Tinytuttle’s CSU Annual trial Gardens 2020

3 Likes

3 Likes

That’s it for this year! Hope ya enjoyed what Fort Collins area has to offer, visit if your in the area.

3 Likes

I think I might give these a try this fall if there anything like columbines it could be a challenge for me ! Those damn plants are hard to grow!

1 Like

Wow. :clap: And thanks for taking the time to share it with us nerds. :slight_smile: :sunflower: @meesh! bring your friends!:dog2: :cat2: :man_facepalming:t5:

That could be one of the best places to enjoy :mushroom: fun … :astonished::dizzy_face::rainbow: :brain: (sorry the brain emoji came up with the rainbow & it just fits too well).

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

That was awesome!!! I bought some of that new euphorbia this year and it’s awesome. It just stays bloomed like that forever. I also has the first 2 nemesia you posted in my annual bed. Love the dahlias! Especially fond of the yellow flower with black foliage. Thanks for sharing! Made my day!

4 Likes

Ya the contrasting dahlia caught my attention as well the “black mamba “ I believe it was a petunia didn’t show up as well but really cool… I just bought some coleus from a nursery and will start practicing soon once I get them in a better pot and grown for a few months @Calyxander

3 Likes

I gave up on starting coleus from seed. He has far more patience than I. lol I love it though. It likes to be shaded mostly

2 Likes

Wasn’t it columbines that we’re difficult as start as well?

1 Like

Oh dog yes! screw those seeds! lol Petunias are a real bitch too. Tiny little specks

1 Like

Yea I have petunia that drops seed all the time I think that’s the smallest I’v seen from plants

1 Like

Hi @Tinytuttle I am curious as to what cultivar of coleus you bought?
Most like more shade than sun. Too much sun makes the leaves less velvety and colorful.
Late afternoon or early morning sun is the best… Coleus clones very easily.
It is not so hard to start from seeds, just takes time for them to hit their stride. I use a 30X magnifying glass to see if, and when they germinate, and break through the medium.

6 Likes

Those look great I recall a kong species and the one pic on bottom left looks like one I have also but will double check when I get off work.

2 Likes

We picked up 3 plants and it was a 30$ bill kinda shocked at the sticker price since they won’t make it through our winter outside may bring indoors unfortunately the nursery was out of a rainbow packet ( variety) I suppose so I’ll have to revert to some on-line stores😢

1 Like

I think they spelled accompaniments wrong.

Also, Dalaya Red Dahlias, final answer.

1 Like

Here’s what we picked up @Calyxander

I think I could take some slips off of #2 now if I wanted to .

This last one didn’t have an I’d tag may you can help naming her?

4 Likes

I’ll put “Dark Heart” forward for your consideration.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Captura

Maybe Rorschach? frech|nullxnull

Thanks for the interesting tour … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

Looks like Bigfoot with a tree up his ass! :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

:joy: You’re definitely nuts! crazy0to Those long walks in open air will do you some good … frech|nullxnull

4 Likes