The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Thanks to the OG community for providing me with such experiences… :pray:
Here are some Double Panama …Gift from @Bud_Weiser :pray:
we got two stable females and one hermie…
Hermie is already throwing the seeds…

One of them seems to have a longer flowering…(my favorite) clockwatch

And another with an earlier flowering …

TamoJunto OG 48 :pray:

16 Likes

Poke a half inch dowel into the soil but not all the way to the bottom. Then fill with organic fertilizer is how @Upstate explained it to me. I made a few in the Earthbox since it is kinda large.

4 Likes

The spikes. There you go. I didn’t have time to do them this year and it shows. Hands down it Is one of the easiest ways to feed a sativa.
I would go ahead and top dress with some chicken poo And some casting. And if you have any fishbone meal that stuff is great too.
You can use anything you’re used to for a top dressing with A third of the amount you would normally use unless using chicken poo.

That will most definitely Prevent flowering If it’s close enough, But it does look like the plants are flowering. I think we’ll be seeing some flowering
action in the next couple weeks.

The first rule of spikes is To make sure the spike is there before the roots are. Spikes will Cook your roots. The dowel you use for your spike should be sized for your container. I don’t use spikes until the flowering container, So I use a half inch dowel. If you are using smaller containers maybe use a three eighths dowel, Or don’t make so many spikes. You don’t want four half inch massive spikes and a little one gallon container.
Spikes are done at transplant time. After you are done transplanting your plant, drive a dowel nearly to the bottom of the container A 1/2 inch in from the edges of the new container And hopefully, at least an inch from the edge of your old one. Put spikes In u to 4 separate locations. You can vary what you put in them. You can make a couple that are high nitrogen( blood meal/ high n bat guano) and a couple that are high phosphorus, Or you can mix them up. Don’t forget some kelp meal for K.
You can use various organic sources for Your spikes. Sometimes I use bonemeal knowing that it will not be available for this particular plant. But since I recycle, it will be available for the next one.
For quick bonemeal use steamed bonemeal.
Fishbone meal is great. Bat guano. Blood meal, chicken poo.
Sometimes I just use happy frog 555 or 584… There is no wrong way to do it. Cover the top of your spikes with dirt to keep nutes in place. Spikes work so well because the roots do not have to live in a zone that has lots of food. They just simply tap into the food source if they want to and do not if they don’t want to. Spread the spikes out to the 4 corners of your Container.
While the dowel is in the soil, wiggle it, just a little bit(:rofl:) So the soil gets pushed to the edges of the hole and does not fall in and fill your hole. Moist soil is best for this reason. Remove the dowel, Grab a handful of fertilizer and fill your hole to the top or nearly so. A small funnel works well If you don’t want to use your hand. Cover with a little soil. Mulch. Water normally.

8 Likes

I use cleaning vinegar 6% and cut 1/2 with water for cleaning

There are dust on everything bugs crave and use to lay their microscopic eggs in Vinegar kills them and keeps them back

The diatomascauous earth is a powder…apply it to the soil edges by stem and edge of pot

Any bug gets in contact with it dies and also will bring back to the hive

…use in the cracks and crevices around my place to keep them out in the first place

If you do an indoor room…Clean everything with vinegar and then diatomascauous earth in every crack crevice and by the doors around the edges of pots

Just our dust and lint…harmless lint! not if some insectazoids have laid their eggs in there!

Plants are like and amusement park for bugs…Dont wait for infestations

Outdoors is 10 x better if you can do it…That’s going to be a heck of a plant

I think its more likely to picking up on Nitrogen its processing…Worm castings is a good buffer…It will shift over to flower but I bet its using up unspent Nitrogen

Its better with Nitrogen to have something in a tea that when its gone its gone

Nitrogen can break down slowly and release when you are trying to flower…

If you do give some phosphorus might want to buffer with worm castings tea

6 Likes

I think Chicken manure is one best outdoor ferts but still too high in Nitrogen

I would try something in a high Phosphorous tea … moving toward flower…will get in there fast and start working with wormcastings tea might turn it…

Its that high Nitrogen that breaks down over time and starts vegetative re-growth

2 Likes

Love these earth box concept!

