TopShelfs trees (Part 4)

Ive been asked for then a few times but that’s about it. We ate carp out of Lake Thar Thar back in 07.

6 Likes

I had to look that one up.
I am going to assume you are a vet?
Thank You for your service!

4 Likes

Yea we used to guard the hydro electric dam there and when me and my best friend had to stand that post we’d go fishing with the dudes. Made a BBQ and bought chickens and stuff off them too. We got in so much trouble.

7 Likes

Humans treating each other like fellow humans.
I love it.

6 Likes

The best fish I ever had was a Dolly Varden.
Back in 1990 me and some friends hitched a ride to Valdez to work at a fish processing / cannery.
We slept on pallets in a tent on Hippy Hill, partied down like rock stars and spent all of our money, hanging out with cool kids from all over the US.
After about day 3 of 18 hour shifts and no food, the foreman asked if we were hungry and said he put all of the Dolly Varden bicatch in the freezer in case anybody wanted it.
I ate like a king that night, lol.

6 Likes

I think so too. I remember the stripes, like on bass, and the distinct peacock blue dot on the gills.

Them were gooood eatings!

4 Likes

Perfect pan fish.

3 Likes

I had to look up the Dolly Varden. That’s a beautiful fish. As much as I loved catching trout, I don’t like their flavor. All my family loves em. But I feel they taste too strong of fish

1 Like

My son loves tearing up the bluegill in the spring. Hoping to get out in the boat this weekend.

4 Likes

Right out of the ocean they are choice!
A bit like a trout meets a salmon.
Close to a silver, but more delicate.

1 Like

They are also great tasting out of fresh water. They are one of my favorite fish to eat, that I can catch myself. Ministry stocks them in the lakes around my hometown.

6 Likes

I hear Foreigner Lake is a great spot but you need special authorization to go there.

4 Likes

It is definitely one of their favorite spots to dump them in. 250/year

4 Likes

They’re delicious for sure.

I’m about 3 miles from the Big Su.
Some good and big Dollies in here as well.

8 Likes

So much neat variations and similarities y’all are talking aboot!

Personally, these are the only fish I’ll eat:

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes

Cheddar, Parmesan, or Pretzel @Pigeonman . I had pigeons as a kid.

6 Likes

I have a freezer bag full of some gold fish sitting right next to me. Those are my favorite cracker.

2 Likes

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

I will on Sunday as Bulkbarn has 15% off Sundays when you use your own container… I also have a gift card and another $5 off coupon. Last visit I ended up paying 50% what the original tally before discounts being all gran-hustla.

3 Likes

The whole wheat rainbow goldfish :tropical_fish: ftw.

2 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 I got your package today brother, THANK YOU :pray:

I hope you’re just a little busy today, have a great one if I miss if/when you login!!

8 Likes