The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Punto rojo CBG , f3

28 Likes

Makes me want to install another shower in my house, then convert it into a grow room.:+1:t2:

8 Likes

Hereā€™s the new Mexican strains. Chiapas Purple with the wider leaves and Guadalajara pictured next. Iā€™d be lying if I said the chubby Chiapas leaves didnā€™t concern me at allā€¦
Hoping thatā€™s just from high elevation life. Wouldnā€™t be the first time Iā€™ve seen a Sativa looking like this. Similar to how a Himalayan looks when young actually. Elevations exceed 10,000 feet in Chiapas.

And finally. A "traditional Oaxaca: next to a Guadalajara. Hmmm. See any resemblance? Iā€™m positive I didnā€™t mix them up.

19 Likes

Exactly one month in. My Red Snake:

Theyā€™re already competing for space. These Pearl Stem in a 7 gallon have a little more space:

15 Likes

Looking great so far @rasterman, just cruising right along. Nice growth in just a week for those Red Snake. Did you end up culling the runt?

4 Likes

No, but I might end up moving it to its own pot. I am curious about how different it is to the others. Thanks again @deeez99 for the seeds! Theyā€™re at least a month from their slot in the tent but I canā€™t wait!

3 Likes

So after a 8 wk cure your oaxacan x red snake is one of my favorite smokes! The buds cured to a nice goldish color. Wish I wouldā€™ve planted more lol.
@upstate the Peshawar has mellowed a lot with cure. Still has the get stuff done feel but not the anxiousness that came with the racer uncured.

10 Likes

They could be clones. Is the traditional Oaxaca from the Cryptic Labs line? Excited to see what these new Mexican cultivars have to show!

5 Likes

Youā€™re most welcome @rasterman, appreciate you sharing pics!

Thatā€™s always great to hear :smiley: Really glad youā€™re enjoying it.

6 Likes

So my cryptic labs oaxacan has taken pollenation very well! 41 days into flower and looks like I could run another round of pollen for more seeds with all these new pistils! @upstate is that a good idea or just run with whatā€™s hit already.

16 Likes

Thank Alot All You Do OGers ,lots of saving good old open pollinated seeds ,heirlooms ,landraces with so much more ā€¦the OverGrow Ways. @420noob thanks for Tips ,cryptic labs oaxacan IM hip to them genes hopefully a phenotype ,to our chosen genes ,always a good pile of year old compostā€¦
Overgrow The World with stable open pollinated Genes. Big Boys ,justanotheroldfart1970ā€¦Peace.

5 Likes

I havenā€™t gotten to have any straight Central American landraces or heirlooms but I do have these crosses! Iā€™ve been wanting to try a pure Grinspoon forever now but Iā€™m excited for these once I can get to them

4 Likes

I did a fair amount of research on Kobyā€™s before I pulled the trigger and couldnā€™t find alot, but what I did find was solid despite some brutal mark ups on his packs. But, it was noted that what he offers is often a rarity, hybrids from original lines and legit clone only copies; all that have chimed in report finding one worth keeping. I try to catch it on sale. I will say I really like his choices in crossing, seems well thought out.

5 Likes

Heā€™s expensive, thatā€™s for sure. There is a Santa Marta group grow going on right now as a matter of fact. Looking good so far.

6 Likes

No, these are from another source. I got the last of all three of these from ā€¦( drum roll) pantagruelion.
The traditional Oaxaca I only got 2 seeds to pop out of 7. (They were all gifts and Iā€™m definitely not complaining) but the one plant sure looks like Guadalajara. Iā€™m thinking a couple seeds were accidentally mislabled, Or I was getting into the Oaxaca while I was planting itšŸ¤£. I really donā€™t think I could have screwed up such an important thing as the identity of my seedlingsā€¦but that photo says it all. They really could be twins. As you know, Iā€™m quite happy with my cryptic labs " traditional" Oaxaca, so if itā€™s another Guadalajara plant, thatā€™s not a bad thing. Hopefully as the plants grow a little bit more they will show some
more differences.
@420noob I see a nice amount of seeds :ok_hand:. Thereā€™s room for more if youā€™d like. She can handle it.
Glad ( sort of lol.) that Peshawar calmed down a bit for you. Me? Iā€™ll be freezing my Peshawar buds if they are speedy so they stay that way lol.

9 Likes

For $30 a seed, all plants are keepers lol.

9 Likes

Is that the group buy pack growing out? I saw some activity after I posted about Kobyā€™s but not sure if it ever kicked off. I have a pack still waiting. Might hold until this summer. Last year I started flowering a long sativa indoors for a few months before putting her outside late summer and she finished up nicely before the rains with a bumper yield. Be nice to see how long these plants take to finish indeed.

5 Likes

Yes, itā€™s the group buy Santa Marta repro. Coming along nicely. Plants are stretchy. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they are real long flowering the way they look now.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s great to hear! Thanks

4 Likes

Yeah, great!

make sure post a link in here when you get a thread up

2 Likes