The LED hack shack and other tall tales

Haven’t really had anything to update with, since I closed down the grow.
But got on with the work, on my little garden pond.

Made a waterfall filter from some plastic tubs, and a surface skimmer.

Cut to make the small one fit, inside the big one and then bolted them together with stainless bolts n nuts. With a silicone seam, between to make it tight.
Basicly splitting the big tub into a small narrov chamber, next to a larger chamber that is the smaller tub.
The bottom of the small tub is drilled, with 30 mm holes. The inlet is placed in the navor chamber, and should force the water down and up thru the bottom of the small tub.

A pump will be placed in the “skimmer tub”, where surface water will flow into.
Pumped up into the waterfall, filtrated and returned to the other side of the pond.
Creating circulation, and should suck leafs and stuff floating on the surface into the skimmer. Where a net devider will prevent, leafs from cloging up the pump.

Cut a slit for the waterfall, after I secured the pond liner to the waterfall box. Clamping it between a part I cut out of the small tub, and the larger tub.
Again silicone and stainless bolts n nuts, should make it both watertight and durable.

Took a heatgun to it, and bend it open to create a lip for the waterfall.
This might very well, have to be trimmed and adjusted to get the waterflow/drop right.

14 Likes

It pains you to sit still doesn’t it :rofl: I get it though when you take all that responsibility over the plants then they come down you’re left sat there with ya dick in ya hand with fuck all to do. Always tell myself between runs I’m taking a break but give it a week I’m bored and I’ve started one again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

No I quite enjoy kicking back, smoking weed and doing jack shit all day.
Hanging out on my PC, shooting people online (getting shot online, is prolly more true) and chattin with other stoners.

But if I did that all day, everyday, I guess id be in trouble with the misses.
And when I have been slacking off too long, she’s nice to kick me in the butt and get me in gear :joy:

So got back to the pond project, that I have been slacking off on. Simply cos I don’t have the budget for the pump, so it didn’t way in my mind that it wasn’t all done.
Again my wonderful better half, thourt I could might as well try to get the filter and most of the stone work done.

Now I am out of stones again, so it’s back to hauling rocks from the feild collections.

11 Likes

Well can’t really update on the growing, that isn’t happning so desided to give the garage/workshop an overhaul.

The main issue is I haven’t done much to this place after we got it, beside put up the table saw and thats the sinner that keep messing everytihg up bad.
Saw dust just get’s everywhere, so packing everything down and do something im god at. Cabinets :smiley:

After im done cleaning up, the plan is to remove the workbench.
Build cabinets and basicly redo everything, so it will be easyer to clean and vacuum the dust from my wood work.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Putin is the focal point. Everyone else is photshopped. Putin is such a beast weed can’t get him high. I missed seeing the calendar. Everything looks great. Does the water from the drip system run down the channels into a collection? Just looking at your setup. I run a 600 EH. Wondering the heat difference between the strips and hps. Thanks bro. Be safe.

3 Likes

The water is recirculating, drains back into a 66 gal res under the flowtable.

Massive heat difference between HPS and LED, they are worlds apart!
The HPS bulp get’s hot enough to cause 3rd degree burns, my LED’s I can hold in my hands and they feel warm.
The driver is the hottest part of the LED light, at least when they run under the conditions I run mine.

3 Likes

Hey that book is free on my prime account - thanks for the pointer, an old post still helpin.

6 Likes

Awesome dude. I love your setup. I only ask to know. One thing never lost in translation. I wanna know more. I see something working it gets my wheels spinning. Your perpetual setup with the clones is amazing. I grow better in small containers. I thought about running clones.

I just don’t need that volume. Lol. You have quality as well. I don’t know where I’m going with this. I’m baffled by its awesomeness!:blush: I got a Super Cheese fem seed from a friend I’m dieng to run. I love how thick and hashy the cheese is. Grease Monkey is a nice thick smoke as well.

Love your grows and the Putin. Hehe. Have a good one bud.

2 Likes

Thanks mate and ask away, I’ll do my best to answer if you have other questions.

Never tried or seen Grease Monkey around here, but I’ll keep an eye out if I should come across it.
Really looking forward to get back to growing again, still got some improvements to do on the cabinets.

Hoping to do full steam in 2020, and have the closets running with 5 weeks between harvests.

7 Likes

Slowly getting there

8 Likes

9 Likes

concrete walls?? they look nice and clean. are you making these benches for wood work?

1 Like

My garage walls are build like this (from outside in)

The inner wall is coated with a mortar plaster, giving it a nice finish over the expanded clay n concrete blocks or what ever it’s called.

The workbench will be for all kinds of “messy” work, filing, grinding, sanding. Wood and metals, but mainly doing the cabinets due to dusty mess the woodwork make.

9 Likes

Bricks :smirk: that’s what they are called.

2 Likes

Thouse grey ones, u call that bricks?

It’s like hydroton and concrete, light weight and insulating but not strong at all.

1 Like

They’re called cinder block in most parts of the States. Their technical name is “Concrete Masonry Unit.”

Concrete Masonry Unit WIKI

4 Likes

No the big grey ones are cinder block, as jelly said, the small ones are bricks.

4 Likes

“Leca” In Norwegian, seems exotic for some reason (the word) lol :slight_smile:

We call them three different things in the UK cos we love being awkward. They’re concrete blocks, breeze blocks or air bricks depending who you talk to :rofl: correct me if I’m wrong @Esrgood4u

2 Likes