Traveling with cannabis and other stupid adventures

23 years of traveling for my business and I have always taken weed with me on all my trips, the only time I’ve ever had an issue was when it was in a checked bag, an OZ magically “disappeared” TSA doesn’t really care about marijuana on your carry on, just went to Florida for my nieces wedding, and took 5 grams of hash and 1/2 OZ of flower in my shaving kit.
I’m in a legal state, and was traveling to a legal state, “technically” it’s illegal, but, there’s nothing TSA could do, as it’s legal where I live.
I agree with @Naptown916, that is not something to try, as they will definitely search it as they can see it’s not shaving cream, and WILL assume the worst. One of our old employees tried stuffing flower in the battery slot on a Ryobi drill and putting the dust cap on it, immediately got searched after x-ray because they saw something stuffed in there, 6 hours of dealing with the police, missed his flight and fined, because it was quite clear he was trying to “smuggle” something.
If you really feel the need to travel with it, I’d just take it in my shaving kit.
I’d be more concerned with Customs having weed than I ever would with TSA, especially if the cruise is leaving the USA.

5 Likes

In the bathroom pull down the air vent. It’s like an insane vacuum, sucks everything out.

1 Like

When I went on a cruise many years ago I think I just packed in my luggage. Took unused bong (diy) and we just took one hits. Smoked a joint and it stunk shit up and we got warning we were walking out and up hall when some crew came to investigate. Also cover smoke detectors up(don’t tamper. I used couple of socks slipped over the top. The detector works by a photoelectric eye not being able to send signal to other side of switch. If signal is blocked by smoke it goes off.

2 Likes

I won’t be smoking in my cabin. I know better. But there are outdoor smoking areas on the ship. I doubt I will be the ONLY smoker on the ship. Just gotta keep my eyes peeled

1 Like

I take with me on every flight . Took on cruise too had no issues

I have a camera case that has these divider things in there to separate stuff. They just pull out . I take one , we opened it up , took out the padding , and ground bud and vac sealed it in bag same size as padding . Place it in , see it back up , Done it 20 times no issues .

Last time , going to Alaska , security pulled my cam case , opened it up . Dude pulled the divider , held it in his hand while he looked through the bag. Holding my bud , looks in case , lmao…… puts it back in hands me the case lol .

Stupid to smoke on the plane just stupid , do an eatable or get wrecked before .

Cruise ship no issue . I blew many joints on the ship . NEVER IN MY ROOM , plenty of places to go . Crew are generally cool, made friends with a few who did look out duty for me

2 Likes

ok, Im not nearly stupid enough to smoke on any plane.

I’m flying out of a small airport and heading to houston. I have a vape for the ship but i want some J’s for the shore excursions. I’m going to preroll them and have them on my person. The voe wil be in my checked luggage. I’ll put the pack in my underwear. There’s no body scanners until I get off the ship coming home and check into Houston for the return flight. By that time everything will be gone.

2 Likes

Hey y’all i made it back. I took NOTHING with me. after careful thought, I decided not to take the chance and risk ruining my mother’s dream of having all 4 kids and her together again. Honestly, i’m glad I didn’t. First packing some rolled j’s in my luggage probably would have gotten though the airport, no problem. The cruise line does search luggage for bottles of booze. Who knows if they would have found it or not. Also, there are drug dogs onboard the ship, so smoking onboard would have gotten me locked up. there’s really nowhere onboard to smoke - cameras everywhere and always people around. I could have probably brough back a key of weed since all they did in customs coming back off the ship was ask if i had any alcohol in my luggage. I said no. they said ok… which was nice since I didn’t have to pay tax on the carton of smokes I bought in mexico for $24.

had a decent time with annoying family. Belize was gorgeous so was Cozumel. I really have zero desire to go back to Mexico. Everywhere you go people trying to scam you and sell you something. Couldn’t even sit and enjoy lunch at a restaurant without being bothered . screw that.

3 Likes