The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Very nice, I love the long spiraling buds @royal.:peace_symbol:

1 Like

Mexican death sativa x Hoper Valley Gilgit
Testing the F1s now. These were the narrow leaf phenotypes. I’m using the broad leaf MDSG for the F2 line.

First run MDSG F1s, . I’ll smoke test this plant. And I added Kanak Balochistan pollen to it. I added Heirloom Afghani to a MDSG too. Lots of work still to do.

Next I’ll breed up 2 best narrow leaf MDSG. :100::dove:

24 Likes

Nice to see others grow the Raspberry Haze. I have three going right now and starting to flower. I can say that you are in for a treat.

1 Like

That would be awesome if you could reach out to him. I’m super curious about alot his work that I’ve looked at recently.

2 Likes

Do you know whether Koby’s Organics has reproduced any other pure sativa landraces?

1 Like

Everything is still filling out here. The Tom Hill Mexican reminds me more of old BC bud than old Mexican, but regardless I like it a lot. Super skunky funky stuff with great resin. If someone was looking for old school skunk type weed this is it. I have it lightly seeded with Zacatecas pollen and I am thinking it might be an incredible cross.

The Zacatecas is still impressing me. It has an interesting look, and sugary resin.

The ‘93 AllStar Mexican is full of Zacatecas pollen as well. The seed production really does eat up nutrients.

34 Likes

What sort of scents/aromas are you getting on zacatecas and the allstar mexi?

3 Likes

Zacatecas is sweet skunky smell. The AllStar I have had for a few years now. It smells like herbs, berries and flowers. Once cured it has a more herbal smell, but you can still smell the sweetness when you break it up.

9 Likes

tom hill mexican looks special. tom hill haze x 93 mex? very veeeery good

3 Likes

Very nice looking Zacatecas buds first time I’ve ever seen them @Motaco, that All Star Mexican looks awesome too. Nice show!:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

I remember back last December 31st when I put out 5 Oaxaca plants and the one “pearl stem” pheno ended up finishing up at around the 6 1/2 month mark. The male finished a couple of months before that I remember posting pictures of but the last 3 have STILL not really even started flowering yet. They are starting to put on a stretch again which I hope means that they’re gonna start to flower here soon. They were all taken outside at the same time so these last 3 are stupid long flowering types. They all seem to be the exact same pheno as this one in the Earthbox.

The others are in smaller 5 and 7 gallon fabric pots. I will admit that they were up-potted into these containers when I started noticing their stretch. I mean I even have a cutting of the"pearl stem" pheno that is about 3 weeks into flower itself and these 3 haven’t even shown any real pre-flower. Man I hope this plant ends up being fantastic to make up for making me wait so damn long.

17 Likes

I’d bet you will have something special once everything is said and done!

So the pearl pheno was in the same container size and light cycle as the other 3 that haven’t started flowering? ~11 ish hours of dayight in december, so that makes sense for them to flower then but weird how the others didn’t follow the pearl stem? Were the other 3 exposed to any light pollution that may have kept them in veg?

5 Likes

Sounds like plenty exceptional phenos within the Oaxaca!

Stick with them you’ll get’em finished:)

1 Like

@US3RNAM3 2 of the 3 maaaay have been but I’m not quite certain of that. There is a back porch light there that my kids or wife may have turned on for an hour or two for all that I know. That one in the Earthbox has been right besides the pearl stem (which was in the same size Earthbox as well) pheno all along and still hasn’t flowered just like the other two that may have had the light turned on so I don’t believe that is the case. I have others right there where that light is and they have stretched and flowered with no problems which is why I’m not quite sure that light has had anything to do with it.

Oh, I’m no quitter my man! I have the space thank goodness and I do see some movement happening so I’m good to push on. Thanks guys.

8 Likes

Good thing those earthbox have wheels!

Just have to roll em inside if it get to cold…

Dont forget the diatomascacous earth…and white vinegar

Those 2 are some the best preventative measures I know

It means you have some exceptional females no doubt…I would treat them for any potential bugs and make room for them indoors…depending on your exact latitude

Seems like summer…will it last…maybe get lucky ?

My Oaxacan x red snake

Swazipulco

Oaxacan

Ancestral skunk x Turkish hash plant

Look at those stacks!

16 Likes

Wow, they are late to start flowering where you are. My males still haven’t flowered yet either, and one of them is a Silversides pheno, which is faster than this other pheno. 13-16 weeks instead of 17-20 weeks. If yours haven’t started making flowers by the time my Silversides male begins to make flowers, or very shortly after, you have light pollution. I wouldn’t worry yet. They start flower late but cruise along once they start.
I think your springtime light cycle was short enough for the early phenotype, but not short enough for the late plants. I see the nodes have tightened up and stretch has started, so technically the plant is in flower. The big one looks like it will start making flowers very soon.
Looking good buddy. You’re a damn fine grower to keep that plant happy in that container so long. I can’t do it.

8 Likes

Looking good buddy. Those stacks are impressive.

3 Likes

Thank @herbgreen. I’m in Los Angeles where it doesn’t get too cold but yes, I could roll them into my garage if need be.

How would I use diatomascacous earth and white vineagar?

I’ve noticed that my Ring Camera setup in my backyard was turning on its light whenever the wind moved a branch in front of it setting off the motion detector which could be the source of the light pollution. I’ve turned it off.

It was causing me concern being in that container so long as well. All it was given as far as fertilizer was those “spikes” of chicken poo you recommended way back when I planted them in the Earthboxes. Wonder if I should give it anything more? The other two in fabric bags were top dressed about 3 weeks ago.

Also, I keep getting an error whenever I try to “like” anyones posts. I’m trying to show my appreciation but I get denied!

8 Likes

Is there any links for these food spikes? How you make them and with what ingredients. Thanks

2 Likes