Tinytuttles 2020 grow chronicles

Cool…ill probably do that. Most of the info I could find out the webs says up to the 2nd week after the switch is alright. But yeah im really enjoying trying different things. Even tho it stresses me out worrying about them dying :joy:

1 Like

Been there done that ! Lol this plant takes a hell a lot of licking and keeps on ticking!

2 Likes

heck yeah I’m realizing that!! Lol you’ve been a great help…atleast with easing my worries at the very least. I sure appreciate it. I checked out that kushman video too. Once I found it I recognized the guy. I had seen some of his other videos. Dudes like a wizard lol

2 Likes

So on the wicking that you’re doing is your nutrient water in the bowl and you run the wicks up to water your plants? Seems like an interesting concept. Wicking is actually a survival strategy like say if there’s water running down a cliff face you could use something to wick water into a water bottle. Anyaays just seems interesting. Are you having luck with the technique and how efficient is it?

1 Like

Nutrients are in the pot just like a super soil water drawn up by capillary action. With this system you can’t overwater your plants. I haven’t tried it with fabric pots yet but they seem to work rather well with plastics

5 Likes

[quote=“Joboo, post:567, topic:26897”]
Are you having luck with the technique and how efficient is it?
[/quote

I’m running two plants now in the solo cup competition they seem to be doing great

3 Likes

That’s awesome man. I’ll have to keep this in mind or ask about it later when I’m finally allowed to do my outdoor thing…probably be a few years so ill orobably forget by then :joy:

2 Likes

I like the wicking method I’ve always wanted to try but I was always worried that young plants don’t have enough roots to take advantage of the moisture it provides and the medium would end too wet and the plant would suffer. But I guess if you wait until your plants have a good root system and you limit the amount of water it can wick it would be a pretty damn good way to do it. I love low maintenance methods I’m going to have to play around with this I’ve always wanted to try it and it seems like a really good method to keep your soil moist so the life in the soil can be really active and healthy. Healthy and happy soil life = happy and healthy plants. Very cool thread

6 Likes

Ya I ran blumats last year and really like them either those plants drank a hell a lot of water or I didn’t have them set correctly seemed like I was always filling my 5 gallon bucket and at times finding it totally empty which is not good to introduce air into the system this seems to be a no Brainer to me . My 16oz cup reservoir currently needs filled once a day not bad IMO.

7 Likes

Chopped another plant cause it’s just plain pissing me off ATM can’t believe a plant this size hasn’t shown ball sacs yet but the pre flower areas just wasn’t typical of it being a female!

Planted another solo cup in its place

On a side note the one hemp field 1.5 straight west is obviously throwing pollen already see some seeds forming here and there hopefully nothing like last year though!

8 Likes

That sucks, a bit back in another state I’d always put a few outdoors by the field by my house at the time.

First year no beans
Second year shitliad
Third year worse yet.
Weren’t no years afterwards, I dont know if a ditchweed patch was near or if someone else was growing and didn’t know wth they were doing.

Neighbor the year I left I fave him sour Strawberry plants that I had going and sure as shit.

Pollen can fly further than snowflakes if it gets up in the air.

4 Likes

I had three plants in the basement get pollinated during a multi day wind event. The two windows were open but are in a well below ground level.

Didn’t fill the plant but it stopped all previous bud stacking and spent the energy on seeds. Smoke was still good and the seeds look nice but who knows where it came from?

3 Likes

Well damn my state is on fire again! This time up on the pass at the Chambers lake area for it being a good 70 miles away this smoke plume indicates it getting rather large ! Any of you other Colorado peeps see smoke in the area ? I think there’s one in the SW part of the state as well.

8 Likes

Damn man that sucks. Doesnt surprise me tho as dry as its been in our part of the country. Stay safe

2 Likes

With these high winds lately and lack of moisture this could be a big one for sure … I don’t even know how this one got started!

2 Likes

O wouldn’t know either but man it’s the same in texas you already know this time of year…the heat and no moisture=danger

2 Likes

This one would more than likely show up on radar I’m thinking!

2 Likes

Welcome back to TT’s craft corner with issues some are having with the heat now i decided to help keep these little 1 gallons a little cooler here black pots can get rather warm with direct sun strike on them I decided to get some brown grocery paper bags And some wire and go to town I’m thinking the hot soil in black pots may be stunting them a bit we’ll see how this works

7 Likes

Most Plants are up had to redo a couple pots my chem dog didn’t show so throwing down 2 more beans one in water and another direct plant … even wrapped the fabric container to help prevent moist loss… this 2-3 gallon pot is soaking up the entire contents of the res on a daily basis.

5 Likes

Here they are all in there little cozy spot! With the ganja gnome looking over them!

8 Likes