The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

LOL, exactly!

2 Likes

Thanks @Sbeanonnamellow
This group of growers on OG are great mentoring friends and family. :100::dove:

Down to 20 last night. 2 nights in a row below freezing. The Kanak Balochistan did better in 20 than the Kanak Balochistan x Maple Leaf . But it didnā€™t die either.

I left some buds on the plants to test for cold.
At 33 degrees In the rain when harvesting, I thought it was getting bigger and looked like it wouldnā€™t get damaged from 28 degrees had I left them.
KB

KML

I got the Oaxacan Gold pulled at 33 degrees, test seed was perfectly done. Super frosty it was and smelled evergreen. Had a slight mango early. The other Oaxacan Gold had a great strong Evergreen smell.

One here. I didnā€™t have time for the harvest video and pics. Looks to be the last pic I took of one.

And this the last close up

This one was the last day I took a daytime shot.
About 2 weeks ago all the pics of OG.
It was raining at harvest time and only got the KML on video for harvest. I had to move fast lol

34 Likes

Smashing resultā€¦.I grew LHS Panama Haze few years ago.

Great smokeā€¦with a mean hit.mixed with Lebaneseā€¦be a great ride.

Enjoy

P J

5 Likes

Goodness me those Oxacan gold fotos are. Beautiful

Very Xmas tree ā€¦and that Colaā€¦Super

P j

6 Likes

That Oaxacan gold is stunning, very nice cola on her.:clap:

9 Likes

Truly those Oaxacans look perfect. Iā€™m jealous. LOL

8 Likes

Iā€™d harvest myself. She looks done.
Yeah, thatā€™s snow. More of that wierd popcorn type like ski resorts make.

2 Likes

Beautiful pictures! Oaxaca is special, for sure. Canā€™t wait for you to smoke it. What color resin at harvest?

2 Likes

The magic phrase Iā€™ve been waiting for yay! Pssst I already cut a branch about 20 mins ago lol.
First 3 string of pearls then ancestral Hash Plant

Middle one is Oaxacan clone and you can see the new set of white pistils. Hopefully I can finish her outside cause I ainā€™t got much inside.lol

21 Likes

Question about my oaxacan string of pearls. I hit her with some pollen but idk if took. Would I be better off finding a few lower branches to clone/reveg or wait to leave a little after harvest and try to reveg that way? Of course I took a bunch of clones just not from this plant as I thought it was a Peshawar lol.

4 Likes

You could do both

The reveg keeps the taproot intact

Clones are new material ā€¦also good

3 Likes

To my surprise it had milky and mature trichomes all over them. I think it can finish 12 weeks outdoors. I planted it July 4th. It got near 8 feet tall. I cut them at 33 degrees. They did excellent outdoors. Great septoria resistance, PM resistance, great cold resistance too. Never had to worry about the wind breaking anything.

Canā€™t wait for the final results. Iā€™ve got them in a very cold dark room drying. It will takes months before I get to try it lol.

Sativa could take 6 months for it to be perfect.
I can pluck a bud straight from the plant in a long cold dry/cure and it smokes perfectā€¦ It remains wet feeling at that point it seems, like it was just harvested the stickiness and feel. Then itā€™s super strong and super slow burning the effect.

The dips in nighttime and daytime temperatures dry and sweat it our nicely for 3 months or longer, I hang the whole plant.

11 Likes

Reveg is easy with these, Or pollinating late is fine too. Seeds can be hard to spot with the pearl phenos. They are tiny.

You better get yourself a harvest samplešŸ˜. These Oaxaca are special and smoke awesome right when you pick them. Some of them donā€™t even get much better with a cure, Just a little smoother smoking.
Smoke report! Smoke report!

5 Likes

Greg, that plant is freaking gorgeous! Which Oaxacan is this again?

5 Likes

@TexasTea Itā€™s cryptic labs Oaxaca. Looks like the same pheno you got. Canā€™t beat the sun!

8 Likes

Sun would certainly be nice, but my outdoor stuff never gets more than an hour a day of direct sun here in the woodsā€¦and this year it rained most of the summer. :frowning:

9 Likes

Rack one up for Mother Nature! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This year my outdoors stuff didnā€™t see more than an hour of sun per dayā€¦in a wide open space lol. What a soaker. Goodbye and good riddance! I hope this isnā€™t our new weather pattern forming.
Lucky for you, youā€™re a good indoor grower. Me? Not so muchšŸ˜

1 Like

The 12 foot Oaxaca and my dog died today( couple more hours):cry: I canā€™t take anymore time off to be with him, and Iā€™m feeling awful about it. RIP Carson.

38 Likes

Oh Iā€™m so sorry to hear that @Upstate thatā€™s terrible news. Fine looking fellow.

3 Likes