The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

My grandma had a great mole sauce. :heart_eyes: :drooling_face::drooling_face:

Man, I miss that matchstick doobie weed. Any bigger and it was a waste. Only had a couple smokes that quality in my life.
Anyone have any of the old expanding smoke weed? The kind that hits smooth at first. The kind where at a party you are offered first hitā€¦as everyone in the know stops what they are doing and watches you with a shit eating grin on their faceā€¦because they know what is about to happen. That kind. Anyone?

10 Likes

Are these the ps or the reg oax? Very nice! I hope you find some good ones!
@Panamajock if you think of it Iā€™m curious about the flowering time of these. They might nearly finish at a lower elevation here
@Tejas is it 12 weeks?

5 Likes

I have that one if anyone is interested.

7 Likes

I have a pack of the Ace Guatemalan too. :grinning:

7 Likes

I have been interested in this one for a bit. Unless someone can get to it sooner I would like to circle back with you later this fall to possibly work something out. Might even qualify for a co-op run I would think. They are originals from Ace?

Are these direct from Ace as well?

5 Likes

I have a pack of Ace Guatemala too that Iā€™ve been sitting on. I would love to see someone grow this one out. Iā€™m thinking might be similar to the Honduran which, when combined with their Panama is a really nice smoke.

11 Likes

I was reading how Dubi was comparing the two and just as you mention there are some similarities.

Both Guatemala and Honduras have classic woody american sativa aromas and uplifting cerebral effects. Guatemala is sweeter, sweet and sour while Honduras is more citric. Guatemala has a shorter flowering time and the yield is average, Honduras takes longer to mature but the yield is huge. Both have interesting cerebral, motivational and positive effects, Guatemala with a bit more of body, more balanced ā€¦ Honduras more electric, cerebral, less body effect. Both are interesting examples of the pure central american sativas.

Me too and would love to help make this happen if itā€™s not already in anyoneā€™s plans yet. To my knowledge they are both pure lines unless anyone knows differently.

9 Likes

Any time you are ready my friend. They are originals. Iā€™d like to see these grown out myself. Extremely vigorous line. For sure the Guatemala takes precedence over Honduras Only because they are no longer being offered

9 Likes

Iā€™m not quite sure. You sent me 7 of them in a pack and went for it. I wanna take a trip back to my teenage years and taste Oaxaca again! Thanks for this brother

7 Likes

The PCO is 14-16 weeks.

7 Likes

Whereā€™s the best place to get Ace seeds in the US? One of you guys that have some where did you find it?

3 Likes

The oneā€™s listed on Aceā€™s site are wellgrownseeds, multiversebeans, northatlanticseed, seedcellar (havenā€™t heard anything on this one)

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/wholesaler-list/

3 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Wow Iā€™ve always been indica leaning taste but after reading this thread I have to grow a landrace sativa! Just have to make sure I can get true strain not the hybrid bastard child of a heirloom. I have some afghan original growing now but damn you all make these sound fuqqing amazing.

2 Likes

A wee update on the Colombian Gold ( @Old-Ron ā€¦Freekers.

21 weeks in flower on the 14th = 2 days

Iā€™m absolutely amazed by the production of the plants past three/four weeksā€¦
Itā€™s more amazing that there has been no chemical nutrients used in the whole grow never mind in this flowering stretchā€¦2 x mollasesā€¦and 2 root feeds with compost teaā€¦and the quality of flowers are still produced.

She isnā€™t ready yetā€¦but is definitely in the zone.

Regards

P J

23 Likes

Nice to make it official - No Nutes.
Wonderful Stuff
Special Weeds thats for sure PJ

4 Likes

Did you keep some polen of Colombian Gold Male?
I have three or five seedsā€¦ but all feminized. :cry:

2 Likes

That looks damn good. Excellent work! 21 weeksā€¦

2 Likes

I had a nice male ā€¦but I had too many other plants aroundā€¦and was only looking for females.

Another time

P J

3 Likes

Well those are looking lovely @Panamajock

I was lucky enough to get a pack too; they are definitely in the cueā€¦

2 Likes