The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Elevation plays major role The angle of the sun Oaxaca unique spot…

How long do you generally veg these Oaxaca? @Upstate

3 Likes

No more than 3 weeks @herbgreen. The three weeks allows for better plant development. It’s quite possible all I need to do is increase container size a little quicker than I have been for the same thing to happen at twelve twelve from seed :thinking:. May need no veg to fully develop. Easy to get overgrown with this one though. So far I’ve played it safe.

8 Likes

Greetings YouAll OG peeps , in the interest of breeding open pollinated weed , herb. Ganga, So say , The Rebirth Of Subcool: The Inside Story Of A Legendary Bud Breeder
Subcool supposedly is grow some central American genes , hopes he can share an share alike with many open pollinated organic s Herbs the old school , carbon sesquation, if you please the best we can create. Seedsavers , collections , of true breeding conversations, thanks For Sharing All You Do Very Fine Sir @Subcool , I hope you don’t object. Pardon me , Peace …happy growers…
OVERGROW THE WORLD with Green Plants Herbs…

5 Likes

Sadly, Subcool left us and passed away on Feb 1 2020 if I’m not mistaken on the date @calman1955

I learned a lot from him and his genetics and will always cherish those days long before the fire and his divorce with Mz Jill.

As Subcool used to say at the end of his Weednerd episodes on YouTube…

Have a Dank Day!

4 Likes

Thanks You So Much @Weednerd.Anthony , tyvm. Appreciate the info sad but true, I followed him here Ogers , as in organics carbon sesquation , building essentially coral reef gardens balanced AB Mycellium, bacteria neutral or alive with Live Soil. FEED THE SOIL …
Here on OG I learned Sativa is not the only Herbs. Weed to get high. Thanks youAll teaching BOG KUSH pure Indica. imaoldfartftomseventiesfreakyherbs …Bubba kush op . indica. As yet to acclimate. Achieve some good genes…
Peace are and Happy Growers…
OverGrow The World

3 Likes

I don’t mind a few seeds. I either save them or eat them, and they rarely go to waste. But too many seeds really sucks if you’re planning to smoke it.

6 Likes

Guadalajara coming along. Looking Sativa to my eye. Chiapas have chubby leaves, but the plants are uniform. Either an f1 hybrid or @Elchischas perhaps the Chiapas weed has been grown at very high elevation, or even descends from something broader leaf? Looks a bit like yours…
What would be the odds of you and I both finding different f1 hybrids from Chiapas? If I missed the pure version by just one generation I’ll cry. The fact that your plants are looking similar gives me hope that we’ve stumbled upon a unique pure Chiapas genepool. :pray: If the plants look like this generation the next generation, that will be a good sign it isn’t a couple f1 hybrids we are dealing with.
Guadalajara then Chiapas

16 Likes

I would be interested in growing out some pearl pheno oaxacan, if available.

6 Likes

When I was younger I would throw them in a pan with butter and make “potcorn” It made teenie weenie little popped kernels.
It was more fun to make them than to eat them, but they were pretty good for miniature food.

5 Likes

:boom::anger::boom::anger::100:! Potcorn! Wow! With weed butter​:partying_face:
@BobbyBudz
It really pops? I had never considered that perhaps other grains will pop. I wonder why only popcorn has been done commercially?

2 Likes

I believe it has mostly to do with seed shell thickness and starch content. It may be something other than starch content but that’s what’s coming to mind. The shell needs to be thick enough to withstand the process and the amount of starch determines it’s eventual volume.

3 Likes

You want to make some PS seeds to spread around? No need to go crazy, but a branch or 2 of seed per plant would do nicely :wink:

9 Likes

I am a seed making fool! I tend to go crazy.

9 Likes

@DainIronFoot Crazy is appreciated😄. When do you want to get started? There are 7 original seeds and I can send some from my preservation. How many plants do you want?

10 Likes

I can make room for 4 if that is ok. Thank you in advance.

6 Likes

Ok. The 7 should do then. Double pot if you get extra😁
Shoot me an address

8 Likes

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Yes, yes it does. Would take a shitload of seeds to get full, they are tiny popcorns.

2 Likes

@DainIronFoot No, please go crazy!! Seriously! :partying_face: :rofl:

7 Likes

Got 3 of @upstate Oaxacan dropped let’s see what we get! Hopefully females since still inside growing.

15 Likes