The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

I hope you get a couple more weeks. Looks like you have smokable stuff already. Beautiful!

1 Like

muchas gracias!

It was fun to grow the same plants indoors and then outdoors. Pretty obvious they loved the outdoors much better. I recall indoors there wasn’t much scent to them until they were harvested and cured. Pretty much same soil was used but I did add some epsom salt to the outdoor plant’s watering schedule every couple weeks prior to flowering.

Thank you. It’s kind of hard to get a full pic right now since the pots are pretty big and there are a bunch of other plants crowding the area but the branches on this one do seem much sturdier than the other.

We’re supposed to get a frost this coming weekend but I think they’ll be fine. Good idea on the sampling, it’s one thing that I regretted not doing with them indoors. Thank you again for the chance to grow these.

7 Likes

Girdling is not needed for the plants to turn gold. They naturally turn to a golden color when they cure. If you put it away slightly wet at all it literally looks bleached as in photos from the 70s

2 Likes

No doubt they’ll handle a frost. The big Oaxaca at my cousin’s place just survived a heavy Frost a couple days ago. I’d say yours look finished though don’t they? At least the end colas?

4 Likes

Mountain Gold from Green Mountain Seeds. Vermontman has kept his Oaxacan Gold pure since 1979. Combined with Federation Hawaiian Sativa as the male and we get MG. Delicious melon and musk aromas and she’s ripening fast. Easy growing plant, this one is a bonsai budsicle. :slight_smile:

26 Likes

Punta Cometa Oaxacan, repro by Tejas. 11/13 from seed, these are slowly coming along.

16 Likes

Wasn’t vermontmans original harvest polluted withn indicas. ? It was then kept pure after then right?

2 Likes

image image image image image image image

Here are my guerrrero green x MichoacĂĄn gpb. I kept them in small pots to keep them below the railing but the buds are finally starting to bulk a bit and I can see some resin glistening under the leaves and hairs!

Any tips on keeping these pics from posting sideways are welcome :joy:

20 Likes

I don’t think so, but I’m not an expert. :wink:

1 Like

Pure caca de chango, from Guerrero Highlands, what a bag appeal eh? is the strongest black market landrace sativa that I know, but not the healthiest xD

23 Likes

I love good old fashioned hard press weed! Reminds me of chewing tobacco when I was kid on the farm. :wink:

3 Likes

Looks awesome deez!

3 Likes

Thanks Tex. Small update on the Punto Rojo x Red Snake. Of the two females, pictured below is the faster flowering one. The other one has just started flowering so not too much to see yet.

And here are her babies in the making for the next generation :smile:

26 Likes

Sweet! Can’t wait to see how it finishes…probably at least a month left I’m guessing?

5 Likes

That’s a nice plant !!

3 Likes

After becoming a cobbing initiate that looks like some dark magick :100:

What’s the flavor on the smoke like? effect?

2 Likes

A wild Guatamalan collected by friends of a friend and grown out by them in their room, she sprawled everywhere with these big fox tailed buds that were actually pretty dense. It was around a 12 week flowering time with fairly mild lemon and green/grassy aromas but a stupidly speedy, anxiety/paranoid inducing high. Uncomfortably so as I’d have to get up and start doing things after toking it, kind of like the beginning of a mushroom trip when you feel compelled to get up and do things.

Close up of the bud shows fairly typical equatorial growing traits; small bracts, foxtailled buds with an open structure, thin leaves with few visible trichs. The seeds were collected in country by their friend while on a tour of the jungle. They found a plant at the base of a volcano and grabbed a branch to smoke, finding a dozen or so seeds inside. Which produced this very unique plant.

I tossed a clone of this girl into the open pollination run of Honduras from Ace seeds. I’ve got 6 females flowering now, couple months and they should be done and I’ll see if the cross is worth pursuing farther.

25 Likes

Yes, thats one of only two sources(banks) for these seeds i have come across, sadly as you stated out of stock .

1 Like

Hey user !
Not cob weed, just very neglected flowers. Due to poor conservation, flowers of this type have no aroma, only an earthy / fungal taste … Normally I would not touch this quality even with a two-meter pole, but these jewels deserve to be preserved

2 Likes

I stand corrected, haha not all that glitters is gold! The comment about potency and it’s color led me to believe there was some sort of heat (fermenting) applied to it

2 Likes