thoughts on my first outdoor grow?

Nope. They’ll be just fine. When I go away for extended periods of time I take them out of direct sun so they don’t use as much water :+1:

Ya that would be hard to see! I hadn’t encountered much pests like this so I would probably freak right out. Hope you can knock them back!

they were there again this morning, not good. they got one terminal. should i cut off that terminal completely? all of the pistils are eaten down to the green part of the bud. should i post in the plant health section?

1 Like

Ya man, I would. This is tough because you’re into flowering and can’t spray anything too serious. Wish I could offer more advice. Check the plant help section tho, hopefully someone more knowledgeable chimes in.

I came outside to find it blown over with a quadrant of the plant in the pool. I rinsed off the plant that was in the water because i threw a bunch of shock in the pool yesterday so hopfully it will not poison the plant. Now i’m worrying because all of the stuff i use to treat it is “sprayed on the leaves” so idk what highly chlorinated pool water will do.

here are updated pics after the pool incident. Inner tube is to prevent it from completely falling over now.

3 Likes

I love the preserver idea! My Bay tree used to fall over all the time until I stuck it’s pot into a milk crate.
Now it just yells all me for water all the timer rather than yell for water all the time and fall over.

I should up pot it next year… part of me let it get root bound because there’s no more soil to fall out when it blew over :laughing:

I want to see your grow play out. How tall does a plant get in that 5 gallon bucket? I was thinking about doing a 5 gallon bucket grow. But inside my closet. So not sure how big that would get and how much it’ll harvest. I’ll tag along to see results! Welcome back @catdad

Difference is I’d definitely top mine. How tall is canopy excluding big cola in middle.

to tip of cola it’s about 5’10, so maybe 5’ even w/out the cola. an indoor plant should not get as big and you can flip the lights to 12/12 when it reaches your desired size. I topped a few others and got 4 nice colas out of each one but i started them late so they didn’t have time to reach their full potential size given the 5gal buckets they are in. They are like 2-3 weeks behind the bigger plant on the flowering stage.

2 Likes

Hi all,

over the last few days i’ve noticed cloudy trichomes and now they are starting to turn amber. I didn’t think the plant was ready to harvest based on no leaves turning colors and the buds have a ways to go. what do you think? To me the trichomes say it’s ready for harvest but the buds don’t look like it. It’s my first grow so i may be missing something.

3 Likes

Heya @catdad
Let em Grow at least 4 weeks if you Can

1 Like

You’ve still got a ways to go yet :+1:

1 Like

should i still be feeding the plants with tiger bloom for another week or so?

I was thinking feeding with TB for maybe another week or two, and then just fish sh!t or other organic amendments until 1 week before harvest.

2 things -

I don’t use these products but TB looks like it’s for flower based on the NPK. Fish shit is higher nitrogen.

People will disagree with me but I feed until they are ready.

I think it’s a bad idea to say “I’ll do this until 1 week before harvest.” How do you know when this is? You don’t.

Let the plant tell you when it’s done, don’t tell the plant when it’s done.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

here is an update.

Big plant 2nd oldest plant have yellowing leaves. I left em on for a while but then pulled em all off today. I think this is normal at this stage.

the big bannana kush plant is doing well, and on a smaller blackberry kush plant i think i found bud rot on one of the nugs today, lmk what yall think?

Two other plants are blackberry kush and look amazing. Crazy amount of trichomes on these and they smell exactly like blackberry it’s amazing.

I have a hard time telling if the plants need water or not. The leaves hang over the side but i water and they don’t really perk up like i’d expect? maybe i will not feed them for a day or two and see where they are at.

Bannan Kush that sprouted mid May…

Possible Bud Rot (dead brown area)…do i cut this out?

Dehydration?

2 Likes

Yes I would check that brown area. Maybe nothing.

your first grow, you took the leap…soon you will be addicted

do you think they look dehydrated?

second pic from bottom could be thristy, top pic looks like there praying which is good. if stems are down and leaves are down to me that indicates there thirsty

They look good to me. But check out the brown spot. If it’s bud rot cut it all out :+1:

I got lazy with the BT spray (only applied once over a month ago) and now had to pick 25 or so worms out of the buds across 4 different plants since Friday. I did a light misting of BT spray the other night but it won’t affect the worms inside the buds so i picked them out by hand.

i keep reading that when you are this close to harvest you shouldn’t apply BT spray although the bottle does say that you can spray until the day of harvest.

Buds still all look really nice and are super sticky. gonna cut the top of the larger plant down in a week or two and will let the bottom half of the plant mature for another few days. Lots of white hairs on the lower buds… really no white hairs on the top of the plant. I should go get my Loupe and check the top cola, it may be ready to cut down very soon.