I do something similar just use big clay pots with lava rocks in the bottom

1 Like

I keep forgetting to spread d e. Going to do it tonight

2 Likes

bugs are up and out everywhere…

I was out last nite walkin’ along 10pm in the dark…by some trees near the larger forest but its really in a grassy field…

I stop to check out this huge black boulder…Its granite with quartz crystals running thru it and I’m using my headlamp in my hand looking around and these crystals are so cool with the black rock…

Praying mantis…huge brown… Its insectazoidal beady eyes on me…It must have been enjoying the slow release heat from this rock it occurs to me now

Since things shifted about a month ago with rains finally coming in…Insects are ragin’

I cant go in the woods really…Dont forget to ‘shake well’ if you use organic bug dope like me…because otherwise it smells like something… but wont do a damn thing for a mosquito

4 Likes

I was just watering and a mosquito from Jurassic Park tried to eat me.

5 Likes

Nope. Don’t know much more than what I’m reading here.

This is a good way to get Nitrogen if you want to make tea and give it growth boost without any negative effects from slow digested organics Its there as tea then gone when you dont need it during flower

High Phosphorus Bat Guano
https://www.growgeneration.com/sunleaves-jamaican-natural-fertilizer-0-10-0-40-lb.html?dfw_tracker=154258-8971&utm_campaign=Std-Shopping-Nutrients-Sol8_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=654634519146&utm_term=&adgroupid={adgroupid&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-fqyiJmXgQMVNiazAB1SfwuIEAQYASABEgKFifD_BwE

Worm castings
https://www.planetnatural.com/worm-castings-benefits/

This page teaches the organic soil mix theory of guanos and teas Organics for beginners @ Icmag This is really from Overgrow of old!

Sativas and if going 12/12 from seed…most of these mixes need to be tilted to the Phosphorus side

Sativas, real ones like this we hardly ever meet…they need lot less Nitrogen

These are impressive Sativas and sturdy in northern climates…but these are going to be more sensitive to whatever they are digesting under there You may be getting silverside style plants

Cryptic made IBL pearl pheno line…that must be in there somewhat consistently

That’s really a good find.Still cant believe you knew to save it… Its going to be some out of control seeming plants but they are worth it or he wouldnt have made and IBL out of it

2 Likes

These are Oaxacan x C5, from @santero

In this pic the Oaxacan x C5 is front/left. Raspberry Haze back/right

I put them in the ground a couple weeks ago. Still settling in. They’ll might get pretty big

11 Likes

Is it an ibl? I found a couple shorties in there…but all the tall plants were Pearl stem phenos.

5 Likes

It’s pretty balanced and time release in pellet form. I never had N overdose with it for Sativas ( I always following the directions). They seem to like it. Good P and K #'s as well. 8% calcium.

3 Likes

Well, if its working its working…I like the spike technic

No, Im talking about a specil line he came out with pearl pheno line Limited packs offered

… regular standard packs of Oaxaca Gold were freebies w/ Guerrero seeds

It was on proseeds he offered that pearl IBL line…It slipped my mind to go back there…last year…or 2 years ago?

Maybe once he sees these plants he will re-release and the standard Oaxaca Gold line also

Have you talked to Cryptic much or… aka mystic funk?

He would very much like to see some of this I would think!

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s exactly my point … even the standard regular packs are full of these!

The IBL line is something special he had only few packs to offer @ the time

Its not a freak plant It is just how it grows …I knew it was good authentic line from few people that were growing it…but its really good to see so many folks with consistent result

That’s great thing about it!

3 Likes

@HumblePie420 gave me a pack. I grew it last year i think, to make some seeds I passed around here. There were a couple shorty plants still in the line, like in the regular pack, the difference being that the tall plants were all pearls and the regular pack had tall spear and other tall phenos. Smells were the highlight of PS Oaxaca. Epic smells. I really didn’t get much to smoke. I grew small plants mostly for seed. One thing with the real beady plants(spaces between “beads”) is that you need some size to them for any yield. Lots of tops.
I talked to Mystic about Oaxaca and he said he was done with it and moving on to something else. That it was out there in the community now. I told him to reconsider. Maybe someday he will. For now he is into other goodies. I’m looking forward to them😁. One is a pure Southern Mexican that will be a new one for all of us. I know he got plants to grow and I’m pretty sure he made seed.

I’m sure he has. He knows about the thread. There is a part one to this thread, too. I grew my first Oaxaca’s in it a few years ago this winter.

8 Likes

Speaking of Oaxaca, I’m not sure how much longer I can keep mine happy in a 1 gallon. In fact happy is kind of relative right now.
Flower cycle lighting for a month now, I think I’m gonna bump it up a pot size this weekend.

8 Likes

Yeah, that sounds good…Do you have any pics of that one

…part one of this thread

Theres nice photos of Oaxaca 12 fingers

3 Likes

I bumped up this thread so y’all can check out this pearl pheno “football”

Very Interesting!
Dropped oaxacan into a shot glass - #90 by Upstate

3 Likes