TopShelfs trees (Part 3)

Good morning everyone! I’m gonna pump out this 1 day of work and then be off again till next Friday!

9 Likes

Morning @TopShelfTrees1 ! Wonder what today has in store

7 Likes

Good morning guys. It finally stopped raining! Woohoo
On the agenda today, uppotting and clones.

@herojuana.tom yes, they were domed up , that’s just how they are staying regardless. They will take foliars, but still very much hating life.

10 Likes

You’re too kind, my friend. Thank you for the offer; hopefully I don’t need them!
Also, good morning to my OG fam. :bear::purple_heart:
Fun news today is that we have a dozen tomato seedlings up and healthy, and in the garden we’re harvesting squash, lettuce, and just a couple more weeks until we can cut the broccolini!

6 Likes

Oh man! If that I’m so jealous. I miss having my garden, and my OD breeding even more. Not gonna lie , I’ve been dreaming of taking off somewhere with year round warmth more and more lately as I age.

8 Likes

Funny, I’ve been giving consideration to where I want to be in the future lately, as well.
I may have the opportunity in the next couple of years to move to the EU as a citizen because my grandmother was born there, and my father is exploring citizenship by descent!

6 Likes

Very cool bro! That’s a lot of real estate

2 Likes

I think Ireland is the most interesting to us right now

5 Likes

Good morning everyone :wave:

Not sure if general growing related questions are ok in here, but I get “hanging at the water cooler” vibes here so… :no_mouth:

Anyone keeping moms in coco?

9 Likes

Of course they are bro. Anything goes here tbch
I keep my moms in coco . What’s up?

10 Likes

Any recommendations on pot size? Or do you add anything to hold water? I flower in 1g but they need watering every day and I don’t want to commit to that kind of schedule for moms.

In short, how do you keep them relatively low maintenance? :joy:

4 Likes

Good morning Top! Morning gang.

This job I’m on is starting to drive me nuts. We are at 85% completion and it’s starting to feel like no one has a clear vision for wrapping this thing up.

8 Likes

Good morning everyone. :coffee::coffee: Kinda day

6 Likes

I do the bonsai mom method, but tweak it for myself. I’ve actually decided I’m going to keep them on shelves from here on out. I like keeping them in 1 gallons, 2 max as I have a shit ton. I don’t add anything to hold moisture per day but I do keep them in trays , my mentor bottom waters using the trays and has shown me he can keep them good an healthy for a week using this method, he just fills up the tray almost to the top if he’s going away, simple yet smart. Honestly I’ve been looking at drip emitters etc. for the same reason, my Fertigation schedule is nuts anymore and I need to simplify things for sure, time for an overhaul I think. I have a couple big metal shelves. One is the 48x20x72” that all the clone companies etc. use . If I set it up properly it will hold 60 moms comfortably and they have headroom of about 2’ above the pots. Then with root trimming and constant pruning, bending etc. they can be kept relatively small but always ready to give up 1/2/3/4/5 healthy cuts.

@Mithridate compares keeping my stable to looking after a museum full time and it’s so true. The work involved, space, etc. is crazy. Hence why I’m working on simplifying things. Mike bought me this absolutely EPIC Athena VPD dome for Christmas that fits right over my shelf, I just took ALL NEW moms yesterday and today I’m going to clean/disinfect the shelf. Let it dry and then get the VPD dome on there and hopefully it will make things easier.

10 Likes

Haha sounds like 80% of jobs I was on…. Someone is always trying to milk something :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks for a top shelf reply :+1:. I’ll drop them all in 1 gallons as planned. Leaving some water in a 1020 tray is a good idea to buy a few days away! Thanks dude :pray:

3 Likes

I keep my moms in coco too, but I keep them.in 6x6 pots connected to an automated drip system because I am unreliable when it comes to being retentive about looking at my plants :sweat_smile: I am lazy and not into anything high-maintenance. I make one batch of nutrients once a week and the system takes care of itself

5 Likes

Bahaha no doubt :joy: That’s exactly what I need. I’m so unfamiliar with drip systems though it’s all new to me. I’ve been looking though trust me. I have issues staying on top of my Fertigation at times as well. Lost a couple cuts because of it this year already in fact :man_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

I wish places had basic pre made drip systems say for 20 plants, need 40 just buy two. But everything together to make it simple. Cuz trying to buy 87 million pieces and trying to figure out exactly what is nuts! I even thought about buying 40 of those mini octos off of Amazon to keep them in as well. I want to try to run octos , have for a year now but 8 is 500$ US and I’d prefer 12 at least, 16 would be ideal .

4 Likes

@herojuana.tom I had visions of checking on them every couple of days but maybe I’m just being lazy… haha. I’ll probably end up running a simple drip setup in there eventually.

3 Likes