TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 4: "The Hunger Games"

Amazing grow.
what’s the tropical sativa looking plant with those beautiful sparse calyxes?

2 Likes

Thanks!

The plant in question is a Dark Spark from @Mr.Sparkle , it’s not a common mutation but has some interesting qualities.

We have a recent discussion about this trait here:

4 Likes

Day 68

Some trichome and bud shots

14 Likes

Chop Chop

Cut this plant today, it has a twin I’ll likely take tomorrow or the next day.

14 Likes

Day 86

Some shots of the Purple Kush Autos

10 Likes

Got my outdoor area set up. Will have to have more than one outdoor area… lol

14 Likes

Your doing great for a small home made LED light grow. I wonder how mine would do in flower, under the ones I use for vegging. I got mine from the dollar store and crappy tire when they had some on sale last year. I got 36 of 5000K and 3000k 12 watt bulbs.

3 Likes

Plenty of discussions here about SIL (screw in lights) efficiency. My recent run is a poor example, but I tend to pull out about 1.5gpw out of these lights which is comparable to higher end LED setups, so for a budget light rig its hands down the best option.

I use 9w bulbs, as I find the higher wattage ones put out a little too much light/heat for the density i like to run them at.

I used to be large scale, HPS, expensive nutrients, gallons and gallons of water and medium.

My ROI was just not there. I sold or repurposed all my large scale indoor gear and downsized everything to a microgrow scale. Allowed me more control of my grow and also gave me more tine with each plant individually. Both of my cabinets combined cost less than $50 per run, electricity/food/medium included. The cabinets themselves including electronics and lights cost less than $200 each. This is an extremely low budget setup lol.

13 Likes

Yeh that’s my kind of style lol.

Mr Low Budget is my second name :joy: The dollar store is my favourite shop. Everything I do is because I didn’t want to have to pay someone else, to do, or produce it for me. I have always been soil and organic.

7 Likes

Oh Dollarama is a god send haha

4 Likes

This is my end goal. I plan on running my spectrum king for a few more runs and sell it off to have a badboy microgrow I’m looking into going how @Palindrome is running his two cabinets but probably on a smaller scale though as my house isn’t that big and I no longer have a garage :laughing:

I am also curious as well @Shadey it’s interesting to see how even low cost LED house bulbs are doing pretty well to get what look like nice dense buds. It’s all inspiring work @TrevorLahey so keep it up bud :+1:

8 Likes

Gotta say, if I were to build ground up with a bigger budget I’d be looking at @Palindrome 's system as it’s the best way (IMO) to get a good turnaround time growing photoperiod plants.

6 Likes

Oh I harvested the rest of the Dark Sparks yesterday.

Some highlights

21 Likes

Rainy day in the garden

12 Likes

Are those in the starter pots? :thinking:

5 Likes

They’re in 7gal pots now. Funny thing, they were in small 4" pots up until a week or so ago lol

Not sure if I’ll have to up pot them again, as I want some trees but trees have a hard time finishing in my climate.

8 Likes

Lookin dank there Trev, nice work mate nice work!

Happy growing

5 Likes

Been pouring rain since yesterday, a little solstice rain never hurt nothing though. They needed a good washing anyway and are better for it.

13 Likes

Seeing plants out in the rain makes me happy for some reason! Looking good, Buddy!

6 Likes

Probably because it’s the way nature intended it to be!

But my grandfather once told me “Don’t be thankful for a heavy rain” and that also stuck. So I definitely rushed outside this morning to see how they fared after the storm last night. Old habits I guess.

5 Likes