TopShelfs trees (Part 1)

Miracle grow works. People like to moralize about it. When I used it I didn’t even bother to switch to the bloom version.

5 Likes

Cool @Foreigner I’ve had several people I respect say they went to Dr. Earth 4-6-3 top dressing for their grows start to finish. Its like $20ish bucks for a big 12+ lb bag & it even comes with microbes etc built in.

6 Likes

Have you used this one all the way through? I amended my pots of coco with they’re Performance Organics bag soil last year with stellar results. Since I am just reusing the same medium in my pots I recharged them with these. I’m impressed with the results same as last year.

3 Likes

Not the one you mention just the standard
28-8-16 you get from every big box store.

3 Likes

Bookmarked, very interested in resuse, recycle and saving money any time possible. Every $1 is one less $1 I have work for, lol

4 Likes

They have been making fertilizer as long as anybody.

5 Likes

Hey @TopShelfTrees1 - Got some Swackhammer and Sugar Ray in the mail today, might these be from you? Many thanks if so!

3 Likes

Hey @TopShelfTrees1 , let me know if I should put this somewhere different. You’re a smart guy. I see smart guys checking in here. So… Gypsum
I’ve seen a lot of comments, but not much specific recently. “I used a lot of gypsum?”. A lot compared to? What I’m real curious about is what kid of rate are you applying it? PPM. Tbsp. Frequency. Water soluble? Slow release? Mixed with other nutes?
I’ve been going about 500 PPM. I put it in a qt jar and mix it 30 minutes or so. Then that into a gallon jug, same 30 minutes. Then that into my 5 gallon jug. Mix for feeding the plants 1-2 Gallons at a time. I don’t vary much. Lucas with a couple adds now and then. I’ve read of it used with molasses before final flush , but haven’t tried it myself.
Overall I would say my plants have been healthier the last couple runs. At least from my perspective…
I’m just a curious guy.

5 Likes

Hey @crownpoodle I was gifted a recipe. I suppose my ton of gypsum is in comparison to that recipe. I wanna say it was like a tbsp per 5 gallons. Im pretty sure I’m dumping a cup per 60 gallons. I know the water will only hold so much gypsum. There is always undissolved gyp at the bottom of the reservoir when I go to refill it. Like a fair amount. I’m sure I could back off but the 50 lb bag is only like $20 so I really don’t care. I could stand to be a little more conscious of my wastefulness.

I suppose this brings up another question that maybe some one can answer. I put power SI in the mix first per manufacturers instructions. Then gypsum in abundance. Then maxi bloom.

If I am saturating the water with gypsum to the point the gypsum doesn’t fully dissolve, is the maxi also not completely saturating in the water, or is it as simple as different things are different?

6 Likes

i know those were bred by DannyTerpintine i believe i grew the sugar ray and can say it was really nice fruity dank smell like u wanna eat the plant it smelled so good lol

1 Like

I used to use it (Miracle Grow) but found my weed didn’t taste as good as it does with organics. The plants themselves grew great.

1 Like

I thought it smoked ok but was maybe just the tiniest bit leafier.

Yes the plants have to put the extra n in flower somewhere ( 3.5/1/2 ) and spend energy doing it : )

1 Like

@crownpoodle i rarely use it since switching to coco but when I was soil/promix I did , and tried it with my RDWC too for a run , it was 400 ppm, warm water in a mason, shake or put on paint mixer, then I add that to a 2.5 gallon and into my smaller 13g Rez and that would feed until reupping my Rez. I love the fact you are asking these questions, seen you come so far, and your flowers are looking exceptionally good, you rarely ask for advice, brother you’ve been Killin it and I love it!

4 Likes

Khalifa Mints

18 Likes

Motorbreath #15

19 Likes

The twin towers (BlackBerry Soda)

26 Likes

I found running a pump keeps the gypsum in suspension at least until I water. Even mixing Armor Si 1st and letting it sit, sometimes it still cheeses up on me. I quit using them together. The Armor Si seems more prone to cheesing up than Protekt.
I get those chunks too. I use my excess nutes all over the yard. All those chunks eventually break down too.

3 Likes

I was not a fan of the armor si especially for the price over here.

2 Likes

if you can get Jacks, run it…

6 Likes