Trichome shots!

What is this purple flower?

Striking contrast with the yellow pistils.

:thumbsup:

1 Like

they are dark devil f2 autos from @Mr.Sparkle

very impressive looking, vivid, and the purple smells sweeter than the other two more green pheno…

6 Likes

Kudos to @Mr.Sparkle.

Surely got some eye candy going on.

:eye: :candy:

1 Like

4 Likes

amazing shots guys!!!

keep them coming

1 Like

the picture quality is professional.

How do you interface the camera and the loupe? My hands start shaking and I get pics of nothing. :cowboy_hat_face:

I got one from Amazon, £18 delivered. Connects to the phone and even has a little stand.

Will do images like this

or this

Images are not super high res, not even full HD but they are good enough to post online and to check for amber trichomes etc.

6 Likes

How ‘bout a link brother? :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

i tend to just shut off flash am d hold the loupe to the camera and try to get a good shot… usually take 20 before i get a worthy one

2 Likes

and thank you sir!
amateur photography has always been a hobby of mine… most of those shots of the dark devil are getting put on the budhole wall

1 Like

There are macro lens kits that fit most cell phones. The one I have looks like its no longer available, but they are all similar.

I also use this USB scope:

The software is not that great and you may have to spend a good bit of time messing with drivers, but once you get it working it takes really nice close up shots. The seller is good at customer support though and will help you through any issues.

However, it is even trickier as far as needing to hold it still to get a good clear picture. Thats true of anything that zooms in this close. I rigged up a Rube Goldberg gizmo to hang the scope from my light fixture so I can take pics hands off.

Here is a shot with the maxcro lens on my LG phone and then one with the scope. The scope gets much closer.

8 Likes

I even got one of these. It works well but you only get a glimpse as the slightest movement and it’s gone. Infuriating. :cowboy_hat_face:

Carson MicroBrite 20x-40x LED Lighted… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000Z3A8UY?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

1 Like

Yeah, shaky hands are a bitch. I jury rigged a semi-adjustable holder that I hang from my light so it is hands off when I take pics. Its just a clamp with an arm attached that then holds the scope so I can bend it and move it from one bud to another. Its not great but better than holding it in your hand.

I haven’t done it yet, but Ive been intending to get one of those flexible goose neck things like on some lamps to rig up a better system.

2 Likes

Cell Phone Clip on Stand Holder - with Grip Flexible Long Arm Gooseneck Bracket Mount Clamp for iPhone X/8/7/6/6s Plus Samsung S8/S7, used for bed, desktop https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079QY6RFQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_1k8uBb62BZ0QT

2 Likes

Oh man! I knew I should have gotten a patent on that idea!! :slight_smile:

Clicking order as soon as I read some of the reviews…

Thanks!!

1 Like

Sure, here you go

USB Microscope Amazon (UK)

That is the link from my orders, there may be cheaper or better ones available by now but I am fairly happy with this one.

Just so you know, there is a design flaw which means that at maximum zoom the end of the lens blocks the LED lights illuminating the subject so it is in shadow. For maximum zoom you would need the subject to be lit from underneath or the side.

The images I showed above are done with the subject still lit by the microscope so it zooms it a lot before this happens. I have not felt the need for the last bit of extra magnification yet.

Here is how close you can get

And here are the images from that

7 Likes

The trich shots are what I’m looking for. I get glimpses with this piece of shit I bought but photos are what I want. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Thats the exact same one I have. I had driver issues, but Im happy with how it works now.

Here is the US version that I couldnt find a link for before

1 Like

Outdoor organic Pineapple Chunk (actually a knockoff by Bulk Seed Bank, not Barney’s) after 1 month cure:

10 Likes