The weed upcharge

That’s kind of what i’m doing with my solo cup autos. 6x diff strains so i can see how they grow and final flavour/effect profile.

Now some are doing better than others because they are all getting the same treatment. Now i know which to feed lighter and which are good for heavy feed without burn.

Another thing is the stretch. Out of the 6 only 1x is taller than the others. I’m considering myself very lucky as it’s not a huge light juggle. Granted if you have multiple lights you can plant selectively. My last RDWC had 2 low stretch under 1x light, and the other had the 2x high stretch.

I’d imagine you might end up in a mixed bag of good/bad doinv

4 Likes

I built my own rdwc system and cloner

5 Likes

I’m in much the same spot…I’ve got a total of about 120 seeds right now, and it’s FALL here.
I"m just itching to pop some seeds but can’t put together an indoor setup just yet.

Driving me NUTZ.

Lob

2 Likes

I’m having a really hard time finding the bucket sizes I need or even the net pot sizes I’m looking for. Looks like I’ll be building another Ghetto Rig 9000 in the near future.

1 Like

For anyone interested in ebb n flow hydroponics.

I ended up buying this system. I opted for 18 sight unit. At just under $600 it was a no brainer for me to not have to source a bunch of parts from a bunch of different companies. I tried and I couldnt build it cheaper myself.

It’s a really decent jumping off point for anyone that likes the set it and forget it grow style.

I only had 2 complaints with the unit.

1. I found the drain pump to be undersized. It took over twice as long to drain as it did to fill. That’s an easy fix if you just go out and buy a larger pump. Or you can just wait the 45 mins for the thing to drain.

2. The hoses to the controller bucket were a little bit leaky/loosey goosey. A quick fix is to get a few hose clamps to lightly tighten the hose to the connectors.

At one point I accidentally stepped on one of the hoses and it pulled completely loose from the connector and my controller bucket started gushing water everywhere.

Luckily my wife was downstairs and started yelling at me when water started pouring through the ceiling. I didn’t even notice it had happened; it came apart that easily.

3 Likes

Rockwool is what i think of when I think of ridiculous upcharges for weed products. In my limited research(almost none) its basically insulation without the fire retardants. I’m not understanding why years later it still costs a fortune compared to insulation rockwool.