The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Oaxaca Peshawar ( most likely). Cuttings taken. Tonight they’ll likely die😪 At 12 feet I can’t get them in my room, and obviously if I could, I’d fit nothing else in there.
Something special gets germinated soon…

18 Likes

I’m doing desperate things too. lol

16 Likes

You mean like the Freakers? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

12 Likes

I was gonna say that, lol. We’re always looking for new members.
@GREANDAL that should do. Just gotta make 2 more nights I think. Then a warm up, however brief.

7 Likes

Got a pump house heater in there. I was out there for two hours getting that monster covered. Temp dropped 20° while I did it. Truly motivational.

5 Likes

@GregOG , @GREANDAL, and @US3RNAM3 this is all so encouraging to see being discussed, the idea of a group collective type regenerative agricultural project with significant emphasis and focus on various aspects of cannabis seems totally achievable.

I think the community here at Overgrow touches on a vein of our antiquated past as culture and community. That of a gift economy. It’s observable what can be achieved with the co-ops and other seed increase groups, how bountiful the collective power of many with a shared goal can be. I really enjoy seeing these types of conversations and discussions going on and appreciate the mental stimulation in that regard. Much love

7 Likes

Which does support the value of anonymity, as we’re certainly anathema to the seed pimps.

5 Likes

Still has that cedar and pine smell with stem rub. Also can feel “grit or stand” along stem and can see resin build up.

My oaxacan x red snake has no more white hairs and is frosty looking would that make her close? Actually seeing amber on buds. Any thoughts?
Is that snow @upstate ?

8 Likes

Don’t be afraid to take some early!

4 Likes

Purple Satellite budcicle. Smells cherry and minty fruit delicious. :slight_smile:

32 Likes

Those look frosty like frozen frosty.lol :+1:

6 Likes

Bottle brush of joy! How does it smoke?

6 Likes

Snow buds are always impressive. Those are some hardy plants.

4 Likes

Yeah she looks unhappy but alright today. Fortunately the sun came out for the afternoon so she got some photons. As long as I can keep her turgid she’ll make it a few more days. She’s grown into the ground with a stalk bigger than my forearm and there’s no way the ground is going to freeze. The other Viet was unphased but it has a real enclosure. Makes one wonder about distant origins. Interesting how some Indians and Nepalese as well as the feral looking Mexicans can handle that kind of cold. High altitude strains rather than coastal and commercial Colombians.

5 Likes

But how many do expect to sell at $300-$500 per 10 anyway? You guarantee this will happen with prices like that.

1 Like

Hehe, not sure. I just cut it down this afternoon. :wink:

2 Likes

I thought maybe you’d had one already. LOL

1 Like

We already have an amazing collective right here, right now. I know I speak for many here when I say that I grow for the love of it. I grow this plant for fun and to enjoy the fruits of my labor. I only give it away to friends and family, never sell. I like to share seeds with anyone who wants them and will become a caretaker of the next generations. I like to share what little knowledge that I have and I really enjoy learning as much as I can about growing, and by extension agriculture in general.

People who are trying to profit will always be there, but that is their foolishness. And I promise you, despite the high prices, very few people are making much money in the seed biz considering the incredible amount of bullshit involved. Just my opinion. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Well-said Sir! If only there was a way to try every landrace in one season as opposed to 10-30 seasons over time :grin:

8 Likes

I tend to agree with that, likeminded folks are gathering here and in the landrace thread and getting acquainted. There is no substitute for time in relationships.

I would say very few growers are making any money out of their seeds as opposed to merchants.

13 Likes