The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

You probably noticed that Satva has been working this line extensively during the past decade? I bet you can find his notes on Icmag.

A friend of mine is diving deep into the gold expressions of Satva’s P5/6. The way he sees it is that there is magic to be found, but you need to dive deep. He reckons about 5% has a phenomenal high.

I have one cutting of his and the euphoria waves are something else, but it has an unsettling side to it as well. Maybe I need to grow her better, maybe we need to keep searching. I tried reversing her twice now, to no avail. But I won’t give up just yet. She’s in the 18-20weeks ballpark.

9 Likes

Cryptic Pearly Stems are steaming along. The stinky girl still smells like sweet tarts and is heavily seeded with Red Snake and Cryptic pollen. This is the one with less aroma and is bulking up a bit compared to her sister. Plants are huge! @deeez99

26 Likes

Satva’s documentation is part of what piqued my interest in the first place and raised my awareness of Cannabiogen work with landrace lines. Definitely magick in this line!!!

What are the scents/aromas your buddy has found in that gold p5/p6 gens? Also curious to hear about the profile of the cutting you’ve been working with?

2 Likes

Absolutely love Destroyer!

2 Likes

100% agree with @Upstate! On both points :laughing:

@Arbac beautiful looking punto rojo! I’ve also heard of coca cola smells but have yet to experience it, sounds interesting.

Awesome can’t wait to see what you find @420noob!

@cannabrainer Looking forward to watching your Destroyer project. I have a few beans I could send your way also if you’d like to add another source. They are from CBG and reproduced by Colorado Sativas.

@Panamajock loving those Nanans! If I calculated correctly I think YBD’s went about 13 weeks.

Thank you @mexcurandero420! Really enjoying the high on this one.

Great job with the all star @Som. I actually didn’t think the plants looked that ugly but I guess that says quite a bit about my plants that I tend not to show :grimacing:

Never get tired of seeing those resin coated plants. I’m quite jealous of you and @rasterman as I’ve grown a few and haven’t found that particular one yet.

Probably one of my favorite reads with regards to smoke reports :ok_hand:

11 Likes

Well my one females from the first batch of Oaxacan ps bx is not a ps but I’m still digging her and she has a nice sweet incense like smell, pretty subtle right now though.

This one below is Oaxaca crossed to a Honduras x Panama Red male. The Honduras x Panama is from Energenetics which they named Tropical Red and I grew a couple males 2 years ago that were really nice looking NLD plants. The Honduras they stated as sourced from Ace but the Panama shows from a “private collector”.

33 Likes

Destroyer sounds amazing!
@TexasTea beautiful plants sop pheno looking good.
@deeez99 looking good as always as well.

8 Likes

Her terps share a lot of similarities with Seedsman/Golli Original Haze.

Difficult to pinpoint. Satva does a better job than me on that front.

Dried product: I first smell a bit of carrot leaf, then a much higher tone, fresher, which I think is what MadMac refers to as Vicks Vapor rub. First thought is lemony, but it is not that. It is a smell that has a freshness and the ‘high notes’ the same way as a citrus peel does, don’t know how to describe it better.
The whole experiences has also something woody/aged thing going on. A bit like good tobacco can have.

As plant she has a metal stem rub phase.

11 Likes

Gorgeous “PS” Oaxaca. You better clone that😁. What week of flower? Around week 10? I haven’t seen that pheno yet. @DainIronFoot, check it out. (He’s running PS Oaxaca for the Freakers.)
@TexasTea beautiful! What I called the Pine pheno, first op, but the buds look kinda similar to Old Silversides type… sort of an intermediate pheno. It’s potency will be great.
@deeez99 I like the look of that hybrid you made. Pretty buds.

10 Likes

Guadalajara week 10 I think.

The smell is epic. The smell I’d been breeding for in one of my old Blueberry x Coyote lines ( Coyote candy)
I’m definitely dancing with a relative of what DJ used in Blueberry. The smell is an exact match. :heart_eyes:

27 Likes

That looks Hermosa,
Looks like a top plant.and your description is. Informative.

Sterling job.

P J

7 Likes

@Upstate

How about this, another cacti coming into flower,same as the one a year ago.

14/15 years in veg…the spikes are all dying now and the Alien penis is growing daily.

It will keep growing to 3–4 mtres ,then branch out and scatter hundreds of little plants over the niebour hood.

I know I’m off topic …but it’s such a phenomenon I thought I would share.

P J

22 Likes

Man, Honduras cross looks so good. I bet it will be a great smoke.

The more I study these Oaxacan lines and crosses the more fun it is. I think the Pearly Cryptic x Red Snake will be a winner. I have seen hints of the pearly look in some of the best and more fragrant Red Snakes. If you told me this plant was the mother used in creating Red Snake I would totally believe you.

8 Likes

Looks like what we call a Century cactus.

3 Likes

Agave americana , commonly known as the century plant ,[5] maguey , or American aloe ,[6]is a flowering plant species belonging to the family Asparagaceae. It is native to Mexico and the United States, specifically Texas. This plant is widely cultivated worldwide for its ornamental value and has become naturalized in various regions, including Southern California, the West Indies, South America, the Mediterranean Basin, Africa, the Canary Islands, India, China, Thailand, and Australia.[7]

Thanks

P J

7 Likes

From what I have read it is a strain with a taste of thyme and citrus. May be somewhat affiliated with BSHW. Kagyu tells a story about a friend of his who used to have coffee every morning with Paul Kantner of the Jefferson Airplane (wonder how many people know what a JA is). Anyway Paul told him it was his favorite.

I sure would love to find some of those seeds.

4 Likes

Yahoo or otherwise called Wahoo or in Hawai’ian Ono swim at 60 mph and have a mouthful of razor blades for teeth. Electric colors when first pulled up. Great eating!

5 Likes

JA = roach clip?

Thats what ive recently heard too, it may the Mexi used in BSHW.
Jodrey brought back some epic Pakis and is doing his own BSHW redux project with the Oaxacan and his Paki, Id love to cross that with the Delores at some point in life.

5 Likes

They fight like F**k you need wire traces when trawling for these torpedoes…that one took about half a hour to land …exhausted I was.when the Tuna are about these guys aren’t far behind biting chunks out of them.
The Fishing in the Azuero peninsula in Panama is exellent…with top class boats etc…I prefer fishing with local captains in Pangas.

Ye great eating …that one was barbecued that night.li remember it well a highlight.

If you ever visit Panama let me know and I help you out with captains etc

P J

20 Likes

My early test of the two murdered for transgenderism went well. I crumbled both plants into a paper plate:

Admittedly unattractive but I used to smoke weed like that a lot when I was a teen. I wasn’t thinking about what it looked like - I was anticipating the effects.

Anyway, I stuffed the pipe and smoked most of the bowl. The high is very pleasant, with occasional waves of euphoria and bouts of yawning. But this was an early harvest. My takeaway is that they’re potent and pleasant. I kept clones of these and am running them again outside this summer. I’ll just keep an eye on them.

15 Likes