed for working and it got me through many a day of painting houses. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You nailed it. Let’s keep the knowledge flowing and keep preserving what is still here. In the end if the plants you are growing make you happy then that is all you really need to be satisfied.

5 Likes

Somebody please run those Ril Sowah OSTs I sent a shit ton out. Im really curious what will happen with that cross. Ril Sowah is one of my all time favs so is OsT. Cant wait to see this plant.

4 Likes

I guarantee if you start a thread and offer up a pack of those they will go quicker than hot cakes on a Sunday morning😁 I’d like to see what they are as well

4 Likes

Relatable. Also, I’m borrowing that term “tresmecina” (that’s a clever one)

5 Likes

I’ll second that one! It’s a beauty! I’d love to see some close-ups @Old-Ron
@Panamajock hope you are well my friend. I’m missing your photos of those beautiful double Panama.

3 Likes

I have always known this about Mexico without setting foot in some of those areas where the special sativa still whisper with the wind and carry ancient lessons in the sparkling trichomes.
I come from the world of martial arts, there are parts of Asian culture that will not share all of its wisdom with the outside world. People are people, and people want to protect keepsakes that represent a lineage or something truly special. I get it. For that reason, I accept and cultivate ganja with gratitude and respect. I may not live in those far away places, but I will practice good husbandry and keep the wisdom of my ancestors alive.

I appreciate your perspective and the images that you post. Carry on, sir. Carry on. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Foxtaily EDH

There’s a bud in there I couldn’t get a good shot of that’s loose and airy and open but it’s the size of a football.

All the best

14 Likes

Those are spectacular!

4 Likes

Thanks man! They’re at about 7 weeks and are really starting to hit their stride.

4 Likes