The One (1976 Highland Thai x 1971 Kandahar Afghan) BX2 grow log

F5
Looks like I had about 9 weeks Seedling/VEG time.
–Guess I ought to crack those Dirty Taxis to optimize tent time…Uh, no. Too much going on.
–Still have TG GG4 revegers in another tent.
Gonna take some more clones this weekend while doing the sexing/thinning/lolipop.
Amber is my cannabis crunching kitty.
-She has no interest when they start stinking, but she loves her VEG salads.
We are still running the 1 gal pots. Up potting at F14 or so.

17 Likes

Well the sexing gods have not smiled on me this time around.
9 male 5 female.
I’ll have lots of stock to pick a good stud.
I would have liked to have more choices among the females.
Law of averages I guess.my last 10 pack of REGs had 7 females and 3 males.
I don’t know if I’ll even up pot the males, but I do plan on making seeds in the fall.
Most of the FEMS are on the right side of the tent in the above pic.

5 Likes

Looking great my friend. Im actually growing a cross from seeds of compassion which has the one in it. Nice lateral branching going on as you said but mine is also crossed to gorilla biscuit.

Any funky smells coming off of Yours, I’m getting some OGish type smells or at least something skunky.

HG

3 Likes

Still to early to get a good smell off them. There is a real earthy umami smell in the tent, but that may just be the dirt. I’m expecting an old school skunk/dirty sock funk off them soon.

6 Likes

Cool grow! Excited to see how these do for you

1 Like

F8
The boys are showing big time after 8 days.

The 5 FEMs have been LST-ed to spread them out.

Gonna have to pick up another 2x4 to house the boys.
5 Fems are gonna waste a lot of canopy space, but I guess we work with what we got.
Probably going to up pot to 5 gals in the next 2 days.
Stem rubs on the girls are still real green and earthy.
Feeding is at half box ratios, no nute burn.
–Feed, recharge, water, 2 or 3 day apart.
The boys may get 3 gals if I am feeling generous…

9 Likes

Sensational mate :ok_hand: what a diverse genetic base your resulting seeds will carry. I’m really interested so I’ll be following for sure! This cross to me just feels like it will be special :sparkles:

1 Like

On the female side I am looking for the shortest, tightest internode, widest leaf, Afghan side of things.
–They are all staying short, and they have all been treated terribly during VEG.
On the male side…I don’t really know what I’m looking for.
Should be an interesting BX2 F2 next year.

6 Likes

swamies thay have many “the One” strains mixed with some old time genetics (WeedGuardianFamilyTree.com" and Swamies own site -

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. Losta strain names on that bring me back to the early 90s.
https://www.weedguardiansfamilytree.com/

1 Like

F10
Last family shot.
…There’s going to be an obscene amount of waisted space this run after pulling the males out.
…I use the same space to dry in, anything I have on deck is a long flower, and these are looking to be short flower, so filling with on hand clones is a no go.
Been feeding at 60% box rate.
Bumping up to 80%.
The General Organics I use really drops the PH.
…4 gals of hard 7.x PH water dropped to 4.0 PH and required a bunch of shots of PH up to bring up 6.2.
…Like 3 beers of fiddling with. Hit the bucket with PH up shot, mix, drink beer, check results…

Temps in mid/high 70s, RH has been the same range.
Venting on humidity; my setup presently is either temp OR RH, but not both.
Gonna wait another week or so to turn on the dehumidifier.
Boys have to come out tonight.
…They’re gonna have an interrupted light cycle cause they’re going into the garage until I pick up a 2x4 to stick em in.

11 Likes

I ran the one clone a couple times it’s super aesthetic nice n hashy old school vibes
Sure these will be great

4 Likes

Exactly how I would describe the weed I bought labeled as the one … heavy hashy knockout

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna pick up another pack and nuke the males.
These are showing fast and staying shorter than anything I’ve worked in years,

They are only 45$ plus 10 bucks shipping today for 10+ seeds.43
https://wellgrownseeds.com/Mountain-Organics-The-One-Backcross-II-p153605231
I don’t think I have bandwidth to breed for seeds right now.
Other Siren strains are calling to me; tie me to the mast, and plug your ears

3 Likes

Hey, I was in Grow Generation yesterday, and they had Budswell on the shelf. They’re a chain store and in a handful of states.

You like the Budswell? I haven’t tried it yet but was always sort of interested.

Good luck on the finish. It’s a cool looking plant, and I bet there are keepers in there somewhere. It’s tempting to try it, lol. peace

1 Like

I can’t really say that I like the Budswell.
It is something that my second teacher told me to use, so I have been using it all the time for the last couple of years.
So is it really making any difference? I cannot really say…
I’m gonna use what I have left on this run and then skip it on the next one to get an answer.
Even then I won’t really know since I’m always trying something different every run.
The Liquid Bat Guano looks really good for VEG, but I use hardly any nutes in veg, and it is only a couple of weeks, so I have never run it.
I think the liquid bat guano would work very very well in an outdoor application where your VEG is months.

1 Like

Boy I’m glad I stumbled onto this grow! Old strains have peaked my interest, and want to start growing them. All these modern strains are just…over crossed to me. I ordered northern lights and Hindu Kush, but after getting them heard from a few here that I49(where I ordered them from) is s trash site with bad genetics, so idk if I even got the actual strains. Guna check out the site you referred. Pulling up a chair for this one!

4 Likes

Budswell can handy in a various applications for sure

3 Likes

Hoping to find an old dirty sock in this one.
No fruit.
No baked goods.
Hoping for old school STANK.
Grow update: Stretch is like nothing on these.
For folks that are vertically challenged this would be a desirable trait.

6 Likes

I think the one doubled for me and those that I gave her too I can’t remember too well tho
Stoked to see these in action! I’ve been curious about his gear for a long time

2 Likes