The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Oaxaca is the ashwaganda of weedšŸ˜

3 Likes

Hereā€™s one of my realizings of things , this works really well for overwatered pots and saturated outdoor, it will allow your pot plants to grow like itā€™s made for it :slight_smile:
Take a couple of empty buckets to a pond, creek, or ditch that holds water (one could even look for grey water dump ) ya know a spot that makes you wonder how the hell do those plants grow like that? :slight_smile: Lol alright and pick some that are big healthy and vigorous looking:) and pull them up roots and all put like 3 in each bucket and take them immediately and prepare it and use it ok so take bucket fill 3/4 with none chlorinated water (if you got pond or creek use that water with some of the scum off bottom) then take healthy plants with all the mud and roots attached put in bucket and work/wash all the mud and off the roots remove the plant material and do it again put at least 3 root balls per bucket so the microbes have a high population in bucket and use it immediately (that is very important as soon as microbes are washed off root they start to die but you got a window of 1-2 hours to get them to another root so they can survive:) like cannabis roots ) itā€™s the microbes you are after

6 Likes

Lmao :rofl::laughing: yes they do stink lol and No this does not go bad actually itā€™s the opposite it get better with time, and all you gotta do is add to it , after you use some just add more water kinda swirl it and its ready you can pull more I pull from a bucket till I put like 3-5 more buckets worth of water in that bucket before I add more plant material or you notice that it is getting clear or not as green or thin , I hope that makes sense if not just let me know @Upstate

4 Likes

And iā€™m cutting this fifty fifty with fresh water when I use it? Is it possible to use too much on a plant?

1 Like

16 Likes

, old silver sides, photos and then an accidental mean green photo.

5 Likes

Yes and I have found that thatā€™s the sweet spot so donā€™t use less it wonā€™t be strong enough and donā€™t use it more concentrated it could have negative effects over time Iā€™ve tried it already but you donā€™t have to measure itā€™s not that serious but keep it close for best results :slight_smile: @upstate

3 Likes

Yes but we are talking like 70/30 or better to cause issue accompanied with no dry back PS or the plants used for bucket were out of balance which would cause the solution to be out of balance and this is something I have never seen personally but it is something to keep in mind

1 Like

Man! That mean green looks like a very special plant! Super cool @Upstate

1 Like

Thanks for all the Good information. Iā€™ll be using that stuff as soon as I can handle some stinky handsšŸ¤£
The mean green is something elseā€¦ Until today, Iā€™ve been struggling for a name that matches that plant. A few weeks ago, I. Pulled my upper back while pulling that plant up a Hill in a cart. The kink in my back was waking me up by 3:30 AM Until just a couple days ago. Now I can sleep till 5 before the knot drives me from bed. Usually moving that plant only hurts my lower back., lol. So now I have an appropriate name for that plant. From now on, I will be calling her Miss Sciatica :sweat_smile::rofl::sweat_smile:
I sure hope the abuse I have put my body through growing this plant will be worth it in the end.
My spider Senses are telling me it will be worth itā€¦ But Iā€™m not feeling it with the Creeper pheno. Hope Iā€™m wrong.

6 Likes

Well I get it on me all the time :slight_smile: now donā€™t get me wrong at first I was very skidish of it but over time there was no way to avoid it so from experience the ā€œstankā€ washes off But! There is a warning label Do Not let it splash in eyes ! It will cause pink eye! Thatā€™s the one thing but other than that no worries :slight_smile: lol @upstate PS outta likes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

that means itā€™s working lol

some donā€™t use it until itā€™s aged for a year, itā€™s supposed to get better with age

5 Likes

The steep time thatā€™s recommended is much longer than this, and the dilution is 1C/2 gallons of water. typically in the ratio of 1 part JLF to 100 parts water
IME (and I think @BeagleZ will back me up here), a month is the bare minimum fermentation time, less than that and plants are gonna fry. And a 2:1 solution is using waaaay more fertilizer than what is needed according to the actual JADAM protocol. On a landrace sativa, I think that dose would spell doom for the plant, but I havenā€™t tried JADAM on single origin plants yet

Iā€™ll echo @drgreensleeves and say that it doesnā€™t go bad, and in fact, it will smell neutral after about 6 months in the bucket.
I used year old food scrap JLF on my Trainwreck plants, at standard (1C/2 gal) dilution, and burned the absolute fuck out of them. JLF ainā€™t no joke!

