The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Again: The high is very pleasant. I keep thinking it’s wearing off, then it hits again. :boom: How can something that didn’t cost me anything be consistently good, when I can’t trust a seed I pay $24 for?

12 Likes

That would be an amazing outdoor stealth plant, imagine crossed to freakshow and selected for Oaxaca PS type with freakshow leaves - would look like an artemesia or a chenopodium, totally get away with a big patch of it in plain sight…

8 Likes

at 38 degrees N I picked mine in mid october if memory serves correctly :call_me_hand:

edit: stand corrected, they were ready by mid october but dealing with aphids made me harvest later than intended and with mold too boot :pouring_liquid:

7 Likes

JA is a paper match split to hold the roach. It is based on the local joke of No. Cal seceding from the state forming the new State of Jefferson.

So did he give up on his skunk thing?

6 Likes

@Wuachuma

The universe just told me you want to pop these now, and I approve😁

24 Likes

The waves of euphoria last a good 3 hours with some phenos…Basically all the tall stretchy plants have that long lasting euphoria coming in waves, and the shorter plants have a more psychedelic high that’s probably stronger in effect, but it doesn’t last quite as long and isn’t quite as clear. Both types are great in their own way.
The best part? Another toke or two and you’re right back in the clouds. Not many landraces can do that. Oaxaca is special. It makes me really happy seeing all of you get into these. Every time one of you grows your first oaxaca plant, I get that same excitement I had when i finally found it and grew it myself.

If it can finish for you, it’s invisible as it is now and just perfect in every way. From 10 feet no one has been able to find it when I play " find the pot plant" with friends and family.
I still think you better cross it with freakshow😁

It’s a fantastic plant in every way so far. It might take a year but I’ll be passing out some seeds of her grandkids. This time I needed some headstash.

9 Likes

Nice fish Jock, A lot nicer than anything you would get out of the Clyde or the Union canal!

4 Likes

Thanks guys

Ye I think looking at them today …10-12 weeks

P J

7 Likes

Been a bit, but a few bellezas in the garden at the moment:

1. Jalisco courtesy of brother @Pigeonman, beautiful and bulletproof lady with tons of vigor.

2. Mexican Red Hair Skunk from Classic Seeds via Alter Ego. Bred from brick he got in the 1980s and 1990s, I’m beyond stoked to be running a narcohybrid from the man himself. Making f2s with this girl and a male I’ve got going as well if the smoke is worthy so I’ll have plenty to share. The male is more broad leafed and this girl is about to drop some jungle fingers so it’ll be a fun mix.

3. Big Sur Holy Weed x Colombian Red from Coastal Seeds (What’s Kagyu’s handle on here again? He popped in a few months ago but I’ve been MIA). He said these were his two favorites and his own personally kept lines of both so I’ve been wanting to run this for years. I had just flipped three to flower when I had to tear down my grow 2 years ago and my buddy who finished them said they were the best smoke he’d grown in a long time. It’s been slow to go, but seems to be picking up.

25 Likes

Thanks buddy.

Im at a buddhist retreat center, likely for the whole year, maybe longer, in NorCal.

Im feeling the urge to hike around this hill and find a nice lil stream to plant a handful of seeds.
Delores was one that called out to me. I was hesitant until i saw several other people got seeds of this line, so its not so rare that its a tragedy if my patch gets found. And now, like a celestial uncle, you confirmed my sentiment to go ahead and plant a few Delores next to a couple Hawaiian’s to make a nice backcross. Thank you

15 Likes

Doesn’t look like we’ll be seeing the eclipse in new york. Isn’t it strange how only some planes leave a contrail? I can’t figure it out. Maybe they’re using different gas? Regular As opposed to unleaded?
I know what it is. There are different humidity levels around each plane.So only some of them leave a contrail. That’s gotta be it.

I’m so pissed right now. In two hours the sky will be completely cloudy. No eclipse for me.

Wake up and look up! This guy remembered to add dry gas, So the plane is only leaving a short contrail. The bottom photo shows that same plane along with a very strange extremely long and wide contrail below it. While the upper contrail disappeared almost immediately, The other one kept growing and growing. Screenshot_20240408_083808_Chrome|225x500 Screenshot_20240408_083604_Gallery|225x500

4 Likes

Unless it is humid, the eclipse will drop the temperature and that will evaporate clouds.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2024/04/04/total-solar-eclipse-weather-atmosphere/

1 Like

If only they were clouds

Definitely natural

2 Likes

They are clouds from a chemical reaction from salt arosols, aluminum oxide and other secret ingredients in the air. The eclipse will change temps, humidity and air currents that do disrupt natural clouds. Watch closely and see if the man made clouds are disrupted.

2 Likes

They’re just growing. And growing. And growing. They definitely won’t be going away. Sorry to interrupt the thread this way. It just bothers me when i’m being pissed on and told its rain. Rant over. For now. I was really looking forward to the eclipse. It would have been around ninety five to ninety nine percent here.

3 Likes

I hear you, next round will be a while… Contrail, chemtrail - tomato, tomatoe :rofl:

5 Likes

12.55 pm partial eclipse here.

Nanan Baclou …

Coming up to 9 weeks flower, changing colour now…nice

18 Likes

I was in Albuquerque 2017 or 2018 when we had the big one. Huuuuge disappointment.

4 Likes

@rasterman i saw it in Washington state in 2017 and it was epic. Temps dropped over 25 degrees in 30 minutes. A Swanson’s Hawk Landed in the top of a hundred and fifty foot tall pine tree with the eclipsed sun in the background and spread its wings out…overlooking my massive pot patch.
I had to move to the side so that the sun was not directly behind the bird in the photo but I did get a picture

10 Likes

Any red leaf veins on the leaf underside?

2 Likes