The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Yeah whose rules does one use in that situation? The professional rose cultivators? You can’t really argue that the genetics weren’t brought by one individual nor can you say the existing plants don’t belong to the second.

4 Likes

Thanks for the link - according to the interview it seems Caleb doesn’t really regard landraces highly or view them as something that can be head stash. I guess that’s why most of his releases are the quick flowering lines that are heavily worked. I’m on the opposite end and think there’s definite gold to be had in those genetics.

If anybody is interested in an interview with landrace in the discussion, Kagyu from Coastal Seeds touches on many Mexican lines and other tid bits that you all may find interesting:

Although, I would say that Snowhigh’s interviews have way more useful information.

6 Likes

Yeah, its strange…hes in humboldt…land of strong purple and many indys

He did repro the Mango Bieche from cannabiogen

Hes gota very interesting technic of growing in 4 x 4 foot beds on pallets with wheel…something like that anyway…He has a nice approach to reproducing any given strain

Have to listen to that Kaygu…I think his name is really Mike

Yeah, he has the knowledge of smoking these things most dont…has that distinct advantage

I ran across these the other day
https://multiversebeans.com/product-category/kagyu/

https://www.instagram.com/kagyu1/

4 Likes

If Koby’s SMCG is the same as the one Reeferman used for Love Potion that would be a real find. I’m excited to see what we can find out

3 Likes

Cryptic Labs has Cherry Bomb too.

6 Likes

Ultra Early Lovepotion mid flower

Citrus/lemon, linalool, incense/spice/cedar/conifer in some, heavenly, fairly heavily seeded.

16 Likes

@Upstate How long do you dry your seeds before you put them into containers?

2 Likes

@WVMountainGhost A few months. I like to run the Woodstove( or electric heat) to really dry them well. The house humidity drops to 20%.

4 Likes

Nice! I didn’t know.

3 Likes

Another Ultra Early Lovepotion; a candidate strain for crossing to the SMCG project ya’ll have going, to early it up for outdoor northern. Seeds swelling…

18 Likes

Amnesia x Chocolate Ran ( escobar repro)

Well Amigo…they have just taken off…28th /Aug after 48 hrs in paper towel. ( third foto)

Other fotos …six days later…Whaa quick germ…

Six days later…

P J

15 Likes

I’m definitely watching :+1:

3 Likes

Cross posting my 11 leaflet Oaxaca!

29 Likes

Gotta love this: Santa Marta Colombian landrace, and a pack of Big Sur Holy Weed"

:hugs:

8 Likes

I can see lebanese genetics in that one. The leaves look very lebanese. Buds too. Probably gives that cedar smell. Do you happen to know if lebanese is listed in the genetics? Sounds like a symphony of terpenes happening. Nice!

2 Likes

Look at that narrow beauty! I don’t usually grow them in veg long enough to see leaves hit eleven fingers. Very nice!

5 Likes

All I know its ABG13 x SMCG, Reeferman, Have been selecting for the SMCG side since I’ve got it. They come in late Sept early Oct at 53N

3 Likes

@Upstate
Thank you my friend (though I can’t take credit for genetics)!
That leaf was at node 6/1 week flower/4 weeks from seed
I say was because I topped her, and the leaves below are 9 finger. We shall see what the new growth becomes.
Yes, I’m attempting to clone the top.

4 Likes

Colombian MangoBiche x Gash Plant f3

Faster flowering female

much longer flowering male expressing MangoBiche

26 Likes

I’m inclined to trust Kobe’s word they are authentic. Unless my novice understanding of things deceives me, he puts out some pretty cool and unique shit on the regular that is off the Cookies, Ethos, Exotic, etc. beaten path. I’m down for fresh funk, renaissanced, and new flavor pallettes all day every day.

3 Likes