The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

Anybody have experience with Cannabiogen’s Jarilla Sinaloa?

2 Likes

No but I love how this sounds like a threat! :rofl:

4 Likes

User Sinaloa has some amazing photos from the lawless areas of Mexico. He is the source of those seeds as far as I am aware.

I don’t think he is cartel, but in that part of the world the cartel serves as a de facto government. It is hard to say who is a “member”. He has some amazing threads that can be a little hard to find. He is on the old IC.

52 Likes

It’s great to see this collective effort towards american autochthonous varieties, sharing information about them, first hand growing experiences and preserving the genetics. looking foward to what will come in this second part.

@PineTarBastard
had you grown the ace’s guatemala once? (if so, did you keep any photo?)

@Upstate
I can’t tell it from first hand experience. I was just wondering if they are from different lines or sources (from different places of guatemala). just notice some difference in flowering time (11-13 weeks to ace’s one and 14-16 weeks in cbg’s). and some differences in the flower structure (through some few photos I found) . not a big deal, just for curiosity

7 Likes

@josuejcas No, I’ve never grown the Guatemala. This was my first year of growing pure Sativas. I’m hooked. :grinning:

7 Likes

Ok.5k posts

2023 ,I’m sure we can hit 6 K

I got a few things in bud just now, but running out of room.
Well impressed withe the Acapulco gold …so far.

Edit I forgot @Tejas ,s POC …four weeks two days since germ…there coming on great as well.

P J

28 Likes

I’m not able to reply to your previous question but I have not grown out either Guatemalan.

The Ace description stated that their seeds were “collected from an indigenous village in the heart of the Guatemalan jungle.” But dubi states that he’s unsure of the exact point of origin and that he lost contact from the person he acquired them from. It is the same contact which Ace acquired their Honduras from also.

Regarding the Quetzalita, I read on icmag someone’s translation from the CBG forums that the Quetzalita was from the Livingston area in Guatemala.

@Panamajock Great looking garden over there!

12 Likes

Makes perfect sense…Livingston is home to the Garfuna,Afro Caribbean and Mayan people.

On the bay of Honduras
Getting a lot of tourism now…be the place to look if your looking for Landraces. It’s on my bucket list!

P J

12 Likes

I am interested in seeing how these perform outdoors versus indoors. Thanks for the update.

5 Likes

Been good plants from the beginning.
I just re-potted them this morning…a mix of worm compost and coir…sprinkled with Vermiculite.

Ye coming up to 5 weeks…I keep them in veg till at least 8 weeks, be space in the greenhouse then when the Colombians are chopped.
I’m interested to see how they like Equitorial at high altitude…all the others have…

Ye so far so good amigo.

P J

7 Likes

When I did flip them after a 60 day veg, they stretched 3 times. Here is a picture for reference

22 Likes

Amazing following this thread part 2 and can’t wait to grow some of these beauty’s. Hybridization has made it so I don’t care for what they call “sativa’s” in dispensaries but true genetic sativa’s sound amazing. Thanks to you all I think you have convinced me to try the real deal.

8 Likes

She is a smasher.

Just one ?

I’ve given the plants a root feed when re-potting.

Did you utilize nutes or are they typical Sativas…not necessary.

TIA

2 Likes

There were four in the seed run. The only nutes they got was a small hand full of organic 4-4-4 in the bottom of the container when I transplanted to the next size container. Top dressed with worm castings. Cal/mag because they were run under LEDs. Other than that, they were pretty easy.

7 Likes

Lovely fotos…I get it.

los campesinos son gente hermosa

Regards

P J

Vivar la vida

P J

1 Like

The quetzal is the currency of Guatemala, named after the national bird of Guatemala.
Quetzalita = little Quetzal

17 Likes

Here you go, everyone, thanks for the tip @Motaco !

14 Likes

Punta Cometa Oaxacan purple pheno. This was a very funny runt plant and probably not the best example of the cultivar. I would like to try this line again…smells musky. I’m going to chop her today I think.

41 Likes

I gave my pack to Vermontman and he is growing them out this winter. Not sure how they are doing.

Here’s Purple Michoacan heirloom x Oaxacan Gold purple pheno from Vermontman. Colorful but very stretchy.

43 Likes

Atleast they’re in good hands !!!

Curious to hear how the Michoacan heirloom x Oaxacan gold will evolve for you. Any scents emanating off 'em yet?

9 Likes