2 Likes

Store bought groceries is a bad idea all around and how I suggested itā€™s use is how I use it on all of my plants from landrace to autos to food crops at a 2:1 dilution and I have never burned anything and I even only let it sit for 7 days sometimes :slight_smile: so idk man but the store bought stuff is definitely a bad idea due to our modern commercial agriculture system we have today all kinds of endemic pesticides

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure there are practical differences in the approach, and room for experimentation obviously. Awesome that youā€™ve had success with your methods!
Iā€™m speaking only of my own experiences, and of the standard JLF practices.
If 2:1 works for you, awesome, but I think itā€™s important to share with people who are new to the practice what the actual recipe is. If someone starts out with the recommended practices, they can make adjustments, but starting with a recipe that calls for 500% more input than how itā€™s written is going to cause problems.
My food scrap JLF is just fine as long as I double dilute it (1:200), and all my plants go crazy for it at the appropriate dilution, so thereā€™s nothing chemically wrong with it, itā€™s just a hot fertilizer.
There are many other anecdotes in the JADAM forums where folks have killed whole seasonā€™s worth of crops using ā€œyoungā€ or under diluted inputs.
Again, Iā€™m not saying anything about your growing styleā€¦ if it works, it works, but I am saying that your recommendations arenā€™t in line with the actual JADAM practices, and others may not have the same results.

6 Likes

Iā€™m not hating on you either bro love and respect and for the record I never bought the book :slight_smile: I just watched a couple of master choā€™s Sons you tube videos and Drakeā€™s and a few others but I have had it in practice for quite some time and yes you are correct about a young bucket use with caution but thatā€™s with young than 10 days with night time temps over 65F if your climate is on the cooler side your 30 day limit is probably more accurate , their are so many nuances to the Jadam and knf that we can both be right at the same time it just all depends really and if ever you have doubt test it on a wild flower or something less valuable :slight_smile: cool thing is if itā€™s bad you will know within about 5-10 minutes :slight_smile: lol when I first started using it I did some weeds like ā€œwicked witch of the westā€ straight melted them :slight_smile: lol but it was a JMS that I added sugar to thinking " oh More is Better!" Then I learned real quick No! More is not better :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Agreed! And quite frankly, there are no recipes for JADAM in terms of actual measurements, so we could be doing something different that changes our outcomes, and not even be aware of it.
At the end of the day, the averaging of data points from those of us who use these methods will start to reveal the best practices.
Very exciting stuff
Edit: I actually live in a very warm climate, so that might explain why mine gets so hot, so fast. My fermentation are almost always finished faster than the stated times, so it makes sense that they would also be starting faster as the microbial activity is exponentially higher with increased favorable temperatures.

4 Likes

Thanks @drgreensleeves , @Upstate and @HeadyBearAdventures for all your knowledge sharing, and reminding me that the remedies are all around me, and to get back into ferments.
I used to do this with nettle, comfrey and all the canna stems and trimmings - fresh and dry - still have about 50L of 5 year old strained ferment, and about 150L still in the barrel, they didnā€™t get septoria that year, should be good and ripe now! I had been using 10-20:1 (water:ferment) with no issues. Nettle especially smells like cow urine. Much better smelling after a year. There are so many variables in how to go about it.

Nice realisation, I like your thinking! Light bulb moment! It reminds me thatā€™s an ancient/indigenous method to add fertility to the garden, and whatever microbes one is selecting for come with it, I like your style @drgreensleeves

Cannabis has the opposite action on the adrenals unfortunately,
Iā€™ve burnt mine out a few times toking too much, drinking too much coffee, not getting enough sleep, but then I donā€™t have access to herb with ā€˜no comedown/burnout/afterhighā€™ yet. Please prove me wrong!

1 Like

That is a good recipe for swamp juice. I learned about it slowly over the years, each time that I would go swimming in the river. The only thing that I would add to that recipe is river rocks. Small ones to put in your ā€œstew bucketā€. A few of those will leach stone minerals into the soup(think azomite/basalt/greensand) that will sit in the swamp juice like sediment sits in malt liquor. Organic mineral ā€œgritsā€ that the plants will love.

7 Likes

Well now my friend, do you know what the cat said when he got his tail cut off?..
It wonā€™t be long now! :slight_smile: Lol

4 Likes