The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

I think we were all worried about our brother Greandal, seeds come and go, they are important, but secondary at the end of the day, our brothers will always be much more important. How good you are well brother @greandal. many of us have missed you since November

10 Likes

some smaller punto rojo cbg, but that are part of the same reproduction, I hope to get a lot of seeds and select the best pheno. There were few seeds, but the good thing is that they were seeds of four different phenotypes.

18 Likes

Those Cryptic Pearl stems were from long ago…

Upstate just found a pack!

4 Likes

Mostly cloudy, some amber. That is how I try to take most things.

5 Likes

That’s really Epic cache Love to see those grown out in a big tall room or something…

Tha’s some interesting Oaxaca news…Spear pheno

Oaxaca good one to keep working worth it

Strurdy plants with these vintage phenos

5 Likes

So my Oaxacan string of pearls pheno seems to be no good. Super harsh, tastes bad and little to no high. 2 month cure jars were at 62%rh. Thinking hash or edibles might have good cbd maybe? So I decided that running the same clone isn’t the way to go with this cut so dropped 3 more Oaxacan seeds @upstate

9 Likes

:christmas_tree:… these lights are great because no fans and small powerful but only 100 watts…cob led

The plants grow around them! Above them…And its good spectum to tolerate as a human being…

This is what Im talking about.Hempy mcnoodle grew the acapulco gold from snowhigh with Optics 1 XL

If you need to run lanky plants indoors…might come in handy :smile:

13 Likes

Sold out a couple years ago. @HumblePie420 gave me a pack + so whatever is left of those seeds is what I have for a run… of original seed. I can toss in a few of the f2’s. I ran it 2 winters ago and made some seeds and passed some packs out. I definitely didn’t grow them to their potential, so they were rather skimpy and no worthy pictures. However, the smells and flavors were delicious and memorable. Epic even. I set aside seeds from my
favorite to isolate it I liked it so much. It’s not something you’d want to grow to fill jars, but it is a grow you’d never forget. There are spaces between calyxes and the gaps can be big, but some phenos have pearls closer together. Come to think of it, I think this crazy plant in the whatzit thread could be a PS Oaxaca. I hadn’t considered that possibility at the time. @Jimdoors grew it. Crazy plant with thin tentacle buds… one of the coolest plants i ever saw. Just about All PS plants are spider man style
growers with numerous thin branches.

10 Likes

I thought you had that crappy pheno. Sorry brother. Those ridges on the calyxes are the telltale sign you might have one. I’m pretty sure it came from a particularly sparse male I got during my original op. Here’s the one( female) I got from his input. Definitely a feral plant imo but I still appreciate that it was found in the line. Tough and durable genes.

Some pearl stems grow similar but 90% are really potent with somewhat less branching. Like Old Silversides

15 Likes

i’ve read about some people recommending sativas taking minimum 6 months cure, if not longer for taste & potential to emerge, no guarantees ofcourse. What light intensity/schedule were you using for em during flower?

3 Likes

Purple Malawi was best at a year old. Wasn’t any good til a 6 months cure. Then it was great. Can’t think of one that took longer.
That Oaxaca pheno though…no hope I don’t think. It’s been eliminated from the line now.

6 Likes

Corinto expertly grown by @GREANDAL. Looking forward to a full smoke report😁

Part of a group purchase.

19 Likes

https://overgrow.com/t/re-the-central-american-landrace-and-heirloom-thread-corinto-and-colombian-gold-group-purchase/97808/1481?u=panamajock

@GREANDAL ,s Corinto grow pics

Ok @Upstate ive cross posted for you.

P J

1 Like

Curious what sort of scents/aromas were on that one, eagerly awaiting that review as well

2 Likes

Ooh, Corinto is my fav obtainable strain. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more!

Is that link to a private thread or something? I can’t seem to access it.

3 Likes

Outside desert.

Also was told when it was growing don’t bother cloning or revegging. I mean there is about 3% high but the horrible taste, sore throat, and ya no maybe has or good cbd. @upstate called it before I even harvested.

1 Like

I grew several Zacateca girls last harvest they were hardy and provided nice long budz. About half went male. I crossed them with Baja Blast pollen to see what it will taste like. will be planting them this grow.

I am growing BSHW now, crossed one of them with Powie Wowie (Maui Wowie x GDP/PurpUrkle) for a stony well rounded flavor. Will have towait until Spring grow to see what that tastes like.

25 Likes

:laughing:Lookin’ good!!

2 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone grow this yet on any forum, but here is the Acapulco Gold BC1 at F46 after a 44 day veg. Could be another 4 or 5 weeks before being ready. Smells of honey and carrots, and is running a bit faster than i expected despite taking a while to start flowering.

32 Likes

@Papalag

Pheno 1

Am Haze x choc rain ( Escobar repro)

Same time as Pheno 2 …13 in flower.

Completely different from its sisters, tall wispy plant, more light in colour …with the feather like plumes at the crown, ye amazing difference.

She is coming to the end now and the weight of the buds ripening is forcing them drop…ye she s ripe for harvest.

P J

29 Likes