The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

What’s your soil again? @420noob

My plants don’t look that big until they’re a month old. Slow starting in the cold, or i’m a shitty grower. I think i’ve tried so hard to keep plants small I forget how to make them grow fast​:rofl::sweat_smile:
Looking healthy! With the speed of growth you have going on, you better throw those into flower now or plan on flowering cuttings ( or a tree)
If the older plants turn out to be the string of pearls phenotype they will be about four and a half feet tall if you start flower now. (and that is with containing them with small containers.)Flowering older plants is always better if you can do that… Just remember, You are driving a ferrari instead of a toyota. You’ll need to use the brake much more than the gas pedal.

8 Likes

Timely words! I’m totally a WOOOOOOHOOOO! kind of guy, so I need someone around who will say: “Um, maybe not.”
I literally haven’t given them anything except homemade microbial tea, though, and it was just the once, I swear!
What do you mean by a small pot? 1 gallon? 3 gallon? I had considered taking the ladies all the way to 5 gal, but from what you’re saying, it sounds like that would be mayhem, yes?
I AM CHAOS!

7 Likes

If you put them in a 5 gallon pot And started flowering today it would reach 8 feet easy… And probably six feet wide.

6 Likes

https://overgrow.com/https://overgrow.com/t/keeping-sativas-small-with-upstate/108971?u=upstate

2 Likes
2 Likes

Jesu Cristo! :rofl::laughing::crazy_face::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Okay so then, Carnac the Magnificent, what if I vegged them 1 more week, but kept them in 1 gallons for the rest of their lives?
I have that thread on watching, but I thought I was doing it right!
It said 3 weeks veg, go from 1/2 gal, to 1 gal, to 3 gal to 5 gal!

It also says if the plant is growing fast, leave it in the pot for longer, which I’m definitely doing, but based on the info in the thread, I figured I had another full week before flipping to flower.

Y’all really don’t think I do my research? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I’m literally trying to follow the directions! :bear::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face:

Edit: grumbles as he has to set up the 2x4 to be a flowering tent for a couple weeks

6 Likes

Reused ffof, I extra perlite lots, and whatever seedling mix mixed in from up pot. Oh ya about 1-2 hand fulls of ffof just so it’s not completely inert.

3 Likes

Sounds about right. I’ve got an old post saved where Upstate talks about using half potting soil, half nutrient- dense soil (did that with mine as well btw), so it sounds like we’re on the same page, just using different brands.
Thanks for the reply!

4 Likes

The Oaxaca I grew was in a 3 gallon bucket, it was probably 5’ when I chopped her at 16 weeks. I think it was 3 weeks veg then 12/12, they were in a one gallon container until they showed sex then into the three gallon. One girl I haven’t tried yet, she’s hanging out.:+1:t2:

6 Likes

Your growth rate is twice mine.
You can stick to that formula above, you just might need to adjust a bit.
If you are confident you can keep these happy( looks like you can) in a one gallon for 6 weeks, flip at 3 weeks and go straight to one gallon. This would get some size to any short phenos and the tall ones would expose themselves ( dirty girls). Then, next transplant, you could go bigger with the short phenos and keep the tall ones contained until week 6. I can’t keep them happy in a one gallon that long, but I never tried fabric bags that early. Then i could do it.

6 Likes

I will report back with my experiences!

4 Likes

Ah I gotcha now @420noob . I was gonna say if the OxRS is too stunted just rip it up and plant some new seeds, I can send more as needed not a problem.

Nice Zacatecas @Motaco :banana:

Those are some nice healthy looking Oaxacans @HeadyBearAdventures nice work with those.

Now that sounds more like a dare, maybe even a double dog dare.

Spot on! I had a female Oaxacan PS that I took a cutting of and placed it in the flower room at only 6 inches tall. She’s now just a few inches past 4 feet in a 1 gal container at only 5.5 weeks of flower now.

Expecting a big yield on this one :laughing:

29 Likes

Yeah @deeez99 !
Lemme know if you need help moving any of that weight :rofl:

4 Likes

Branches might not be able to hold them up!

2 Likes

you could even double the yeald by placing two plants “inside” each other.

4 Likes

Just think…You’ll be able to tell people about that time you smoked a whole plant in one massive rip🤣
Seriously though, the PS kind of need to be grown big for any yield, but the smell and flavor is gold standard quality. Just epic. They stretch til week 10/ 12 or so.
I’ve never seen one resembling bamboo like this one does.
Wow!
There is a short pheno in this line too. Absolutely covered in resin if you find it.

8 Likes

Started stripping off the Oaxaca goodie’s

20 Likes

So what do you with that? Do you simply pick the leaves out and smoke what’s left? Those Oaxaca are so crazy looking. Very interesting.

@TexasTea Oaxaca is nice looking though. Nice buds for sure. Either way I’d smoke both. I’m not picky. Lol

4 Likes

Pretty much. Some get many more " pearls:. This is Old Silversides. She gets lots of them.

@Greenfingers I hope she smokes good for you!

18 Likes