The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

@mexcurandero420 Now if that photo is of what was called Panama red, I would say Panama Red was at one time a pure Sativa, and much of the 70’s Panama Red a hybrid made with it. Thanks for posting that one.
In case Y’all missed the chicken foot pipe up above in that Panama post…it’s pretty cool actually.

23 Likes

I saw the foot, i didn’t know what it was. It looked like a big ass seed in its clutches.

6 Likes

Thanks for the input @cannabrainer especially from someone that lived nearby. Your Antillean Caribbean Project sounds most interesting and I’d love to share and contribute if I can. I’ill keep you posted.

Here is a closer view with better lighting. I’m just going to wait to try and get more info and then probably OP them :smiley:

17 Likes

Revisiting the ApG - i’m detecting a minty note dominating with a slight dank spiciness. I had sampled a .5-.7 yesterday and was blasted for 3 hours, it took until 5 ish hours to wear off. This stuff is by far stronger than the terpless 25-30% THC stuff I can buy at the dispo, hands down. The effect was similar asthe previous chillum report but really amplified and with an energetic boost. EDIT:there was also a slightly trippy component, where it was difficult to want to interact with my smartphone or computer- hard to articulate in any other way.

In fact, i had rolled up two spliffs and as I was getting half way through the second one…i had to pause for a second and reconsider if i was getting too high since i had to take care of some thing shortly thereafter. But ofcourse, for science, I powered through to see what the potential was. Dam, this one is going to be pretty potent when it’s finally done, chopped, and cured. I’m thinking it could be all said and done around January-Feb.

6 Likes

@US3RNAM3 Sounds great! Gotta love a good landrace😁.

2 Likes

BCO and snowhigh…beedbreedbay may stil have the forum threads

I think this one was kept in Colombia

maybe it does have indica … these buds looks a bit like SSH or mango haze
https://www.instagram.com/p/snUkKEA5sM/

What about dr greenthumb?

It mentions the BCO in this thread…

3 Likes

Post removed by author

2 Likes

That’s exactly the type of sacks we were given to sell when when we were teenagers in the early 70’s. They were different colors sometimes though. They were 50 pound sacks, red and gold. :yum:

3 Likes

The flowering time for snowhigh double panama is way off. It was listed at eighteen to twenty four weeks, but came in at fifteen weeks. I would expect the f two’s to have some longer flowering 74 red cross Panama type plants.

5 Likes

Seeds look promising. One of the other varieties that I have noticed can have very short lines on the seeds is Lambsbread.
@GMan Now that’s a sack of weed I could get into!

2 Likes

Good thing to know about Yesum is that he flowers his sativa’s at 9h light and 15h dark. So if he goes 13,5weeks that’s actually a long time. Most of his flowering times of NLD are closer to 9-10 weeks.

5 Likes

That sure is a lot of frost on the leaves for a pure sativa. I would expect none or at least much less if there was no indica in there.

If you only have resin on calyxes and none on the leaves, you have a high chance that you are looking at an undiluted NLD line.
I know it doesn’t entirely work backwards, but still a good check to make.

2 Likes

Yeah, I had BCO mixed up with BSC

Braziillian seed company Luiz vs Breeders Choice Organization

…They used that because couldnt release the 74 pure…Is my guess

vibes collective

Much of snowhigh, bodhi, Kagyu, is all like that… “sproutways”

Its Corporate situation…and will only get weirder

What happens when the going gets weird ...the weird ...go pro~HST

2 Likes

Final shots of my most recent ‘93 Mexican AllStar grow. Got a few dozen seeds hybridized with the Zacatecas

Last night.

This morning. Soaking up the Rocky Mountain sun one last time before chop. I would have let them go a week longer, but the seed run caused a decent nutrient deficiency. Those seeds use up a lot of nutrients! Let’s hope it is still good smoke.

27 Likes

How is the aroma like?

7 Likes

I am mostly getting a strawberry smell these days. I have debated trying to cross it to a Strawberry Mazar-I-Sharif strain my friend @Roms shared with me.

14 Likes

Does it make you cough? :grimacing:

10 Likes

Lol. That is the hope my friend. Mexican/Afghani crosses were the backbone of the original US homegrown market. We have more access than ever to these original building blocks. Let’s start recreating them!

I got some Purple Paonia Paralyzer going.

Maybe cross it to the Zacatecas Purple? Let’s see what happens! Rocky Mountain Holy Weed?

29 Likes

The Panama 1974 from VibesCo its the only one that i guarantee you there’s NO indica in there
In fact,its contains a unique terpene profile that i haven’t seen on any other plant.
Any other Strain that Panama name on it… its just an hybrid.

20 Likes

Initiate salivation What terpene profile, scents/aromas did you detect?

2 Likes