thoughts on my first outdoor grow?

Hi all, i used to be on OG back in 2003 before it was shutdown but have never grown before. This is my first grow and i’m looking for someone’s thoughts on these plants, mainly the big one (Kush strain, not exactly sure which).

as you can see i did not top the big plant but topped two others. I trimmed all of the fan leaves off of the big one and after i did that it vegged like crazy some more, (stretch faze)? The smaller plants look like they are in their stretch faze now.

I started the big one in late May, it’s about 13 weeks old from seedling. The others really didn’t start to veg until a month ago which is why they are much smaller. Based on the age of the big one do you guys think the buds should be more developed after 13 weeks?

I have been giving them all the fox farm trio, but only started PH testing the water a week ago. before that they were given water out the tap with chlorine and PH of around 7.4 - 7.6. now i’m giving them water PH balanced to around 6.0 - 6.2 and just the tiger bloom, and some soil treatment including some mother earth stuff and today i tried this fish Sh!t i got as a free sample. I was light on nutrients for a while as to not burn the plant.

I had to deal with spores (spots on leaves and mushrooms growing in the soil) but took care of that with the Doctor zymes spray.

17 Likes

They look good.

If you’re growing photos they bud when the light cycle gets shorter. Chronological age is irrelevant.

Thanks, these are autos which i think is what i want being that they are outdoor.

2 Likes

How many hours of sun do they get each day

Yup, they look great, @catdad. Oh, and welcome to overgrow!

You should post that top pic in the YOUNG BUDS thread, but before you do, head over to the INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread and say hello to everyone.

4 Likes

Looks like they are surviving! I see drainage holes, so you’re good there. I have to say… They do look healthy, so you’re doing it right. If the plants weren’t happy they would tell you. I mean, from what I can see in the pics the leaves look nice and green and healthy to me. Nice defoliation too, looks like they are getting enough air flow. I’m honestly really surprised that “auto” has been running for so long. You should’ve been able to harvest that weeks ago if you planted it in late May… That’s a bit of a head scratcher to me. Either way, I hope they finish strong for you!

Maybe a mistaken auto.

How north is northnorth?

1 Like

Maybe one of those infamous semi-autos?

But yea they look very healthy and with all these critters after them that’s great

maybe, my wife ordered various kush strains and said they were all autos but the smaller ones started to flower much sooner than the big one. I really wish i knew the exact strain.

They get a good amount of sunlight every day. of direct sunlight, maybe 10 hours? i started them on the deck but then got obsessive about it and moved them around the yard twice a day to get optimal sunlight so the rising or setting sun isn’t getting blocked by the house or fences.

2 Likes

Do you have any light pollution at night, street lights neighbors security light

no light pollution. my wife had these little solar lights in the back yard but i turned them all off.

Also forgot to mention that the big plant is in Miracle Grow with the top 3" being happy frog because that’s what i had on hand when i started and wasn’t that obsessed about everything. The younger plants are in Happy Frog (wanted to do 50/50 happy frog/ocean forest but hydro store only had the frog).

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

DUUUUUUUDDEEE!

Love the bucket! More importantly: HOW MANY TIMES HAS THAT MONSTER BLOWN OVER!?

Great work bruv. :hugs:

Looks like a proper cannabis christmas tree to me. Nice job! To elaborate on an earlier question you asked. The plant is limited by the size of the pot. That plant looks normal for it’s 5 gal pot at this time of the year and you count weeks once they start budding outdoors. Yours looks like it’s pretty much on track and will need about 2 months more in flower (depending on the strain) until it’s done. That is quite awhile to go, The buds will be nice and fat by then, don’t worry.

2 Likes

nice healthy looking plants

thanks all. The big plant has not blown over yet but i bring it on the deck if the weather is bad and i put it up against a fence at night to give it kind of a wind break. I just noticed on the first pic, there is a little but on the leave at the bottom of the pic. i’m starting to see holes on some leaves so i will have to treat it with doctor zymes again tonight. i find little bugs on it all the time but not sure which ones are good or bad so i’ll research that.

I really hope the big plant makes it to harvest, i have put a lot of effort into it.

1 Like

That is on nice looking plant. She has a nice spot by the pool.

You were right they are not auto’s. My wife sent me the order information and i checked on their website. It was a pack of seeds which had Banana, Mango, and Blackberry Kush. I believe the bigger plant is Banana Kush.

1 Like

I checked on the plants this morning and on the big one OH HELLLLL NO. I sprayed these squatters with Doctor Zymes - i assume that is the play here? they were only on one cola. It’s been moved onto the deck since yesterday because in the northeast Henri is coming through.

Will two days w/ no direct sunlight tucked away under an overhang hurt them? oddly it seems like the plants made a lot of progress since yesterday, like 3 days of growth in one day? idk…

2 Likes